Home

Hockey

ET Warrior

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know about the rest of you but I slept three hours last night. I could not sleep for the life of me and now I am paying for it. I am off to take a two hour nap and then watch the Wild win 4-3. Hehehe.

I will make God and you Avs fans a deal. If the Avs win the Blues have to win. Only way I accept a Wild loss.

Three game sevens and like 7 OT games! What a great playoff year. Ohh and the Wings lost in 4. Hahahahah!

EDIT: Life as a Blues fan:

The Blues lost 447 man games to injury in the regular season, second only to Los Angeles, and still ran off 99 points.

Job, the Biblical victim, has nothing on Joel Quenneville. The Blues coach has weathered every affliction but a plague of locusts.

This season, due to injuries and ineffectiveness, the Blues tied an NHL record by using seven goalies. A week before camp, starting goalie Brent Johnson went down with a high ankle strain suffered during a shinny session. He missed the first 27 games, plus another five later with a groin strain, and was mostly ineffective when healthy.

With Johnson out early, the Blues won four straight games with an NHL-record four different goalies -- three of them rookies. One of them was Reinhard Divis, the best goalie in all of Austria. He promptly pulled a muscle, missed half the season and was about to be recalled from the minors when he was shelved again ... by a spider bite.

Scoring leader Pavol Demitra missed four games with the chicken pox.

Center Doug Weight, who missed two games after taking a shot off an ankle at the All-Star Game, missed 10 games after a rival goalie cleared the puck off his face near the net.

A bout of food poisoning sidelined five players, weakened up to 10 others and left only 18 players on skates for a December loss in New Jersey.

Power forward Keith Tkachuk missed 26 games from injury and suspension, and still scored 31 goals. If he played 82 games he would be projected to have 48 goals!!!

Defenseman Jeff Finley was suspended four games for reaching out of the penalty box to stop Derian Hatcher from pounding Demitra, a pacifist, during a melee with Dallas.

All-Star defenseman Chris Pronger, the incumbent captain, missed the first 77 games after radical knee and wrist surgeries.

Bruising winger Jamal Mayers has been out since November after knee surgery.

Winger Martin Rucinsky missed a dozen games with a bum shoulder.

Rookie center Petr Cajanek missed two dozen games with a broken leg, got back in gear, missed three weeks with a head injury and just returned during Game 6.

Center Steve Dubinsky, who was emerging as the team's best faceoff man, has been out for three months with a concussion. Coincidentally or not, the Canucks are beating the Blues to the draw, 58 percent to 42 percent, the best and worst faceoff rankings in the first round.

Decently good article.

jackman_bertuzzi.gif Lets Go Blues!

BigTeddyPaul

Originally posted by .:CoupeS:.

the canucks are gonna win it!!! it's already 3-1 :D

I also get the feeling the Wild are gonna eliminate the avs... bye bye Roy (sorry i hate the guy) !

well, 3 7th games tonight, 3 loosers, but ,illions of happy hockey fans.

What the heck in god name are you talking about? Roy is the best goalie ever!:D Well there is one other that is better but i forget who he is lol well I hope avs win it!.:D

Not necessarily the Canucks to blow it in the third as opposed to the Blues coming alive in the 3rd. If you look at their record most of the goals are in the 3rd. We wake up as the game goes along but this game is making me depressed right now.

A whole season based on one game which turned into three.

BigTeddyPaul

Karry Frasier is the one killing the Avalanche in the game... 2 of the 3 Power Plays since the 2nd period have led to Wild goals... But I still have faith that an Avalanche will get the game-winner to pit the Avalanche against the Canucks, unless the Blues get their act together.

I still want to argue the Wild goal back in the 2nd period.. the Wild offense guy had a skate in the crease before the puck entered the crease, and I believe Tony Granto should have argued the call, in which case the Avs would have won, but like I said, KARRY *%*%#( Frasier killed the Avs. (pulls out shotgun, races to Denver colorado and pops Frasier in the heart for killing the avs race for the cup.

WILD WINS 3-2!

andrew brunette scored in OT and the Wild win the series 4-3.

omg! did you see that goal! the colorado defence was weak on that play... too bad for them.

yay for the underdogs.

the canucks win it also! this is a great day for me in hockey, all my predictions were correct today.

Sorry Andy, ET and BigTeddyPaul, but it feels good after my team lost in 4..:D

btw:don't take anything personally

YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA CANUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg... they did it! after being down 3 games - 1!!!! YEAAAAA!!!

man i would give ANYTHING TO BE BACK IN VANCOUVER RITE NOW! damn the place must be crazy... i'd just like to see the streets and the partying!

omg and minnesota won too... OMG! wow what a day. THAT was a serious upset! :p

ok, sorry... must calm down - i'm just on cloud nine rite now... i didn't want to get my hopes up in case of disappointment... but nevermind that!!!!! :D:D

YEAAAAA!!! go canucks! knew you could do it!

*ahem*

EDIT: talked to a friend in vancouver and she said the place has gone pretty wild... damn wish i was there!!!!!

I already called the National Referee's Association and filed a formal complain that Karry Frasier made terrible calls, and didn't call the in the crease, which the representative said that they already heard about which means other Avs fans have called in, and that Karry's actions are being under review due to the high volume of complaints, so. Hopefully the a$%*hole won't be back next year to kill the avs again.. Maybe he will get in a car accident(what's the number for that Voodoo caster person in Tijuana?)

Originally posted by Andy867

I already called the National Referee's Association and filed a formal complain that Karry Frasier made terrible calls, and didn't call the in the crease, which the representative said that they already heard about which means other Avs fans have called in, and that Karry's actions are being under review due to the high volume of complaints, so. Hopefully the a$%*hole won't be back next year to kill the avs again.. Maybe he will get in a car accident(what's the number for that Voodoo caster person in Tijuana?)

whoa - those are some serious steps being taken there! :p though i understand... it's gotta suck.

as for the skate in the crease thing - didn't they totally scrap that rule a couple years back? the one where if you have a skate in the crease the goal is disallowed? or am i thinking of something else?

I piss on the Canucks! They go down in 6. Goalies rule!

We FINNALLY GET HEALTHY AND WE GET THE FLU!!! We dominated all of 5 minutes yesterday and then nothing. Another year down the crapper.

I am actually rooting for an eastern team. I have always liked the TB Lightning. Probably won't win but either them or Philley. I love an American who wins. Go Roenick.

I am still wallowig (sp?) in self-hatred/everytihng else that is bad and might not be in a good mood for a few weeks so I spologize for everything in advance.

BigTeddyPaul

Archived