Home

Welmin's Cantina

Carbon_sleeper

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Time and space are definitely messed up, then," Erica said thoughtfully. "When that happened, I was nearing sixty, if memory serves... yet here I am looking nineteen!"

She glanced around the corner. "Come to think of it, all of us but Caster, Nom, and Tarila look to be around nineteen!"

• 2 weeks later...

"Our point is that the timeline seems to have gotten skewed for all of us to be looking this way and sitting together," Caitlin said. "It matters little who you are or what your history is. As we're all here and most of us appear to be nineteen... well I don't know, it makes me want to see if there's something we can do about setting the timeline straight."

"Oh, boy," Erica chuckled. "That'd be a challenge."

I've been seventeen to nineteen for 2000," Riebe smiled. "I'm in the same boat as Strider."

"Yeah, well think of those of us who've aged normally," Alyssa complained. Riebe laughed and shrugged.

"I suppose it is odd to see you all at the ages I started training you," she said thoughtfully.

• 5 months later...

*I hope you guys don't mind if I join. This seems like a cool RP*

Vode An steps into the cantina and looks around.

"Hey, Vode! Long time no see, eh? What scum of the earth have gotten into your way? Eh he he heh." Wilman asks.

"The dead kind," Vode replies, taking his Mandalorian helmet off.

(appearance is here http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=80292&page=5)

(('Wilman'? :p))

As soon as the man walks in, a chill runs through Kin's body. The man carries an air of power with him. Then, when the helmet comes off, Kin sees the eyes. He quickly turns and looks at his drink.

((Kin will be in two places at once right now - Black Viper Bar and Welmin's Cantina.))

(Nice Joe. Thanks for that "air of power" thing for Vode.)(I meant Welmin.)

Vode noticed a man out of the corner of his eye look at him for a second, then went back to an in depth study of his drink. Vode walked up to the bar and sat down.

"What'll it be Mandalorian?" Welmin asked, his wings flapping madly.

"Strongest alcohol you got." Vode answered.

The sith sat quietly on his seat, looking at the newcomer. He grumbled quietly and hen muttered out loud; "Great... A Mandalorian. That's all we need" and stood up just to walk to the bar, swinging his cape out of the way before he sat down next to the mandalorian and looked at him from below the shadows of his hood.

"Who are you and why do you come here? The sith do not like the presence of mandalorians in this Cantina. It has been wrecked several times because of your kind" he said, moving his hand so that his cape moved and revealed a lightaber hanging on his other side, another one hanging hidden on his other.

"As you will see," Vode said, opening the armor plate the housed his double-bladed lightsaber, "I'm not like them. I don't cause trouble. And if I kill someone, it's because I have to." He said, taking his gaze from his drink to the Sith. "And besides, I'm a friend of Welmin."

((No offense, Royal Guardian, but I kind of think it's unrealistic for you to carry a lightsaber...here are a few reasons why.

1. All the Fetts were Mandalorians, but they supported neither the Jedi nor the Sith. They disliked Force users unless paid a lot. So I don't think a Mandalorian would actually be a Force user.

2. I think you're trying to be two factions at once: Mandalorians are their own faction, and could kill a Jedi if they wanted to - but with their gun; without even needing a lightsaber. (In fact, even Ghez Hokan from Hard Contact thought the lightsaber was for softies; he managed fine with his own rifle). Sith prefer not to use guns, only their lightsaber. Each faction is extremely powerful in its own right - why do you need to be both?

3. In the Black Viper Bar, you start cleaning your DC-17. Why carry around such a versatile gun if you, being a Sith, could hold up your hand and absorb DC-17 fire, or deflect it with the lightsaber? You would probably favor the lightsaber, anyway.

This is just my opinion. I'm not telling you to change. It's just a little odd.))

Kin quietly eavesdropped on their conversation, as the bar was not very noisy and there was not much else to do.

"This is a place for outcasts and people who do not want to be known of by the factions that rule this galaxy. You seem to be an outcast for your looks. A Mandalorian with a lightsaber and a scarred body beneath that armour mean you are hunted by someone. The gloating of your killed aquaintances and the cold look in your eyes make you a harsh killer, like all your warrior kind. You are definately no better than the rest of you mandalorian scum" he said and looked at the man with a mischievous grin, a slight coldness flashing from his eyes as he thought of al lthe bounty hunters, some of the thoughters ones being mandalorian, that he had slain.

((Good point joe. I have that book Hard Contact, love it. I just didn't bring that quote to mind. I'll just make him change it to that he killed a Sith and took it from him. He just uses it as a cutting tool, for repairs on his ship. Now that it has been brought to my mind, I will never give him a lightsaber again. Thank you.))

"Just 'cause I carry a lightsaber, doesn't mean I use it. Lightsabers are for softies, like you. The only true weapon in this galaxy is a blaster. Not a sissy sword that can't even go through my armor. Yep, I got this from a Sith," Vode said, his tone changing to one of sadistic amusement. "He begged for his life. As you already know, I gave it to him, for about 2 seconds. Then his blood splattered my armor, when my vibroblade cut through his throat." Vode said, momentarily ejecting the vibroblade in his gauntlet. "I don't regret it for a second. And don't call me scum again. Mandalorians are better warriors and people than the screwed up Sith." Vode said, taking a sip from his glass.

A 20-years-old young man, hooded in a black cloak, enters the bar, ignoring comments from passersby, and seats himself at a booth in the farthest northern corner. A familiar, thoughtful gaze, coming from his face; a face swathed in bandages peers out across the area, searching for old faces from years past, new faces, or anything else that looks remotely interesting.

Even if the Cantina looks different than before, he sighs, it'll always feel like my home away from home.

"So, what can I do for yeh, stranger?"

"......water."

"What? Speak up!"

"Get me some water....."

"You forget that you have made the gravest mistake of all when a sith is nearby" he said and in a split of a second, his other lightsaber was burning against his naked throath.

"And it was no Sith you killed. There are always two, and only two. Lord Rythe is one, I am the second. So the pleasure you recieved was from a pathetic example of a dark jedi" Darth Tepe said, pushing the blade slightly against him some more, slowly leaving probably lifetime burnmarks on his Mandalorian skin.

"I could cut your throath, scum, but I'll leave it for someone who would have challenge from fighting you. I have killed some of the greatest Mandalorian warriors of this day and have slaughtered clones enought not to be messed with. If I want to call you scum, I will call you scum, and there is nothing you can do about it without losing mere limbs or your life" he noted, deactivating the lightsaber but holding it in his hand, even if he could easily stop an attack from the Mandalorian with a single force strike at him

((To keep myself from becoming so confused, I'm comin' in with the two characters I started with in Welmin's... :) ))

Two familiar Jedi slipped in and made their way to a familiar corner. The elder of the two had blonde hair and blue eyes; the younger was a redhead with green eyes. They stood at about the same height; five feet, three inches. The elder had a single lightsaber clipped to her right side while the younger had a saber at each side. Once, they were master and apprentice; now, they are friends and partners, a Master and a Knight; Caitlin Bryce and Erica West.

They ordered non-alcoholic drinks from Welmin and sat back to observe the goings-on at Welmin's Cantina.

"Here's your stinkin' water....."

He took the cup from the barkeep, without batting an eye, and had a sip. Ice cold water that never lost its taint and purified water was hard to find in bars he'd been to. Normally, he'd only ask for Ale, but today was a different day for him. Let's just say he was a different person and needed a little R & R.

The commotion between Tepe and the bounty hunter caught his attention for a brief moment, but then he went back to sipping water from his cup. Vode's thoughts about Mandalors or bounty hunters being different compared to Sith were different his own.

Scum will always be scum, no matter what pretty little names you call 'em. Top's master believed it should be that way. He wanted it that way. Lucky for him, he didn't.

((Gonna be in two places at once like everyone else :p))

A man donned in a black cloak, underneath which he wore a traditional Republic-era Jedi tunic, black in color with red tabbards, stepped into the cantina. His steel-toed boots, an odd contrast to his Jedi outfit, thumped softly on the floor with a familiar step in them. The man had penetrating blue eyes, his hair was long, and he wore a red bandana. He smiled as he walked in, recognizing the Welmin's Cantina he once visited quite frequently.

Welmin chuckled as the man walked in through the door. "Well if it isn't Strider...Haven't seen you around in these parts for a long time. What'll it be?"

Strider Flamehart chuckled, and replied, "Just a water, Welmin." He walked up to the bar and took the water Welmin gave him, then turned to the other occupants of the bar. "How's it goin' everyone? Thought I'd come check out the old hangout, see if anyone was still here."

Archived