Home

Welmin's Cantina

Carbon_sleeper

Raquel laughed. "Oh, that'd take far more time than even you have to waste, Master Flamehart." She fell silent for a moment and then chuckled. "You have a very good memory, by the way. Angel of Death is a 4000 year old alias for me." She frowned. "I think so anyway... what's the year?"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The door to the cantina opened, admitting a non-descript man. He looked human, about 40 to 45 years old. He wore black pants made of a tough, versatile fabric, a dark red jumper that came to a sharp point at the neckline. He also wore a dark brown jacket, just past waist length, with three widely spaced buttons down one side. It was extremely worn and battered, giving the man the look of a weary traveller. His eyes were a strong yet subtle blue, and carried with them an age that far surpassed that of his body.

He smiled in a friendly manner as the Toydarian looked him up and down with a look of mingled curiousity and reservation. "Hullo!" he said, waving to the alien with two fingers. His voice was oddly accented, though it was impossible to place. "Don't s'pose you could spare us a cup'a, could you?"

The Toydarian arched a wrinkly eyebrow ridge. "What're you talkin' about, uh?"

The man sighed. "I travel all the way across Time and Space, and you're tellin' me you can't even brew a dece- mind you, do you still got that stuff Juma Juice? Or has it been banned by now? What year is it, anyway?"

The Toydarian glared at the man, who was now smiling innocently at him from the other side of the counter. "You tryin' be funny, guy?" he asked, reaching beneath the bar and thrusting a Juma Juice at the man.

"Sor'of, yeah," said the man, taking the bottle with a grin.

The Toydarian pressed on. "You from around here?"

"Sor'of yeah," repeated the man.

Welmin grunted as the man took a sip of the Juma, and smacked his lips appreciatively. "Who are you?" he blurted.

The man smiled again. "I'm the Doctor," he said, reaching across the bar to shake the alien's hand. "And no, I'm not from around here. I'm just passing through."

The Toydarian shrugged. "If you're lookin' at stayin' here for any length'a time, I suggest shovin' off. This place ain't no good for 'passing through'"

The Doctor shook his head. "I don' plan on staying long," he said. He nodded his thanks to the bartender, and moved across the room to an emtpy table and sat down, his back to the rest of the patrons.

"I'm not talking hours," Raquel said with a mysterious smirk. At that moment, the Doctor entered. Raquel withdrew into the corner, completely hidden by the shadows. The Doctor's chosen seat was very close to Raquel's hiding spot. She inched closer quietly. Then, she spoke.

"You're a long time from when I last saw you," she informed him.

"Old coot? I beg your pardon, but I run a nation and I'm nearing 50. I haven't seen you taking much responsibility in Galactic matters and you're closer to 5,000 years old" Tepe responded to Strider with a chuckle. He took a seat in the middle of the room, watching the Doctor and then Raquel. By the time he took the first sip from his drink, a search was already going in the databanks with their names on it. Just a precaution, but still a necessary one. welmin had upgraded his security systems since the last time the place was blown up and Tepe didn't want him to use the doomsday machines as long as any of the regulars was around. And if there were trouble, it was always better to rip it apart before anything goes awry.

"So, Strider, where's the rest of your posse?" he asked finally with a grin, meaning the apparent disappearing of the Sith Hunters as a larger group.

He strode silently into the cantina, his black cape close on his body. He nodded at Welmin, and the Toydarian placed a glass of Blumfruit on the counter. He took it and gave Welmin an appreciative nod. He walked over to Tepe, the Lord's back to him, and stopped.

"Is that seat taken?" Kaoin said to his former master, his tone friendly.

"Eh, it's typical behavior of me to jet off without them knowing and leave them reeling, wondering 'where the hell did that slime Strider run off to?' If anything, they'll drop by here later out of curiosity to see if I'm here," replied the Sith Hunter with a devious smile.

Strider grinned about Tepe's comments on his responsibilities, and replied, "Just because I've been around so long doesn't mean any of it has ever been my problem."

*Beretta enters Welmin's cantina*

Hey folks hows the galaxy treating ya *Beretta rests his rebel trooper helmet down on the bar table*

Hey Welmin Give me anything with a buzz to it,I just got back from the valley of the jedi.

"Yeah, well. Taking you're a Galactic citizen and a Sith Hunter, some of it must be your problem" Tepe grunted before hearing Kaoin's question.

"I could've sworn I heard a devious little bastard talking behind me" he said and turned around with a wide smile on his face. Ticking Kaoin off was one of the easiest things to do and now that they were rivals, it was even more exciting.

"Now sit down if you so wish. Shouldn't you be running a nation?"

Raquel frowned. "Well... at least it's not like she'll notice you're gone... not when you can come back the same time you left..." Shaking her head, she went on, "but somehow, I remember you complaining once or twice of people 'wandering off'." With a smirk, she asked, "Isn't this much the same?"

"Nah," he said, waving a hand dismissively. "When I complain about people 'wandering off', it's when they know they're in a dangerous situation, they know I've told them to stay put for their own protection, and yet they still feel the need to wander straight into the enemy's clutches. I'm just taking a break."

"Oh, mostly I've just kept to this galaxy," Raquel answered. "They've had some pretty interesting challenges in their time. Don't much go for your attitude of... blast everything to pieces to save the day, That's just not me. And don't go trying to remind me of the time we met just after you regenerated..."

She shook her head. "That was after three years of being stuck here... and not in the most pleasant time frame either, mind you." Taking a deep breath, she added, "That sort of thing has a way of changing a person... but I'm beginning to rediscover myself. Long process... but worth it."

• 6 months later...

The sound of a cloak drifting in the wind was heard as familiar sounding footsteps entered the Cantina.

"Holy...This sonuva bantha fodder still hasn't been blown up again yet has it?"

"The usual, Flamehart?"

"Christ.. no matter how much I change my looks you can tell it's me," Strider replied. His hair was clean cut, short, and platinum now, and his outfit was more rugged, entirely black, and a leather trenchcoat.

"Can't escape me, Strider. You keep disappearing but you just keep coming back," Welmin said.

"One of these days I'mma ditch you and you're gonna regret saying that," Strider said back with a grin.

"Then you'll just come back after a year or so and I can say I told you so," Welmin replied, handing him the drink and laughing at Strider. Strider chuckled in response and turned to the rest of the bar.

"Inhabitants have dwindled a little though, I don't see many familiar faces either," he commented.

"You're just not looking for familiar faces in the right places, Strider," a familiar voice teased from the doorway. There stood a short, young-looking woman with piercing brown eyes and a long brown braid hanging to her waist. She wore a black uniform of some sort, though it had no markings as to rank or any known military. The only marking on the uniform was a stylized 'SH' and for that reason, it was instantly recognizable to Strider, who had once worn a similar uniform of his own.

"Welmin, you never age," Reibe Vailar teased the cantina's owner and bartender. "This cantina is like the place that time forgot or something..."

Strider smiled, pulling aside his coat and showing the same SH logo on his clothing.

"I always liked the rugged look better," he said with a grin. Riebe knew all too well he wasn't one for uniforms.

"And if you guys weren't hiding all the time, I wouldn't have to look in the right places, you guys know I'm lazy," Strider remarked with a grin.

The backroom door opened with a hiss and an extremely familiar sight came through the door. The figure walked out of the door, dressed like a bounty hunter, but with a deep purple cape behind him. His face and appearance otherwise was like Darth Tepe's, yet he seemed like the Sith Lord had lost thirty years. However, if you looked closely enough, the figure was not quite a duplicate of Tepe. He had some characteristics from another person known by the Hunters, Darth Charna. Indeed, he was the son of these two and had began to visit Welmin's after hearing from the place from his father so many times. Iarod was his name, Iarod Dantes.

The figure looked at the newcomers, each individually and then as a group. His hands went to his belt as he walked to a table near the bar and sat down, nodding at Welmin to bring him his usual drink. Iarod knew not who these newcomers were, but he did recognize one of them from pictures he had seen. Strider Flamehart was the man in leather. By the appearance of the woman's attire, he drew the conclusion of her being a Sith Hunter. He cared not for such matters, however. He was no Sith.

Reibe laughed. "Who said anything about hiding? What we've been doing is a little more interesting than that. Though I have to admit it's true we haven't concerned ourselves much with galactic affairs..." She crossed the room and sat with Strider, and her voice lowered. This was not something she wanted everyone to hear.

"... information gathering/protecting is more what we've been doing. I started that process quite some time ago... back during my first disappearance. The Watchtower's the hub. I've found some rather fascinating information regarding myself as well..." She paused for a moment. "I'm significantly older than I initially thought..."

Archived