Home

Hockey

ET Warrior

Your boys lost it tonight too. 3-0 lead and then give up 4 straight goals. Khabi is on my fantasy team so I was really happy when I heard that happen. Joseph was actually REALLY good tonight. It also didn't help that our D were asleep out there tonight and the Red Wings knew it was game time. I can tell you right now if we trade for a goalie we are still going to be in the same problem. Our goalies were not the problem tonight (yes I used goalies). It was the D. 2 of Federov's goals were on breakaways. One of them was a full one and the other one was mostly uncontested. Almost every other single goal besides the one Lindstrom and Federov assisted on was scored because our D cannot clear the net. Our D is the problem not our goalie.

There is one last thing I remembered and that was that most playoff teams like to rest their guys 1 of the last two games so our 100 point game might not be true to word. I remember last year we faced the Wings as the last game and we only had Weight and Mac in if I remember correctly.

I don't want to face the Avs.

BigTeddyPaul

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trick to beating the avs to to just let them have the lead after the first period. EVERY time that happens we come out in the second period flat and back on our heels, and tonight it came back to bite us in the ass......we couldn't recover from it....:(

Tonight was just not our teams' night. I was with my girlfriend up at the US Ice Sports complex where the blues sometimes practice, and there were blues fans there almost in tears after I walked in with them already down 4 nothing and I just watched as withing 15 minutes real-time, 3 more goals were scored. I just looked at my girlfriend and told her that Quennville should just throw in the towel and save something for the next game. I didn't get a chance to hear about the Avs until looking on here and saw ET's remark. Doh. Well, we can see why though. Roy wasn't in goal. Oh well, we'll get them next time and the time after that, and so forth:) But ET, this was only the first time this season where the Avs were up after the first period, and ended up losing. So, we had a bunch of factors working against us. Roy being givne a night off, Adam Foote was out with a pulled hamstring. So, we'll just have to win like, 7-0 next game. that should make up for it;)

If it was any other team I wouldn't mind losing 7-2 as much but those bastards always rub it in our faces and we will always be known as those people who can't beat the Redwings.

The one thing that I hate about hockey is that sometimes I get so into it that if we lose I get depressed for a while. I get pissed off and hate everyone. Tonight was not a good night.

I thought Abeschier (sp) was your goalie of the near future.

BigTeddyPaul

Not for me, I have always been only for Roy. I didn't even like Craig Billington when he played. I just wanted Roy to play every game, even though we know what happens when goalies play every game, right BTP? Goalies tend to get hurt, oh like a certain goalie for the blues not too many years ago.

I believe that aebischer will in time be a really good goalie, but right now he's just not quite there....he plays a lot like Roy, but he's not as good at it. He doesn't handle the puck as well behind the net, and often times when he slides across the goal in the butterfly he ends up way out of position. He's also not quite as quick and able to spot the puck.....He'll be good once Roy's gone and he gets a lot of experience.

The problem last night wasn't aebischer though, Tampa Bay outshot us 35 to 25, and 3 of their 4 goals were because our defense didn't pick up the open guy in the slot and he had an easy shot on goal. Once we got that three goal lead we didn't play as hard, and it came back to haunt us.

Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul

Now you Avs got that Bastard of a D Marchment on your team. I hate that guy. He always tries to injure people. Morris, de Vries, Morris, Blake, Foote, and ? awww who cares. With those 5 you guys are looking pretty good.

BigTeddyPaul

We have TWO morris's on our team? wow.................We must've picked up the second one with Marchment.....;)

Perhaps you meant to put Skoula in that list? Or Smith? I personally hate Skoula, he's playing a LOT better under Granato, but he played SO bad early this year.:mad:

Yes, a nice overtime win tonight to put us only 4 points behind vancouver with one game less played........excellence....

It was a good thing your dude accidently ran into one of the Flyers that was heading back in the zone to get the puck otherwise Foresberg wouldn't have scored (atleast not as easily). I watched that game and it had some good moments. Wanted a little more scoring but oh well.

Morris is so good he counts as two D don't ya know. I will always think Skoula is a center. Don't know why. Any way you put it you improved your D and are just going to be that much harder. Dang you.

I don't wanna play the Avalanche Mommy. Why can't we play the Ducks or someone like that?

BigTeddyPaul

You know, i think the team i want to go against in the playoffs the VERY least is the ducks.....why you might ask? The ducks are not a great team, but they play like ALLSTARS whenever the avs play them. I swear, we can never beat the freaking mighty ducks of anaheim.....stupid ducks

Ducks would suck without Giguere and Karyia. They have gotten a lot better but out of all the playoff teams they are probably the ones I want to face the least except the Oilers only because Salo is not playing well. St. Louis can beat any team if they have an average goalie.

BigTeddyPaul

Do you mean the ducks are the ones you'd like to face the MOST? NExt to the oilers........Well, good news avs fans, Detroit got beat up by the ducks tonight, 4-1....putting us within 2 points of detroit, and only 4 points behind vancouver......it's gonna be close...but if we win tomorrow night and detroit loses it puts us even with detroit and only 2 points behind vancouver.........oh man, i'm so excited for tomorrow!!!!!

My team list is:

#1 Edmonton

#2 Wild

#3 Ducks

#4 No one else in the West top 8. They are all great and could very well be number 1.

The ducks are good because of Giguere. He posted the longest consecutive shutout streak this season at like 3 and 3/4 of a game. He made something like 38 saves tonight. If the Blues beat Giguere the Blues beat the Ducks. It is a little bit different for teams like Chicago. Their goalies are pretty good but they can afford to give up some goals because they have some proven goal scorers (even though that has not been the case as of late).

BigTeddyPaul

Yea, speaking of which, whats up with the Senators and their motion of kicking NHL @$$. I mean, back in the 90's they could barely win 50 games in a 4-season stretch, more less make the playoffs. And now look at them with 94 points as the NHL standing leader. I think the avs need a repeat Cup-winning Playoff run:) And that;s all I gotta say bout that.

Bates Battaglia? Why would you Avs people want him? Osgood better be damn good! Johnson gave up 4 goals on 8 shots today against Vancouver. We limited Vancouver to like 16 shots. GOD JOHNSON soooo sucks right now. Johnson is the Blues goalie. Tkachuk also got hurt and I hope he isn't gone too long.

BigTeddyPaul

You know the worst thing about this trade? I own a Radim Vrbata Jersey. :( But really, we got Battaglia to give us a power forward on the sakic line, someone who will take the punishment in front of the net and open up opportunities for sakic......and sakic got a hat trick last night so maybe it worked :D

Seriously though, why the heck did the blues have to tie the canucks? I would have LOVED for them to beat vancouver, but noooo. ;)

Don't you hate that when they trade a player and you have his jersey? I will be getting a MacInnis one here soon and since St. Louis will keep him until he retires it is a sure thing. I would hate to have owned like a Nolan jersey or something. I probably would still wear it because I like Nolan.

No one is disputing Sakic's abilities Andy. His 3 goals yesterday against Denis proved that for like his 12 or 14th hat trick.

I pray Tkachuk isn't hurt too badly. That would soooo screw us over.

BigTeddyPaul

Archived