Home

Welmin's Cantina

Carbon_sleeper

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hardly a proposal on the way," Alyssa remarked drily, staring at Caster.

"What are you doing here, Alyssa?" Caster asked. Alyssa glanced at Kilmor's body before answering.

"I had come in search of Kilmor," she said. "He and Nik were to return to the Academy for reassignment."

"Does reassignment still mean the same thing as it did when I left?" Caster wondered. Alyssa nodded sadly. Caster turned to Nik. "It means that you and Kilmor caused too much trouble in this area. You'd be moved somewhere far away after a long period of 'learning and meditation' at the Academy."

"That depends," Alyssa answered slowly. "It's not often a Master is killed while still training an apprentice. Because of this, the Jedi do not have the proper resources to guide you through the pain." She glanced at Caster. "I think that what would be best for you at this point is to spend time with a Jedi who has lost a master."

She looked at Caster. "Well?"

"The rest of the Council will object," Caster warned.

"Except the originals," Alyssa answered. "Luke, Kyle... you know."

"But the Council is large enough that you are a minority," Caster reminded her. "It's how I was exiled, remember?"

"I remember," Alyssa answered. She turned back to Nik. "In the end, it is your choice. You must decide what you want to do."

"You won't like it," Caster muttered. Alyssa grinned, as though she agreed, but straightened her face before she spoke.

"The other option is to return with me to the Academy and spend the next few years learning under multiple masters," she said.

"That's the Council's way of saying 'come back to us and all the Masters will tell you how wonderful Kilmor was and that he's now one with the Force'," Caster said. Alyssa laughed.

"Listen to him," she said. "He's a smart man."

((For a little bit... gotta head to school in another couple of hours...))

Alyssa smiled. "Well then I think it's time for me to leave," she said. "I have to work on getting Caster accepted again." She rolled her eyes. "Sith-spawned beaurecratic Council..." she stood and walked away muttering.

"As you see, she agrees with me," Caster said with a smile. "About the Council, I mean. There were only a few Council members I actually was able to get along with. She was one of them."

((School starts on a Wednesday? That seems a little odd to me.....))

"Not necissarily," Caster replied. "I could teach you things now, but the Beaurecratic Council would probably throw a fit..." He sighed. "If only the Original Council had more power..."

"Ah, forgive me," Caster said. "I refer to Kyle, Luke, and Alyssa as the Original Council. Alyssa's Master would be included too, but she prefers to wander the galaxy looking for trouble." He chuckled. "The members of the Original Council picked up on my reference and took to using it as well. Last I checked, the entire Council was calling those three the Original Council, though the four of us are the only ones who call the rest of them the Beaurecratic Council."

((I'm beginning to realize something... the reason this thread kept dying down is because it's so strongly tethered to Welmin's Cantina (the place). It never goes anywhere else... I think it's time to change that...))

"Let's see the reaction of the Jedi when I return," Caster said. He stood. "I am returning to the Jedi Academy. Will you join me?"

((I noticed... but it always got me confused on timing... I had a character in here and the same one in another RP taking place just after that character left, but the character seemed to return here almost immediately... so we're changing it. We're going to the Academy in this very RP thread... EVEN IF IT TAKES ME THE REST OF MY LIFE!!! :p ))

"Do you have a ship?" Caster asked next.

After leaving the Cantina, Caster went to a small apartment building. He entered and kicked down a door. The creature inside screamed at him, but he silenced it with an angry look.

"I'm only here for information," he said. He tossed the creature a small chip. "Fifty credits to replace your door when I'm gone."

"What do you want?" the creature demanded in a raspy voice.

"Kilmor Katarn," Caster said.

"Relative of Kyle Katarn," the creature replied.

"Dead," Caster went on.

"Saber duel," the creature added.

"Who?" Caster asked.

"Sith," the creature answered.

"Who?" Caster repeated.

The creature hesitated. "Darth Tepe."

"Were you there?" Caster wondered.

"I have cameras everywhere, especially in Welmin's place," the creature huffed. "That place seems to be a breeding ground for action and bad business. I keep my eye on it."

"Thank you," Caster said, turning to leave.

"Payment?" the creature inquired. Caster paused.

"Your door," he answered.

"Further payment?" the creature pressed. Caster sighed and tossed another chip.

"Fifty credits," he said. The creature smiled and Caster left the room through the broken doorway.

((Might as well add some excitement :p))

"This is a transmission from Nik Rolas. I wish to report the murder of a Jed--"

The long streaks of stars suddenly shortened into dots again as Nik lurched out of hyperspace. He fell forward from the momentum and slammed his head on the dashboard, dropping the comlink. The connection went dead, and as Nik looked around, he noticed the sudden absence of small lights winking at him from various control panels.

"Uh oh," Nik said.

The radio exploded with static. "Don't attempt to override the system shutdown, Jedi! It is futile. In fact, it would benefit you more if you didn't resist at all when we board you." The transmission ended with a long laugh that eventually dissolved into static.

Without wasting a second, Nik pulled out his lightsaber and activated it. The dark cockpit was suddenly lit dimly by the green blade. Nik then kicked open the door to the cargo hold and stood in a ready stance, facing the exit door at the back of the cramped hold, ready for anything.

He could feel the vibrations of a tractor beam pulling his starfighter towards the enemy ship above him.

Archived