Home

Welmin's Cantina

Carbon_sleeper

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One good old day, Nik Rolas strolled into the Cantina, whistling the Barney theme. "What's cookin'?" he asked the survivor-of-many-weirdo-RP's, Welmin. "I hear you've got some pretty strong stuff on the outside of the cantina. The Imperials have been testing it with periodic airstrikes."

((Let's start the RP :p))

"Even a shot from the Death Star couldn't penetrate," a voice from the corner called. Caitlin Bryce was in her usual spot, but she had several others with her. To her right was her constant companion and former apprentice, Erica West. To her left was Riebe Sothe and Riebe's former apprentice, now Jedi Council member, Alyssa Renolin. On the other side of Erica sat Caster Vol and next to him sat Nom and Tarila Vilnov.

"That's assuming the Imperials are gonna make another Death Star," Nom chuckled.

Alyssa leaned forward. "That's not likely... they're sort of scattered at the moment. I doubt they could even come up with the manpower in one place to do something like that."

"Underestimating them is what got the Old Republic in trouble," Riebe warned.

"I'm not underestimating them," Alyssa objected. "Merely stating how scattered and leaderless they are."

"Hey, Nik!" Caster called. "What's your take on the subject?"

"And a few new people are here," Nom said, clearing his throat. "I am one of them."

A few scattered voices from Caitlin's corner agreed.

"We are too," another voice said, coming into the Cantina from the front entrance. Nadira DelCarr spoke and her companions were Gavin and Briana Starr. Briana looked over to Caitlin's corner.

"Sorry we're late," she said.

"No such thing as late in a place like this," Erica told her. "Come have a seat."

"So, Tepe, what's been happening since we saw you last?" Caitlin wanted to know.

"Hey, you guys still hang out here?" asked a voice with slight amusement in its tone. Strider, Craig, whatever people knew him by, walks in donned in his usual red cloak. "How's it going everyone?" he asked with a grin. "I was in the area, noticed the new outer construction too, thought I'd drop by to see if any of the regulars would still be here and sure enough, here you all are," he said.

"Yeah, we still come here," Caitlin said with a grin. "Though we seem to be in some sort of strange parallel were time makes no difference. I'm just as young as I was when the Trade Federation set up a blockade around Naboo."

"I'm as young as when Caitlin took me as her apprentice," Erica said.

"I'm just as old as ever," Riebe said, amused.

"At this age, I'd still be living at home with my parents," Nadira laughed.

"I wouldn't be an exile of the Jedi at my age," Caster said.

"I think I'd have just joined the Jedi," Alyssa said.

"We're about the ages we'd be known as some of the top assassins for hire," Nom said quietly.

"And I'm not even sure we're supposed to be born," Gavin said, "but we're at the age we were Knighted."

"What is the current time frame anyway?" Caitlin asked. "What are the current events?"

Strider blinked. "I think this planet must've lost loop with the space-time continuum then. Must've been the times this cantina's been blown up..." he mused. "Least, from what I've been up to, the "current events" on my side is that I'm back in the Order and doing missions for them. And yeah, like Riebe, old as ever," he said with a grin.

A man walks in with a blaster rifle slung loosly over his back and a pistol hanging just above his fingertips. He is wearing some flight pants and a shirt that says "Federal Booby Inspecter" in big white letters. The security droids look up at him with trepidation as his combat boots thunk over to the bar. He sits down and pulls out a cigar and lights it. The smoke is sweet as he takes a long drag and blows it out. He leans on the counter slightly turned tward the other people, watching...

"That'd be how you and Riebe and Alyssa know who we are," Briana said thoughtfully.

"It's odd, really," Caitlin said. "I remember many things that at my apparent age, I should not. It's almost as if trapped in these bodies, we have knowledge of all things that have happened to us." She paused for a moment and continued with a strange smile. "I still remember the day my physical life ended."

"I remember wars that I know hadn't taken place before I came here," Alyssa said thoughtfully.

"I remember Nom and me giving up our job as assassins to pursue more legal work," Tarila added. "Yet, my body says I'm seventeen and that didn't happen until a year later."

The unnamed man finally orders a drink. "house special, please" he slaps a credit down on the bar in exchange for the liquid. With a gust of craziness, he knocks his head back and drains the whole cup in one gulp. The liquid burns all teh way down and his eyes start to water. The bartender pushes a glass of water toward him and he drains it just as quickly. People glance up but say nothing, maybe to be kind.

The man finally speaks. "Is anyone up for a game of Sabacc?"

"Not to mention most of us in this corner," Caitlin laughed. "All of us but Nom and Tarila have had Jedi training at some point in our lives."

"Though my first was Sith," Riebe chuckled. "But I've trained a few Jedi in my time as well... most of them here."

Caitlin, Alyssa, Gavin, and Briana raised their hands, indicating that Riebe had taught them.

"And I've taught a couple," Caitlin said. Erica and Nadira raised their hands.

"All in all, that covers all the Jedi in the corner," Tarila said.

"All but me," Caster said with a smile.

"Amusing really," Nom said thoughtfully. "How there are so many Jedi and only one Sith and yet Welmin refuses to let fights happen."

"Both Jedi and Sith have credits," Welmin chuckled. "Both spend them here. A fight would damage business."

"Exactly how many years has it been?" Caitlin asked. "I know I didn't visit Welmins when I was nineteen... so this body of mine is out of place... what's the current year? And a few current events would be nice, just so I know exactly where I'm at in time."

A chorus of agreements came from the corner.

Archived