Home

Hockey

ET Warrior

Originally posted by Andy867

WEll, looks like the Blues are playing the Canucks in the first round, and NOT the Avalanche, so BTP got a break for his Blues. But playing against a team that has a better record than the Avs.. Is that necessarily a good thing?

Not really a better record.....more wins, yes.....but not as many points as the avalanche!!! :D:D:D

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by a soon to be updated Yahoo! Sports NHL Standings Page

Vancouver:

GP 82

W 45

L 23

T 13

OTL 1

Colorado:

GP 82

W 42

L 19

T 13

OTL 8

[/Quote]

they have 3 more wins than the Avs, and the Wins in the end get you the Cup, not points from Regular season. :D (but we all know that, just make a valid point/opinion)

If Colorado had won those 8 OTL, then maybe I'd consider any team in trouble, even though any team that does play Colorado is in trouble.. But I am also a statistical guy, and 90 Win points beats 84.. but if it were 90 win points against 100 win points (from the 8 OTL, then that would be another story. ) Speaking of which, if they are going to give someone a point for an OT loss, then why not bump wins to 3 points, ties to 2 points, and keep OTL at one point... Cuz saying that an OTL is the same as a tie in the statistics book just doesn't seem right.

Red Wings was my favorite team in hockey. But since a lot of my relatives live in Colorado, i decided to change teams. I like a lot of the team members on the team like roy <---- don't know if i spelled it right. hes the goalie, and yes it does suck that forsberg got injured. but there are still other good hockey players on the team. heheh too bad im not good at remembering names.

Woah, redwings fan to an avs fan!!!! HE'S SEEN THE LIGHT!!!! HE HAS BEEN SAVED!!!! Congratulations on your switch Cybernetix. Roy is in fact the way it's spelled.....and i'm not sure why you think Forsberg is hurt........because he's not. We are currently not suffering from any injuries.....luckily..

And BigTeddyPaul is Hiding from me I think..he's embarrased that his Blues got beat ;):D

Well, he should be glad though that the Avs won and that the Blues Lost and that Vancouver lost... Even the guy here at one of the news stations is glad that the blues lost, because he said in an odd turn of events to happen, it would allow St Louis not to face the Avs.

Welcome aboard Cybernetix.. Glad you saw the light and you made the right decision...

I NEVER HIDE! I am a Blues fan. Being one and proclaiming to the world that fact is proof enough of my devotion (36 year losers). I just haven't been on in a few days. Sheesh! Can't a guy take a break once in a while.

I was actually happy for the loss. We now face Vancouver who we are still POed about by that injury to Tkachuk from May. The last time we played them it was the best game I have watched in years since playoff hockey to be exact. If we can stop Bertuzzi and Naslund we can handle the twins and the occassional other peon goals.

It is nice to know it takes a full roster to beat a depleted Blues team. I wish only Hejduk got the 50 and not Forseberg with teh scoring title. I am happy for him and all but I wish Nasland could have kept one of them. He deserved it with his overall points (like 48 goals and 55 assits or something compared to Peter's 28 goals and 77 assists). <---- Those stats are not confirmed just a rough estimate.

I still don't know how a guy who has the Rockey Richard Trophey for first to fifty goals does not make the playoffs. Screw the fact that they had Blake, Sakic, Forsberg, and Roy going. If Tkachuk, Demitra, Weight, Pronger, and MacInnis were all going and someone like Stillman was having a stellar season already I wouldn't care. The all-star game is to see the best!

Forsberg was hurt last year and in my opinion was a good thing. He was a monster in the playoffs. Peter the Spleenless.

You will get your credits soon although I still don't think it is entirely fair. If you sat Sakic and Blake or someone else I would think it was more fair but a bet is a bet.

BigTeddyPaul

I think Forsberg deserved points wins, simply because he makes goals happen. Those 77 or so assists are because he's approximately the greatest hockey player in the NHL. The assist for Hejduk's 50th goal was just plain great. He was getting knocked over and managed to kick the puck RIGHT to Hejduk just as he was getting smashed by two guys!!! YEAH-HA!!!

We would have sat some people if that game hadn't meant so much to us.........

Doesn't look like the avs will face the blues unless it's in the western conference finals

Bring it on BABY! That 50th by Hejduk was rather sweet AND if I had to choose one person to be on my professional hockey team I would choose Peter first.

I don't know why you want to be an Avs fan now when Roy might only have one more year left if you are luke-warm about them already.

BigTeddyPaul

17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. Ohhh I can't wait. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. Ohhh I can't wait. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. Ohhh I can't wait. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. Ohhh I can't wait. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. 17 hours and 11 minutes left. Ohhh I can't wait.

17 hours and 10 minutes left. 17 hours and 10 minutes left. Ohh I can't wait. 17 hours and 10 minutes left. 17 hours and 10 minutes left. Ohh I can't wait. 17 hours and 10 minutes left. 17 hours and 10 minutes left. Ohh I can't wait. 17 hours and 10 minutes left. 17 hours and 10 minutes left. Ohh I can't wait. 17 hours and 10 minutes left. 17 hours and 10 minutes left. Ohh I can't wait.

I am not excited am I? Luckily I can pick to watch any game I want so who should I watch:

N.Y. Islanders at Ottawa

Boston at New Jersey

Toronto at Philadelphia

All those start at 4 for me. I am thinking Toronto and NJ but I really want to see Samsonov play. I love that guy.

BigTeddyPaul

wow, all the number 1 seeds lost their first game......that's CRAZY.......and that's why I love the playoffs!! You never know what's going to happen!!

(and not to nitpick, but I'm pretty sure our bet on that last game of the season was 100 points BTP....i only got 50;))

Be glad that you didn't face my Blues. A very bold 6-0 win over the Canucks. Hopefully it isn't a one hit wonder. If you guys lose to the Wild I will laugh so hard.

I ALSO HATE THIS! I don't care whos team the want to win but when the Avs fans started leaving when the score was 4-1 with 4 minutes left I got pissed. They must think it is impossible for the Avs to score 3 in 4 minutes. I hate those so called fans.

Good:

Blues won 6-0 over Vancouver

Ducks won 2-1 over Wings in TRIPLE OVERTIME

Avs lost 4-2 by the Wild.

Dallas lost 2-1 to Edmonton

Isles won 3-0 over Ottawa

Bad:

Lightning lost 3-0 to Washington

Boston lost 2-1 to the Devils

Too close to be either:

Toronto won 4-3 over the Flyers

BigTeddyPaul

Wow, the avs outshot the friggin Wild almost 2-1 the ENTIRE game. After the first period shots were like 17-4. But then, as usual, Colorado is the worst second period team EVER, and the Wild capitalized on that.

I was glad that the blues beat the canucks, and that dalls and detroit lost. but MAN I wish that the freeking avalnche could have pulled that one off.

(I also hate those fans that leave that early. I won't leave a game early unless we're down by like, 20 goals)

This was some funny stuff. I found this off the ESPN boards by BLOODWINGZ the one Red Wings fan I actually respect.

wirq13.jpegSpokesman for the Detroit Red Wings

He used to work for Saddam, but now he's all ours!

His first Official Press Release:

"I NOW INFORM YOU THAT YOU ARE TOO FAR FROM REALITY."

You think Wings are losing? You are hilarious!

They are in our trap, now, the infidel Ducklings. They will roast on spits, in Hockeytown Hell.

Don't believe anything you've heard, from liars like the satanic fool Melrose, or that sissy Maclean! We will chase the rascals back to Detroit, and then back to Anaheim, and finally we will trap them in Detroit, and kill them without mercy. Slaughter them like the barnyard animals they are, for our Sunday dinners.

We're now trying to exhaust them, until our leadership decides the time and method to clean our territory of their desecration. That time is coming soon, very soon. We are surrounding them and pounding them. The whole trend has changed and we are going to finalize this very soon. We're giving them a real lesson, in every game. Heavy doesn't accurately describe the level of casualties we have inflicted.

Do not believe this lie, you see on your televisions, your state-run ESPN, which is a tool of the Disney Empire! We are winning, and winning big. Brett Hull has not even been used yet. Sergei Fedorov is relaxing in the wings, heheh, no joke intended. How will the Ducks handle them, when we finally unleash their awesome power? They cannot. No one can.

We will push those crooks, those mercenaries back into the smoggy swamp of California, where the women are all superficially pretty, and thin. They can chase those women around then, all summer, and golf with them, while the Red Wings are drinking fine Scotch whiskies from the Stanley Cup.

When we were making the laws of hockey, when we were writing the history and the legends of hockey, the grandfathers of Babcock and little Kariya, and that stumpy little Steve guy, were scratching around in caves. We invented the game. These mercenaries have no right to our property.

These Detroit fighters are slapping those Disney gangsters on the face, and then when they flee, they will kick their backsides. Four times in a row, and it will be easy. No contest.

Come and see me next week, at my pool in suburbs of Detroit. I will be the one laughing, with a meaty blonde woman rubbing my tan and happy shoulders. The Disney tools will be crying, in their golf carts, perfecting their short games. You will see.

BigTeddyPaul

GO SENATORS!!!

Mondays game was nerve recking though. HOLY S**T what was up whith the reffing? Think some bribage is going on.

The Devils are doing amazing, boston could be out 4-0. Or are they already and I'm just not up to date?

Detroit is loosing? realy? hmmm, that surprises me.

I hope toronto looses. And I hope vancouver beats the blues.

I wouldn't mind the oilers beating dallas, but I think dallas will probably still win despite edmonton's lead.

And the sens RULE!

I think this year is our year finaly. Can't wait for tonights game, Ilanders are going down baby!

Sorry to disappoint you mandalorian, but I dont really see any way for the East to compete with the West.......the west is just better. And the senators are struggling against islanders right now............i personally think it'll be either the Devils or the Caps in the finals for the East......

But the Avalanche will win the cup no matter what happens. ;)

I hope that the blues win their series against Vancouver and the avs get to play them next round........:)

And yes. Detroit is down 0-3 in their series with the ducks. They're basically done for.

Archived