Home

Hockey

ET Warrior

it was a nice move going in, but 99% of the time, the puck hits a groove in the ice since the skates dig a lot near the crease, and will bounce off the stick, causing the player to lose control, therefore, be unable to score the goal. not to worry, I played the Avs in my NHL 2003, and won the series in a sweep.. 4-2, 5-1, 6-2, 11-0... :) and then I beat Vancouver 9-4 so far.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL

how is NHL 2003? any good?

hehe i remember getting NHL 98 and how i was so excited at that time... lol

then again... human players are ALWAYS better than AI... I remember playing vancouver and beating teams 8-0 with 50 shots on goal with the skill level set on All-Star...

then again that was NHL 98. :p

they DONT have a SHOOTOUT MODE??????

omg how could they DO that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I've heard a lot of people say they preferred NHL 2002 tho in everything from gameplay to AI to graphics...

maybe i'll go scrounge it from somewhere. god knows i could use a good game rite now especially considering i can't play jk2 :rolleyes:

NHL games suck. They all do. I do not care what settings are on them they bite the big one. For my 1998 N64 one if you do a slap shot near the red line while moving you have like an 80% to score. In NHL 2003 on XBox all you had to do was go from the left of the goalie to his right in a few seconds and shoot at the net. In NHL 2002 on PS all you had to do was hold deke right before and you scored most of the time.

I haven't played since I scored over 90 in a 60 minute game. Just not realistic. AND the worst is when you go to fight if you do nothing or don't do any haymakers you only get a 2 minute roughing while the opposing team gets a 5 minute major leaving you with a 3 minute PP. Just too many bad things about hockey which makes me mad. They finally made drafting but only like 2 rounds. There is no farm team to help development. If you spend enough time you can work around the trading block (Modano for Domi). All you have to do is trade a 56 for a 58 and then a 58 to a 60 and a 60 to a 63 Etc Etc Etc. I have been able to get EVERYONE except Rob Blake. For some reason D men are unattainable. Him and Pronger but since I was the Blues I didn't need to get Pronger. I offered Sakic and Lemieux for Blake and still nothing. Stopid computer.

BigTeddyPaul

Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul

NHL games suck. They all do. I do not care what settings are on them they bite the big one. For my 1998 N64 one if you do a slap shot near the red line while moving you have like an 80% to score. In NHL 2003 on XBox all you had to do was go from the left of the goalie to his right in a few seconds and shoot at the net. In NHL 2002 on PS all you had to do was hold deke right before and you scored most of the time.

OMG i SO know what you mean about the 98 one! I would just skate up the right wing and take a slapshot and the goalie would just collapse. It was SERIOUSLY sad.

I think there was one game I played where I had like 70 shots or something... that was interesting. I'd just ram into players and they'd cough up the puck like anything. pathetique! :p

seriously though with the level and quality of programming/AI these days like we see in JO or upcoming in KOTOR and JA... the depth and development of the character and responses based on development and choices you take... it surprises me that it's so hard to program a good sports game... am i missing something?

Mighty Ducks 4, Stars 3, 5OT

Now that's what you call one LONG game. 4th Longest in NHL History. the game went like an extra 80 minutes and so many seconds. In real-time, it lasted 5 hours, 52 minutes long.. 6:40PM on Thursday the 24th of April to 12:32AM CST onn Friday, the 25th of April, 2003. Geez. 8 periods of hockey. Now thats what you call talent, but it must have been a bummer for Steve Thomas, who had a goal disallowed because the goal net was dislodged from its morrings. And Also for the Dallas player who scored, only to have it disallowed because a Dallas player was offsides. only 6 penalties were called the entire game. Good thing the players were well rested. 8 days for Anaheim, 4 for Dallas.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG hahahaha! You Americans suck! How could you lose to Denmark!? You're, like...in the same league with Japan and Botswana! Hahahaha! :D :D

Ok.

Now I know some of you might have heard this silly rumour about Finland losing to their arch-enemy Sweden after being up 5 to 1. That's just pure bs. Never happened.

*nervous laughter*

It's not true. It's not true. It's nothing but lies, evil propaganda. We won. We.... it didn't happen...it couldn't have happened...*sob* no-one loses a game at that level after being up 5 to 1.

Ridiculous lies, I tell you.. Finland was NOT utterly humiliated. Our spirit was NOT crushed. These falsehoods do NOT make us lose our will to live.

The Truth

lol @ solar :p:D

i tell ya, never mess with sweden or they mess with you :p

btw, how is the avalanche doin?

and about those nhl games, i playe dem all with my friend starting from 96-97 till 2002 and the one that we tought was the best was 99 (same for fifa).

Since I have voted against the Ducks every single time I will not change now because I am stubborn. Wild Rule all! Boring 1st period and it just got better after that. I even watched the 3rd period again at 3 AM just so I can watch the disappointment in all teh Canuck fans. MWahahahaha. I love other teams pain.

Just goes to show you how good the west is. #6 and #7 in the West while #1 and #2 in the East. East are pansies except for about 4 teams. West dominates all.

I am glad someone else went fishing for this thread. I was going to but you saved me the time.

BigTeddyPaul

• 3 weeks later...

Holy !@#$ Holy !@#$ Holy !@#$ Holy !@#$ Holy !@#$ Holy !@#$

Roy to retire! That is right boys and girls he will officially announce tomorrow that he is gone. Good for us Blues fans but bad for hockey in general. Who thinks Abeschier (guess I need to learn how to spell that) will get the starting position?

Lets see how many people will remain Avs fans now. Stupid bandwagon people.

BigTeddyPaul

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I love Roy too much for him to leave! We want one more year, JUST ONE MORE YEAR ROY!!!!

I was an Avs fan before Roy was even given a contract since Sakic and Forsberg were with the team. Also, there's still Abeischer.. Sure it won't be the same, but just because a living legend retires, doesn't mean I am going to give up my loyalty.

Originally posted by Andy867

I was an Avs fan before Roy was even given a contract since Sakic and Forsberg were with the team. Also, there's still Abeischer.. Sure it won't be the same, but just because a living legend retires, doesn't mean I am going to give up my loyalty.

What he said, I've been a fan since our goalie was Stefan Fiset, a goalie change will not change my loyalties even the tiniest amount. I think Abeischer has potential to be good, he needs more experience........whiche he will get if he starts next year.

When Abeischer did get to play, he definitely had his moments that proved that he belonged here, and was able to play with the Pros, and with Patrick Roy helping his son Jonathan with his goaltending in a minor league in Quebec, Abeischer will have much more playing time, and will definitely get the experience to shine with the rest of the Avs as the Elite of the NHL.

Archived