Home

Hockey

ET Warrior

Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul

Hmmmmm Keep Osgood and his full contract or trade him since we are going to lose him and have less than a 1% chance of winning the cup if we do keep him?

I don't really get that... did you mean we had no chance of keeping him? He was a restricted free agent. He wasn't going anywhere without getting a high pick in return.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I beg your forgiveness. I would have bet Z's life that he was a UFA. Never mind. I hate this time period. No hockey, football, or basketball.

BigTeddyPaul

I hate the time period between the end of hockey season until the beginning of hockey season. It's really the only professional sport I watch regularly and enjoy.

I beg your forgiveness. I would have bet Z's life that he was a UFA. Never mind. I hate this time period. No hockey, football, or basketball.

Ahem... from TSN.ca

"Osgood earned $4 million US last season and was a restricted free agent until signing with the Blues ``at a substantial cut'' in salary, given his stated desire to remain with St. Louis, Pleau said."

Read the entire article here.

Can I kill Z now? ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Bah. I said I was sorry and you were right. Still pap should be good.

Now the sad reason I brought this thread back up is the fact that Herb Brooks died. For those who don't know he should probably known as the greatest American Coach of all time and especially for his sport. He led a group of college kids to the gold in 1980 against odds that none of us can even comprehend. He also won a silver this past year for our boys. He died in a car accident and it was a sad day for hockey.

BigTeddyPaul

Archived