Home

Welmin's Cantina

Carbon_sleeper

((Topshot!! It's been a while! :D

Dammit, this makes me wish Kilmor were still alive. :( All of the Golden-Oldies are returning to Welmin's Cantina.))

EDIT: ((Come to think of it, we never found out where Kilmor's body ended up...the last time I mentioned Kilmor's body was when Kin loaded it on his ship and took off, and then was subsequently captured by pirates........hmmm.....nobody knows where Kilmor's body is. Hmmm.....:naughty: ))

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Um, you know Tepe, I'm not stupid, underneath that saber housing, note i use the word HOUSING, is another layer of armor. Jesus, I'm not that stupid, and second, he has a flame resistant body glove on. God, Mandalorians are decked out, you should know that. And second, the vibroblade part, I used the word, "MOMENTARILY!!!!!", that means he pullled it back in after the sentence, sheesh Tepe, pick up the context clues.))((Oh, and, uh, Welmin has defensive measures to prevent this, put your sabers up, softy.))

((Edit your post next time rather than double posting. I'm no mod, but just future advice.

Secondly, it's a stereotype that many long-time inhabitants has built up. They aren't saying you aren't a respectable Mandalorian, they're just saying they assume you to be bad news.

However, not everyone has this stereotype, such as my character for example, who has no problem whatsoever and gives most people the benefit of the doubt.))

((Um, you know Tepe, I'm not stupid, underneath that saber housing, note i use the word HOUSING, is another layer of armor. Jesus, I'm not that stupid, and second, he has a flame resistant body glove on. God, Mandalorians are decked out, you should know that. And second, the vibroblade part, I used the word, "MOMENTARILY!!!!!", that means he pullled it back in after the sentence, sheesh Tepe, pick up the context clues.))((Oh, and, uh, Welmin has defensive measures to prevent this, put your sabers up, softy.))

I kinda agree with Royal Guardian, I don't think it was fair for you to do all of that in one post, Tepe...you should have given him a chance to react...

((Fine, I'll edit the post. And Royal Guardian, the systems have never worked. That's why the cantina has been smashed and rebuilt so many times. Welmin doesn't seem to learn at all from all that destruction and mayhem.

EDIT: I forgot to note that even flame resistant materials burn at some point, and a lightsaber is not a flame. It is a high-powered beam that can make a bulky blast door into liquid form. And if you have another armor beyond the first one, you should mention it. Some description would be nice))

Strider raised his eyebrow at the commotion. "Trouble hasn't changed a bit," he said, looking around. He nodded a greeting at both Caitlin and Erica with a familiar grin. He turned and also saw Topshot, sitting with his water. "You've been gone awhile. I think the last time I saw you was when i went by Craig still," Strider said.

Vode sighed, pushing the lightsaber away from his throat by it's hilt.

"Let's get one thing straight, sithie. I'm a Mandalorian, not a clone, do I look like Jango Fett? No, I don't. Clones are amazing pieces of genes, but I'm not one of them."

"Quite so. The clones are better than you" the sith laughted and turned away from him, ending the conversation by walking away, finding a place sitting with the two female jedi. He drew his hood back and smiled at them warmly.

"Caitlin, Erica. It's been a while. I hope you haven't been spoiling a lot of my plans of taking over the galaxy lately" he said and chuckled, raising his hand in a fist and then four finger up. Welmin grunted back behind the counter and poured something in a cup before walking out and to the sith.

"There's you hot chocolate, kiddo" Welmin said and left back while Tepe grinned and took a sip from the steaming cup

"Good. I'd hate to see my eternal rival getting rusty", he chuckles,"Not that that would happen, of course. My abilities, however, have decreased since last we met. Don't understand why they have. I've killed tons of people and robbed their corpses. What more do I need to do?"

Strider laughed, and replied, "Not sure. Maybe meditate? I don't know, I haven't done so in ages, the Jedi'll probably be nagging me about not having a clear, organized mind before long."

With that, he walked up next to the table in which Tepe, Caitlin, and Erica were at.

"Taking over the galaxy huh? That's why those couples of Sith who know my name from the Sith Hunter days are actually getting to be a challenge lately," Strider said with a joking tone in his voice. "Hrm...Darth Tepe - Emperor of the Galaxy...Got a nice ring to it," he said with a grin.

He turned to Caitlin and Erica, "So what kind of messes are you two getting into in the Outer Rims? I'd hate to be sent by the Council out there to clean up after you two," Strider said with a grin and a laugh.

The women laughed and Caitlin said, "No, no. There won't be any messes for you to clean up. We promise."

"Political disputes within systems, mostly," Erica said. "A few Jedi going missing out there, some clones malfunctioning and going on a rampage..."

"That was fun," Caitlin interrupted with a grin.

"Well," Erica cut in, "it wasn't fun until we realized they wouldn't listen to any sort of negotiation..."

"Except the aggressive," Caitlin added. Erica raised an eyebrow.

"Shall we say they'll not be bothering anyone any more?" she suggested. Caitlin nodded.

"And what about you, Flamehart?" she asked. "What sorts of things have you been up to?"

"Heh... Rythe is still the Emperor... I'm just a Sith Lord trying to fight his way out of his master's shadow. That shouldn't be too hard a Rythe hasn't done much while I've been getting major factions on my side slowly over the time" Tepe said and grinned, taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

"Oh, and when it comes to the Outer Rim, I think I'm pretty clear of the area. As long as you leave those planets with my Star Destroyers over them alone so I don't have to do anything I'd regret to you two" he said before raising the cup again to his lips and taking a longer sip than before. The sith leaned back on his chair and relaxed slightly. The cantina was peaceful again, like it should be. He liked it that way. Tepe could go to a rebelling world to annihilate the rebels if he wanted violence. Unfortunately for him, there were no rebelling worlds because offcially he had no worlds under his Sith Dominion, even thought many worlds were ruled by puppet rulers. Darth Tepe was using the old method, perfected by Palpatine, of manipulating weak rulers into doing what the sith tells them to do. Of course he differed by having military presence in these worlds and will eventually take over himself after molding these worlds to his liking and assassinating the weakling rulers

Strider nodded. "Well, tell your star destroyer buddies to stop firing on the Ragnarok when I come into your airspace. They have me registered as a Rebel-allied craft, when half the time I'm either pitstopping or getting something off the market. Not that my ship's shields can't hold them off anyway, but then they like to put places in quarantine to find me and I gotta sneak my way back off," he informed.

"Meh... I'll try and list the Ragnarok as a freighter, but I doubt it that the Admirals will believe me. They're still living the imperial times, just like the remnants, and all aircraft coming from New Republic territories are possible enemies to them. Oh, why did I ever allow Rythe to give me some of his Admirals. 'But you're my apprentice'... Oh, well. I should get rid of them son anyways and get some better tacticians and modern thinkers into the fleets" Tepe said and shook his head slightly. He took a drink off his hot chocolate and then sighed. His Sith Dominion was strong but still basically powerless while Rythe was leading the Imperial Remnants and the Senate ruled the New Republic

((Man. I need to pay more attention to this forum. Stupid college. :p

RoyalGuardian, Flamehart is right, try to limit the double posting.

The rest of this stuff, looks like you worked it out on your own, so, good. If I'd have just read this a few days ago, I could have bitten off some heads. Damn! ;P))

• 9 months later...

A dark figure entered the bar once again. This time not lone, however. Two minions of his also entered, however in much less of a spectacular suits as they had been in before. This was their more civilian clothing, even if they had armors and multiple hidden and not hidden weapons around. The one difference was that they didn't wear a large poncho or a helmet, but rather a headset that kept them in touch with HQ and a simple green cape that distinguished them just as well as Dominion Guards. Welmin grumbled as the dark-cloaked figure moved to the bar, the other two heading for a corner booth next to the entrance.

"Whaddya want here? You've been cutting down my business"

"Me? Never. You never had any business to start with, Welmin"

"Bah..."

"Now give me the usual and shut up so I won't have to shut you down for good"

"Right then"

The man removed his hood and smiled at Welmin. His grey lock of hair stood out from the rest of the man who was dressed rather darkly. For once he wore no fancy armor, but rather his old tunic and such which were quite adequate for his needs. Still two lightsabers hung from his sides, the trademark weapons of a Lord we all know. Tepe was back in town.

((Consider this a bump also. Do note that the 'Villains of a War' thread is still active even if I try to get this running too. Welmin just can't pass on :p ))

"The cut in business is actually my fault, Welmin," chimed a voice from the corner. Strider Flamehart could be seen in his usual corner table, chair leaned back, feet propped up as was his usual posture. "Been taking up Bounty Hunting again on my free time for sport. When your usual crowd learned this was my hangout, they tend not to swing by in case I find their bounties too," he said with a grin, then eyed Tepe.

"Well look who it is. Don't you have something important to be doing, buddy, like, dubious plotting of some sort, or uncovering secrets of the Force?" Strider said in jest.

Just outside Welmin's Cantina, a woman stood completely still, her head angled as if she were sniffing the air. Dark red hair was pulled back in a slightly curling ponytail. Clear blue eyes darted back and forth, not seeming to look at anything no matter which direction they were pointed. She was dressed in a dark, v-neck shirt, black pants, a black women's knee-length jacket made of something not unlike Krayt dragon leather, and black, half-inch-heel boots.

With a final nod of determination, she stepped into the cantina. Her eyes darted from Tepe to Strider, and only then did she glance at Welmin.

"What, you have a bounty on your head that makes you look at the guests before you consider a drink?" Welmin wondered. The woman stared at him for a moment. Then, she laughed.

"Hardly," she answered in her clear, pleasant voice. Only when she went on could anyone tell that she had a rather distinctive accent, difficult to pin to any location in the galaxy. "Merely traveling... and trying to determine what sorts of places I can find."

"And what d'ye think of mine?" Welmin asked curiously. The woman smiled pleasantly.

"A very fine establishment," she answered. Glancing again to Tepe and Strider, she added, "And some very high priority guests you have yourself."

With a nod to Tepe, she greeted, "Lord Tepe of your very own Dominion." To Strider, another nod and a greeting, "Strider Flamehart, former Jedi, former Sith, now Sith Hunter."

"Public figures, it's true," Welmin said, speaking slowly. "You're not an assassin, are you?" He reached slowly below his counter, but the woman laughed again.

"As if I'd get anywhere far against these two!" she exclaimed, still giggling. "Now, if the two Force sensitive gentlemen would like, I encourage them to 'reach out', I believe you call it. See what you feel."

Though externally, this woman looked human, her internal body structure was quite different, including two hearts and a significantly larger lung capacity... and no connection to the Force whatsoever.

"Gentlemen, I'm known as Raquel Annerire," the woman said. With a smirk, she added, "Once upon a time, I was known to a tiny planet in the Outer Rim as the Angel of Death." Frowning thoughtfully, she went on, "It's been an accurate title before... though not that particular time..."

Shrugging, she took a seat and ordered a drink.

Strider smirked. He'd heard of the nickname before. "So you're the one who caused all that ruckus down there," he said. "Public figure? Nah, I'm not a public figure. Just a figure who inconveniently puts himself in public just with a severe lack of anything better to do," said Strider with a smart tone. "As for Tepe, well, he's an old coot with a severe lack of anything better to do," he said again with jest towards Tepe. He'd known Tepe forever, they were friends, and only the conflict over the Sith Dominion had briefly separated him and the Sith Hunters until their reunited allegiance near the end of the war.

"Accurate title before? Sounds like you have a story. Do tell," he urged curiously.

Archived