Home

Welmin's Cantina

Carbon_sleeper

Welmin is a Toydarian that runs a cantina on a starport in orbit around the planet Crodaria in the Outer Rim. Welmin's is a cantina that is known to be a no fire zone, and a safe place to relax and get your mind off the dangers of a harsh galaxy. He has several extremely advanced security droids that are programmed to destroy anyone that shows any signs of violence. He runs a peaceful bar where sworn enemies can sit side by side and know the other one won't try anything... dangerous.

Rules: This is basically just a place for characters to relax and get to know one another. It's pure RPG, no real action. Just be your character in the bar and get to know the other characters around. On your first post, only give a description of your character's physical appearance and actions, to keep it real. In life, the world doesn't know your complete background when you enter a room. Let's let that stuff come out during the course of getting to know each other. Of course if you WANT to give more info, that's fine. feel free to use Welmin in any way to bring your character into the cantina. I'll start:

Jeck walks into the cantina and is immediately greeted by Welmin. "Carbon Sleeper!" the Toydarian yells. "Been too long."

"Not long enough," Jeck answers. He is wearing a plain gray flight suit. He looks as though he hasn't cut or brushed his hair in months, and he needs a shave. Tiredly, Jeck takes a seat at the bar, hoping to find somebody--anybody--to chat with to take his mind off his own sorrows.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro walks into the Bar. Black Cloak covering his saber on his belt.

Euro: Hey Welmin! Hows life treatin yuh? I just got back from Coruscant from yet another mission my master has sent me on. How about a couple shots of anything. I'm tired as hell.

Euro in a suspicious tone "depends on who's asking and why. I don't do errands over my own permission, and I'm not a Hitman."

Euro pulls out his Sony Walkmin and puts in Thursday.

Euro repeating along quietly "Dont even take a breath the air is cold.."

Jeck sits quietly, looking at his glass. "Sorry. Nevermind. Just that there's some folks out in this galaxy that I'd really like to see... well.... no longer in this galaxy." He takes a deep breath, and says, trying to change the subject, "so. What's your story. Why is a Jedi--I'm assuming you are, in fact, a Jedi--hanging out in this dump?"

"Hey," Welmin protests as he pours another patron a drink.

*Topshot slowly comes to after being hit over the head with a chair, and starts making his way over to the bar.*

Topshot:"Howdy boys! Bartender, throw me a bottle. Corellian Ale. On the rocks!"

(looks toward the others)

Topshot:"Someone call for a Jedi, or a Dark Jedi???"

Euro: Well.. my history isn't quite the Brady Bunch. My father and mother were killed by a fellow sith when I was only a couple months old. Its a burden I live with.

Euro makes a tight fist "and I will get whoever did it. Bet you're wondering why I myself are a sith? Each time I think of my parents my body rages with hate and anger. Its too much to handle for a person like myself. Anyways, I guess a favor of this sort wouldn't hurt. What exactly do you need?

Topshot (thought moment):'Euro reminds me of myself!'

Topshot turns grim,"Your story is pretty darn interesting, Euro. I myself am a Jedi Master gone neutral, both good and evil. My brother was killed by a fire when a sith and jedi were in lightsaber combat. Didn't realize it until a couple days later that I had force abilities. Used em for both good and evil, I did. Trained under many great masters, both Sith and Jedi. For some reason, I could control both dark and light side abilities."

Craig, a man with slightly long and ruffled hair, wearing regular nondescript clothes (for once, usually wears armor) enters, and, for the sake of the security, hands sword to the security droid.

Craig: I want that back when I leave, got it? *Heads in*

Craig: Ah, old friend Welmin!

Welmin: Ah, ninja boy, nice to see you!

Craig: I'll have a Juri Juice, in a clean class if you can help it. *Sits down near the other occupants*

*Looks at topshot and laughs*: You get hit with a table or somethin?

*To Euro*: Thats..pretty bad.. if you need help with that, I could find someone who can help you if you like.

*To Jeck* Who are these folks you'd like to see? other members of your family? are they just gone away or dead or..? Sorry If I'm disturbing you.

Topshot:"Yeah. Some guy came in wearing MSG2 armor and threw a chair at me. I believe he looked a little like you and little like me. He was probably another one of those cloning experiments that escaped from Galak's labratory. Left before any of these guys came in."

Craig: Erm.. MGS2 armor.. as in something close to this? *taps button on watch and armor similar to MGS1 Gray Fox's appears* If so, it wasn't me, but only 2 other people I know use this armor.. me and my best friend, who died.

So...How bout that drink Welmin?

Welmin comes over with the Juri Juice

Welmin: Here ya go, enjoy.

Craig: *Tosses coin to Welmin and sips juri juice, after tapping watch and going back to nondescript clothing*

Topshot:"He asked me if I knew you, or if I was a friend of yours. When I said I did know you, he took a table, bashed it against my head [table broke right away when it touched me, making me dizzy], then he took a chair, and that knocked me out cold."

Topshot:"My head is still here. His armor may give him enhanced strength, but I can hide my true power level, so as to make my strength less dangerous. I only show my true power level when there are more lives at stake than just mine."

Topshot:"Also, if I train harder, my power level can advance even higher than that of just about any kind of man-made weapon. His strength was only enough to knock me unconscious. He didn't do me any real harm. I was at half my true power that time."

Euro: Well I'm off to Earth for some R&R. Master said it would be ok. Lucky bastard doesn't understand people have lives. Anyways, Thursday's playing Live if any of you guys have nothin to do. Time to let the force recharge and catch some rays. :p

Topshot:"I've got a mission to take care of on this planet. I'll see you guys later." *heads out the door.*

(Cantina RPG is sort of related in a way to the "Tale of a Warrior" RPG, due to the part where I start off. I thought of making Carbon Sleeper's RPG a prequel to mine. Hope you don't mind, Carbon Sleeper.)

Klai Finn appears in the door way, with both DL-44s in his holsters. He enters slowly, gives a suspicious look at the other patrons beneath his green lensed goggles.

He walks up to the bar, kicks a stool around 180 degees and sits down with the back to his stomach.

Setting blasters on counter for an annoying security droid tapping him, he decides to get a drink, "I'll have a Bantha Blaster. Don't skip out on the Rodian Gin."

Bartender gives him sizzling cup of green liquid that burns the skin upon contact and responds, "As law requires me to, I must admit that I am not responsible for any injuries caused from that drink to you. So don't get any ideas on suein' me for it, outlander!"

Klai smiles grimmly and sets a handful of chits on the counter, "Had no intention of doing so."

Klai turns to Jag and gives him a look, "You look beat. What's your story."

The cantina doors open as a man in a dusty green coat walks in wearing a peculiar hat and carrying an odd vibro-spear.

"Barkeep, get me a Trandoshan Ale" he yells over the cantinas voices. Wearily he falls into an empty booth and mumbles "Blasted Barabels. Can't stand losing an honest game of dice." As the barkeep sets down his ale, ckcsaber hastily mutters a thanks, before he drowns himself with ale.

Emitting a sigh ckcsaber leans back, happy to enjoy some rest.

Klai holds up his hand before Jag can reply, "Excuse me, but I must be leaving."

He walks over to ckcsaber and sets his drink on the table and props hs feet up on the surface after sitting on the bench, "Ahh, you look like a man of many talents. Just the sort of type I'm looking for."

ckcsaber looks up wearily and tries to speak, but Klai shushes him with a wave, "I am willing to pay 75,000 credits to each man to join my party. I'll tell you more about it if you agree to let me." Klai pauses and holds up a data pad showing his bank account, "I do have the coin to back it up. First, why don't you tell me a bit about yourself."

ckcsaber smiles smugly at the datapad Klai holds up.

"Well, Klai it seems as if you are a succsessful man. As am I. To tell you the truth, your credits don't interest me, but i'm always looking for something to do, so I might as well tag along....if your plan interests me."

"It's a personal mission. But I really need some back up. I plan on hitting Takara's stronghold on the world of Ord Katrassi." Klai explains, leaning over the table so only ckcsaber can hear.

"Only two people have ever been hostile in that place and survived. I was one of them. I was held in the prison cells, escaped and headed straight through the base. Managed to take out half the security detail and downed 4 nexus." Klai pauses to let this sink in, then continues.

"The other person is some Rebel Jedi named... Mara Jade?" He nods, "Yeah. She to was held in the prison cells and escaped. Only she took out a Rancor with her bare hands! My brother, Abron Mar, had captured her. That is my target. He has put a death sentance on my head of more money that even I possess! But don't even attempt catching me. I've worked for the Empire and Remnant for almost ten years and even had a run in with Boba Fett a while back and survived."

Klai looks around the bar as he downs the last of his drink. He turns back to ckcsaber and says," What do you say?"

"Your brother seems like a nice guy." ckcsaber replys. "So he has himself holed up on Ord Katrassi? Never been there so I guess nows my chance to visit. Tell me when you've got everyone else you need, and I'll be ready."

ckcsaber leans back and calls out "hey Welmin, let me have another Ale."

Archived