Home

wip: Gimli

hansmoleman

Ive enjoyed a nice long rest from modeling and now by request have started a model of Gimli from LOTR. You can find pics on my site http://hansmoleman.cjb.net . As youll see its only the begining but I have a feeling things will move fast with this week being winter break and all. Anyway, post you comments here, unfortunately I'll be leaving in like for the weekend in like 30 mins so I wont be able to see what you've posted until monday, but ill look forward to reading any ideas that might have accumulated by that time.

new Gimli shots on my site, you can see I have finished the arms and will probably get somekind of head going this weekend. what do yall think?

on a side note although i was planning to do the skin myself if anyone else wants to give it a try send me an e-mail or something and ill see what i can do for you.

good job on the gimli and legolas models.

if you'd like to join the LOTR TC, we'd be very greatful for your help, considering we only have 1 character modeler, and he really wants some help with the fellowship models. as the only models hes working on right now are the Orcs and Sauron.

heres a link to the LOTR TC homepage Linky

the page hasn't been updated in a while as there have been no major updates other than my weapons, and those you can see on the forums.

and again, good job!

• 1 month later...

i know this project thread is pretty much dead, and the project was too up until about a week ago when i actually realized im still doing this model. if anyone still cares i posted some new pictures on my site. finished the head, unfortunately im using a modified kyle katarn hair style but that will soon change as im adding a helm and probably redoing the hair as well. so check it out and tell me what you think.

edit: almost forgot, i am getting ready to skin this guy, if any expereinced skinners would like to help me with that it would be greatly appreciated.

Looks good on overall apperance. (Gotta love that facial expression.)

The only problem I noticed is the depth of his head being a little large. If I remember Gimli right, it should be about 70/ 80% of it's current width back-to-front.

Other than that, great work.

yeah, im still working on it. today i finished the uvmapping and im weighing it basically as i type. hopefully ill get throw some unskinned screenshots to you all soon but till then help me with this error which occurs then i try to assimilate it:

-------- C:\jk2\GameData\base\models\players\gimli\model.car --------

( Build trigger: "c:\jk2\gamedata\base\models\players\gimli\model.glm" missing )

entering c:\jk2\gamedata\base\models\players\gimli\model.car

(90 degree skewing OFF)

Loading GLA "models/players/_humanoid/_humanoid.gla"...17278 frames

Grabbed 1 files with 17278 frames

Processing 'c:/jk2/gamedata/base/models/players/gimli/root.XSI'

XSI import failed, code = 12 (file 'c:/jk2/gamedata/base/models/players/gimli/ro

ot.XSI')

( Press any Key ... )

ive never had this error before..or maybe i have but dont remember the solution. either way i need someones help for this one.

one last word ill need to start putting together some beta testers for Gimli. just a couple will be needed so they can posts screenshots (so i dont have to) and give me tips.

• 4 months later...

Archived