Home

Hockey

ET Warrior

Ah, so that's why i've had no responses......it's an empty thread! Well this thread's purpose is to talk about all things hockey, favorite teams, players, how your team is doing....etc. etc.

I'm an avalanche fan myself, been on since 95 when they first came to colorado....i actually got to see the opening game which was a blast :D

One of my favorite players is Radim Vrbata, even though he's really young and new i think he has great potential, and being surrounded by greats like Joe Sakic and Peter Forsberg he has some great mentors.

We just beat the San Jose Sharks 6-1 tonight! w00t!!!

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colarado Avalanche have been my team since they started. Patrick Roy was my favorite goalie at the time and I was so happy when he got traded to Colorado. They have my favorite players, logo, and jersey, plus they are a good team.

My second favourite team would have to be the Ottawa Senators because I live in Ottawa. You gotta like your home team. Sens are doing really well this year. Sadly, they always crumble in the playoffs.

Edit: 400th post woot!!:D

avalanche all theway for me. ive been a fan of them since i started playin hockey at the center spot ;) i stopped playin a while ago due a wrist that doesnt want to heal :(

and a player to who i look up to => pavel bure ;)

I really don't follow Professional Hockey as much as I used to, but I root for Philadelphia. I also follow the Blackhawks to some extent, but not as much now that all the players I loved on that team have moved on.

Favorate players: I like the kids for some reason so Simon Gagne is probly my favorate player now. I got a Gagne jersey made up durring his 1st season.

I spend much more time playing it than I ever do watching it :)

Originally posted by Toonces

I really don't follow Professional Hockey as much as I used to, but I root for Philadelphia. I also follow the Blackhawks to some extent, but not as much now that all the players I loved on that team have moved on.

Favorate players: I like the kids for some reason so Simon Gagne is probly my favorate player now. I got a Gagne jersey made up durring his 1st season.

I spend much more time playing it than I ever do watching it :)

Same here.

There is nothing and I mean NOTHING like the feeling of lacing up your skates outside in the cool winter weather and playing pick-up hockey on your hometown rink organizing friendly tournaments.

Ah, the memories....

:)

If only we had an ice rink in my town..:(

i've only played ice hockey 3 or 4 times in my life...but luckily there will be intramural ice hockey or club hockey up at college next year, which makes me happy.

Most of the time my hockey is in-line....which is okay, but after ice-hockey you feel like you're dragging.....

Originally posted by ET Warrior

If only we had an ice rink in my town..:(

i've only played ice hockey 3 or 4 times in my life...but luckily there will be intramural ice hockey or club hockey up at college next year, which makes me happy.

Most of the time my hockey is in-line....which is okay, but after ice-hockey you feel like you're dragging.....

Yea, inline hockey is cool, but it is nothing when compared to ice hockey.:)

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Agreed.

Well the avs are still in 3rd in the northwest, but we are gaining ground on minnesota....just as long as we keep winning...

Yep:)

BTW: Minnesota, man that is a story. They are one hell of an expansion team. I mean at the beginning of the year, would any of you have said Minnesota of all teams would dominate the NHL. I mean when you read off their players they seem like the worst team in the rule. But hockey is a team game and if you watch them play you can see why they are winning.:)

Ottawa Senators (home team). they are doing amazing (i think they're currently in 1st place :D

Unfortunantly they are deep in money problems right now.

Also, the Canadian junoir hockey team lost today. 3 to 2 vs the Russians. The worst game they played so far in the tournament. What pure crap.

Ottawa Senators. All the way. First place in the Eastern division, and tied for first in the entire league.

But yeah, their money problems are exceedingly bad, as in they may not be able to pull out :(

And I just saw that junior loss to the Russians. Damn it, that was harsh. :mad:

Originally posted by Dark Warrior

Yep:)

BTW: Minnesota, man that is a story. They are one hell of an expansion team. I mean at the beginning of the year, would any of you have said Minnesota of all teams would dominate the NHL. I mean when you read off their players they seem like the worst team in the rule. But hockey is a team game and if you watch them play you can see why they are winning.:)

They certainly did start of the season with a bang....now they've kind of leveled off and moved down to 4th in the west, which is still amazing....I am most amazed at the fact that Vancouver is actually currently ahead of the red wings......i mean, i HATE detroit but they're a solid team and they're in 3rd...........boy i love hockey, standings can change so quickly....Avs are in 6th right now but i could see them pulling into 1st in a month if they keep playing like they have been, we're only 8 points out :D

The teams to pity this year are nashville, atlanta, and buffalo. If anyone you know is a fan of one of those teams, give them my condolences ;)

I love hockey. One of my fav sports. I pull for the canes here since I live in Raleigh and watch them all the time. I even work the concessions at some of the games for various fund raising events. I used to pull for the penguins pre-canes day since I really liked the players and they were an awesome team, but now since hockey has moved to the carolinas, I gotta support my home team.

I wish we were playing better right now though. :)

Originally posted by Toonces

I root for Philadelphia

DITTO!

as for fav players? no question ... Donald Brashear. not an overly talented guy, but talk about an enforcer! that man can sure kick some a$$.

which reminds me of a joke ...

i went to a fight, and a hockey game broke out.

(i know, it's lame, but it still makes me laugh).

:D

Originally posted by TheJackal

Ottawa Senators (home team). they are doing amazing (i think they're currently in 1st place :D

Unfortunantly they are deep in money problems right now.

Also, the Canadian junoir hockey team lost today. 3 to 2 vs the Russians. The worst game they played so far in the tournament. What pure crap.

Yes, they are in serious money problems. (They are my home team too.) They didn't even get their paycheck last week. The Sens payroll has gone up but ticket prices have dropped. BAD COMBINATION.

btw: I go to alot of their games, I support them as much as I can. You gotta have hope they will pull it out. It is kinda sad too. The sens have finally become one of the powerhouses of the league and noone comes to see them anymore.:(

Colorado All the way here. I went to their game in St Louis back in Nov (Nov 23rd) and they won 3-1:) That was a great game!!! Too bad my company wanted to leave the game after the Avs scored their 3rd goal.. Wonder why. Could it have been his Blues jersey... Naw... He just wanted to beat traffic ;)

Archived