Home

Hockey

ET Warrior

Never leave the game before it is over. This past week in football proved just that. Plus I remember a certain Blues game about 2 years ago against the Maple Leafs where they won 6-5 in overtime after being down 5-0 in the 3rd. NOW THAT WAS A GAME. The Blues beat the Avalanche last time they played too (I will not mention though that Forseverg or Sakic were not in the lineup however so this proves nothing).

BigTeddyPaul

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul

Never leave the game before it is over. This past week in football proved just that.

BigTeddyPaul

Go Bucks!

The Latest Bluejacket game I went to was crappy. It was the one against Detroit not too long ago. It was horrible.

Wtf no Toronto Maple leafs fans here?? Man the Leafs are GODS team in the National Hockey League, sure he hasn't given us a Stanley cup in 34 years (correct me if i'm wrong) but it's coming I can feel it.

We are doing all right but got lots of injurys right now (just like the sad ass Toronto Raptors i'm a fan of them too), Eddie Belfour saved that game vs the Devils the other day 51 SAVES WOOT!! Screw Cujo the Eagle is the MAN!!

I just can't wait till we get Brad Boyes and Carlo Colaiacavo (sp?), up on the big team for good then we'll have a semi good defense lol...

Oh and whoever said Brashear is the best fighter you don't know crap about hockey. He deserved that stick over da head by Mcsorley he's a big ass whiner and loser, and Tie Domi kicks his ass every time they go at it...

GO LEAFS GO!!

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Ed Belfour has the WORST glove of any goalie in the entire national hockey league....I swear he can't catch a puck to save his life........of course i'm biased, he makes saves that are above his skill level whenever he plays the avalanche :p

lol I agree.

I live in Ottawa, Ontario and basically you either like the Leafs or you hate em and well, I hate em. I'm a avs fan here, but I like Ottawa more then Toronto. I despise Belfour, (Cujo was ok), there team isn't doing well this year yet their fans still say the sens suck which is funny if you compare their statistics.

This post is my opinion, so Leaf fans, don't go hating on me:p

Originally posted by Hyperglide

Eddie Belfour saved that game vs the Devils the other day 51 SAVES WOOT!! Screw Cujo the Eagle is the MAN!!

Oh and whoever said Brashear is the best fighter you don't know crap about hockey. He deserved that stick over da head by Mcsorley he's a big ass whiner and loser, and Tie Domi kicks his ass every time they go at it...

I thought it was 50 saves? And speaking as a Blues fan who gave CuJo his starting job I would rather have him than Eagle.

Barret Jackman is a beast when it comes to fighting. If you don't know him he was the 17th overall pick in the 99 draft by the Blues. Big Strong White D who has had a nice rookie year next to MacInnis.

BigTeddyPaul

Wow.....i was at last nights avs game against the flames. :(

That was so depressing.....altough i'm going to blame our loss on Martin Skoula.....i really dont like that guy and i hope we trade him soon.

It was neat that Detroit lost to the lightning.....heh heh heh....stupid redwings....

And i personally think that Scott Parker is one of the best fighters in the league. I saw him actually split a guys face open after a couple solid punches......he was bleeding all over the ice. He is a tough dude.

I thought it was 50 saves? And speaking as a Blues fan who gave CuJo his starting job I would rather have him than Eagle.

Barret Jackman is a beast when it comes to fighting. If you don't know him he was the 17th overall pick in the 99 draft by the Blues. Big Strong White D who has had a nice rookie year next to MacInnis.

BigTeddyPaul

No it was 51 but thats beside my point. My point is that I was a huge "Cujo" fan as well as the majority of the Leafs fans, and when he "betrayed us," by signing with the "Dead thangs," we all felt dejected as Leaf fans (as i'm sure diehard Dallas Stars fans felt when then lost "The Eagle," or any team loses a marquis player). But what made me say that comment was the fact that us Leaf fans, like other fans around the NHL knew of Belfours immense baggage he brought with him, plus he had a terrible season last year, so we knocked him based on his bad reputation. But hell he's been doin' GREAT, early on it looked downhill but he's been our MVP the past 2 months so even though i'm still a huge "CUJO" fan, I gotta give the props to "the Eagle."

lol I agree.

I live in Ottawa, Ontario and basically you either like the Leafs or you hate em and well, I hate em. I'm a avs fan here, but I like Ottawa more then Toronto. I despise Belfour, (Cujo was ok), there team isn't doing well this year yet their fans still say the sens suck which is funny if you compare their statistics.

This post is my opinion, so Leaf fans, don't go hating on me

Nah I don't hate you, I despise you, condemn you, and are utterly revolted by you lol... Seriously I love the big rivalry we got going here it's great. Still even though Ottawa is the best team in the NHL right now (dunno how they are playing for charity lmao), they will choke like they always do in the playoffs vs the Leafs (that's if they play 'em boy I hope they do). It just sucks that another Canadian team besides the Leafs, are doing consistently (Canucks and Oilers aren't bad but c'mon lol) well but are 160 million dollars in debt.

And whats with all the Ed Belfour bashing? I mean I know he's an idiot for the most part, but judge him by what he does on the ice, not off of it.

One last thing great game vs the Bruins. 3 goals in like 2:30 WOOT!! Gotta love Alex Mogilny...

I'm AM bashing his on-ice performance........pay attention to the next game he plays in and see just how often he catches the puck in his glove.....chances are you'll be able to keep track on the fingers of one hand. Even when the puck hits his glove it bounces right out because he doesn't know how to close it, and because of that he gives up rebounds like nobody's business.

Now maybe THIS year he learned how to do it, i dont know i haven't watched the leafs. But on dallas he practically gave up as many rebounds as the other team had shots on goal.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Now maybe THIS year he learned how to do it, i dont know i haven't watched the leafs. But on dallas he practically gave up as many rebounds as the other team had shots on goal.

Well i've watched a lot more Leafs games this year then you have, and I have to say he's quite good with the glove (I haven't seen him bobble any pucks). I think your quick conclusions are ill concieved. Maybe you've only watched liked several Stars games, and in them he was having a bad game it happens it's coincidence. But you don't win 3 Vezinas, a Stanley Cup, and the Calder by going your whole career with the "worst glove in the NHL."

Well, i watch a LOT of hockey...especially Western Conference hockey, and i guarantee that in years past Ed Belfour could not catch a flying puck to save his life. He covered the lower half of the goal like a machine, and his team was good enough to prevent other teams from taking good shots. Nearly every goal scored on Belfour was scored top shelf glove side, because his glove was crappy.

(i'll bet it still is, you just dont notice)

Has anyone else been fed up with the officiating. In the beginning of the season like all seasons they called all the penalties. Now they are getting more laxed in the calls. The thing that peeves me the most is when they no call a penalty and then the other team does an infraction and they do not call that one to balance out teh first no call. (Did that make sense?) The worst part is that then everyone gets heated thinking they can get away with murder and withing 10 seconds there are about 5 infractions happening and there each team is given a misconduct or only one.

Anyone?

GO BLUES! Beat them bastard Sharks.

BigTeddyPaul

I agree, the officiating in general has begun to lack or become to relaxed. I mean look at the Avs/Blues games in November alone. where there were obvious fights and infractions, they called it roughing and gave them only 2 minutes for ROUGHING. ROUGHING?! The guy pelted the other for a good 10-15 seconds! And you call that roughing? Anyways, the refs need to open their eyes in time for the playoffs, or there will be bloodshed in the playoffs.

GO AVS!

Yeah.....officiating will probably always be like that.....they start off with strict enforcement but they loosen up halfway through.

I HATE THE MIGHTY DUCKS!!! Stupid gigeur and his amzing best game of his career almost.....:( Unbelievable...all the bad bounces go our way...like the second duck goal bouncing in off Blake...:mad:

Sweet Leafs win yet again, this is great. I'm glad Lemieux was out this one, course we were without Sundin, Renberg, Corson, and other's as well but it was a great game. Considering Pittsburgh had like frickin' 9 pp's and Toronto only had like 1-2 pp's (don't remember the exact figure but it was lopsided). So I agree with what you guys said earlier about the penalization skills of the current ref's. The reason the penaltys were obsurd early in the season was to try and crack down heavily on obstruction. But now the NHL ref's are getting NBA ref ideas where if they make one bad call they make up for it by omitting another one that could've been considered legit by most (bigteddypaul brought this up), and this doe's happen a lot in the NBA, the "make up" (non)foul/(non)penalty.

I guess you didn't see any one of his THREE consecutive shut outs this year. I watched one and a half of them and they were pretty good.

Also, having Blake take a penalty in the winding minutes didn't help since the Ducks got a PP and had their best D off the ice the enitre time.

Trivia: Who stopped Giguere's longest shutout streak?

Why the Blues of course off a goal by Al MacInnis.

BigTeddyPaul

I guess you didn't see any one of his THREE consecutive shut outs this year. I watched one and a half of them and they were pretty good.

Also, having Blake take a penalty in the winding minutes didn't help since the Ducks got a PP and had their best D off the ice the enitre time.

Trivia: Who stopped Giguere's longest shutout streak?

Why the Blues of course off a goal by Al MacInnis.

BigTeddyPaul

Whose 3 consectutive shut outs?

Originally posted by Hyperglide

Eddie Belfour saved that game vs the Devils the other day 51 SAVES WOOT

HAHAHA! I was right. Look at the link and recognize: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=230104021

He had 51 SA but 50 saves. I thought I was right.

I was talking about Giguere. Look at the links. His 3 straight shutouts were from December 8th to December 15th. His opponents were the Predators (3-0), Washington (3-0), and the Penguins (5-0). The Blues ended the consecutive shutout but lost behind 2 MacInnis goals 5-2.

Started: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/scoreboard?date=20021208

Ended: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=221218025

Have fun all and LONG LIVE HOCKEY!

BigTeddyPaul

Archived