Home

Poll: Where was my suggestion as an option???

Katarn07

I had suggested adding new enemies (workers, AT-STs, Weequays, Rodians, etc) in a 4th difficulty mode. I voted for "Maybe, but not too many" just because of this 4th mode. I think that would be the best solution, instead of making health a lot lower.

Know how hard it'd be to even beat later level with 50 health as your max and no shields??? That's I remember someone saying would probably happen.

Consider this please, and post your thoughts.

If you want my opinion, the game will be difficult in Hard as it is. I don't know about you guys, but I can't hit anything in JO :p I think a possible solution could be that when you finish Hard mode, that you get a special bonus mode (which is what you speak of) for those who need an extra hard challenge. I don't know how you would implement this feature though, or if it is even possible. Imagine bossks and kell dragons and DTP2's in JO's engine... *shudders*

There is a problem with the fourth difficulty: it´s not a real difficulty level. This means it´s like 3+x.

You can´t add more enemies in the fourth level. It just has this lower health/shield thing (and I´m most certain - correct me if I´m wrong - it doesn´t enhance enemy AI )

As I said before we will take more use of the three difficulty levels then raven and LEC did. This will result in different amounts of enemies and items.

The current key I used in Secbase was:

easy: very easy all items, realistic amount of enemies.

normal: less items than easy.

hard: less items than easy level filled with enemies.

What we CAN do is making some eastereggs, new enemys hard-exclusives or even secret levels - but that´s just an idea, no confirmation about that...

It´s also a matter of time. The method used in secbase was extremely time efficient and makes it easier for mappers to handle the enemy entities etc.

So I´m sorry to say, but there won´t be most likely no 4th difficulty level... but maybe an AT-ST will show up in the 3rd ;)

By "adding more enemies" I mean adding more variety of enemies - which is exemplified in the example I give after the question (that sounded stupid).

Anyway, the polls are really just to give us a rough idea of the general direction we want to go in. Really, we just want to know if we should add a wider variety of enemies to the levels and whether the fans are OK with that :)

Well, I certainly think alot of the Grans and Trandoshans in Nar Shada and Jabba's Ship should be replaced by newer ones; people complained about the lack of variety in JO, and I doubt this MOD will be spared from that. The enemies don't even have to be completely different. Same AI, different model. Anything to make the thing look as damn good as possible.

Arm Trandoshans and Weequays the same way. Concussion Rifles

Arm Grans and Rodians the same way. Fists and TDs

Unless in the next poll you can ask: Do you wanna arm enemy mercs and bounty hunters with different weapons? ie mortar, repeater

My answer to that would be: NO! Unless you do it only in hard. After I beat it the classic way, I could go through ploughing down new guys, and maybe even some workers in Imp base levels.

We're talking about cutting down the number of Grans and Trandoshans seen in some of the gang infested levels.

Such as:

Ramsees Hed, Nar Shaddaa, Jabba's Ship, and Fuel Station Ergo

Then, you'd want the same physics.

ie, You enter a room in DF filled with three Grans, and two Trandoshans. What we're suggesting (for a 3rd difficulty level) is replace two of the Grans with Weequays and a Trandoshan with a Rodian. They'd need the same gun for physics sake.

And I like the Gran/ Weequay, Trandoshan/ Rodian thing better.

because rodians+concussion rifle=no in my mind. yes, have the doshans keep the concussion rifle, of course. gran, fists and thermals (maybe have some with E-11 for a little variety). this is how it was in JK, and i liked it that way. sheesh, i dont really even care, a variety in skins for me (like JKs shirted and shirtless grans) would be more than enough.

Wanna make a poll or just debate this?

Let's see. We'll leave Trandoshans with concs and Grans with fists and TDs. Rodians can replace some of the TD tossing Grans, but not the fist ones. Weequays can replace a few Trandoshans with concs when they flood the level.

ie

Nar Shaddaa (not too many Trandos here, their first appearance, don't add to many Weequays), Jabba's Ship (still not a lot, not to many replacements), Ergo Fuel Station (replace half of Trandoshans with Weequay)

Just suggestions.

Originally posted by Katarn07

We just are changin' skins, not weapons.

Oh? I wasn't aware that you were suddenly the project lead and had authority on that matter.

I'm sure the team values the opinions of the community, but don't think you can just waltz onto these forums and take control of the mod because you're a DF fanatic.

I think he meant to say "we're just *talkin* about changing skins, not weapons" . . .

everyone's opinions are valued of course. Right now these aspects are so far off in the future for the project I really am not concerned too much about them right now. when I know more about what we can do with the code then I'll worry about it . . .

Why would you only want new enemies on the 3rd difficulty setting? The reason we'd want to see 'new' enemies is for the whole thing to seem less monotonous. Remember the constant stormtroopers in JO? Do you want to see that in this mod? Remember, the mod doesn't have to be a perfect recreation of DF. That game had it's faults too, and this was one of them. If you can improve the game, be sure to do it.

Replacing certain enemies seems fine to me, but they don't have to have exactly the same placements in the levels. And I certainly don't like the idea of new enemies only on the 3rd difficulty level. If it adds something to that, why not do it on all the settings?

Originally posted by Geoffrey S

Why would you only want new enemies on the 3rd difficulty setting? The reason we'd want to see 'new' enemies is for the whole thing to seem less monotonous. Remember the constant stormtroopers in JO? Do you want to see that in this mod? Remember, the mod doesn't have to be a perfect recreation of DF. That game had it's faults too, and this was one of them. If you can improve the game, be sure to do it.

Replacing certain enemies seems fine to me, but they don't have to have exactly the same placements in the levels. And I certainly don't like the idea of new enemies only on the 3rd difficulty level. If it adds something to that, why not do it on all the settings?

Exactly - I think I should really have phrased the poll question better "Do you think we should add more variety of skins into the MOD?"

Archived