Home

WIP: Saesee Tiin

Psyk0Sith

The holiday season kinda slowed down my projects, but here's something i started yesterday...

stiin01.jpg

Click if you cant see image

stiin05.jpg

Click if you cant see image

This is only a texture test and i'm not even looking at polycount right now cuz the head is not done.

Thank Wolf Devil for the request...i wouldnt have started something for Saesee, but since he asked so nicely :).

I still need some reference pics if anyone can help, that would really make things easier.

I'm also working on Ponda Baba and "slave" Anakin when Oxygen team is ready. Updates will be slow, but i hope to finish this sucker anyway.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey GreenDevil!

I can model, but i cant skin! it's a good thing that Grafox and Marz could help me with Ki and Yarael.

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

I think im gonna be asking this now or never... so why the hell not now :D

Psyk0 I love your models, so in other words... may I beta test this?

Of course, after all you are the official JK2 forum beta tester, right? (someone should buy that title for ya ;P)

:D Great choice again PsykoSith!! :D

You and Mars did such a great job on Yareal... definitley one of the best models yet, so I'm really looking forward to this one.

One thing that might be of interest to you...

Saese Tiin seems to look different in Episode I and Episode II.

You might want to make a choice of which one you are doing (if you haven't already).

In Phantom Menace, his face seems to be thicker/ he has a stronger jaw, I think. In AOTC his face is slimmer and longer.

The pics linked by Lord Tnuc are all the Phantom Menace version (Which I personally prefer ;) )

The one thing to keep in mind (for skinning) is his striking yellow eyes and the strange patterns on the back of his head.

The POTJ hasbro 3 3/4" action figure is actually quite a good reference for his head, including the back. That's the older figure with the robe, not the latest AOTC wave.

Best of luck, and thanks so much for your work. Because of you, we're that much closer to the completion of the Jedi Council.

some pics from Sir Steve's Guide

-nomad

MTFBWY

pics from the official site

Originally posted by inbredyokel

Hey, I'd like to skin this biatch if you don't have anyone else lined up. Btw, I can get some good shots of the back of his head from the dvd when I'm home, it might be helpful since it looks really odd and bulbous(not what you'd expect from the front)...

Of course you can skin him!, tho it might take a while before you get anything.

Send the pics please, the more reference, the better!

psykopat@geocities.com

Thanks man.

nomad:

I was going for the TPM look, since that's what i have on the pictures.

What should he be wearing? in the real pics he's wearing a robe Some action figures show him without the robe...but that's not Lucas approved i believe.

Thanks for the pics, that's very helpful for the clothes too.

Originally posted by Psyk0Sith

What should he be wearing? in the real pics he's wearing a robe Some action figures show him without the robe...but that's not Lucas approved i believe.

I'd go with the robes, definitely. I believe that's all you ever see him wear in the films. And I know that YOU can weight the robes as well as the JK2 engine can handle them... so go for it :)

I'm so glad you're working on this guy, he is one cool looking Jedi.

-nomad

MTFBWY

That model looks fantastic! It's great to see slowly all the members of the Jedi Council being re-created for Jedi Knight II. Great work!.

I'm not sure if when you create the model, if you create them to different size. It seems the JediMod1.2(if loaded), makes the model the size you create it, so for instance, Ki-Adi Mundi is supposedly 1.98 meters, where as Saesee Tiin is around i think 1.85. I'm not sure if you'll be taking height into consideration, but it is a cool thing, since it does give them that more realistic look, since they all vary in height.

'bout time someone made Saesee Tiin :D

From looking at the pics, it looks too me like the horns are way too thin, but the face looks good.

As for the robed or not question, how about making the robe removable by typing model saesee_tiin or model saesee_tiin/robed in the console like Toonces has done on the models he made with Tex_360?

I have screen captures from aotc that may shock and appaul many of you...prepare yourselves. It's Saessee Tiin- without a robe.

http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/saesee2.txt

As you can see, he has a regular jedi uniform, it's just especially long around the legs(but clearly not a robe). It also appears that the tabbards on the front continue all the way down. There's also a couple shots of the back of his head, his boots, and a blurry one of his hand.

@ psychosith, i think earlyer on you had said you wanted someone to skin this model or something. well i've seen this one guys work and it looks good. maybe you or anyone else for that matter might wanna ask this guy to be on your team or something. because this guy is good with his work. i dont know if he's done game models before but his 3d effects and characters are morbidly awsome. maybe this guy might be interested, i only found his work by accident. http://www.3demonic.com/galindex.html

Thanks inbredyokel!, i dont even remember seeing him in action, that's quite a shock! hehe, if you have more just mail them to me.

psykopat@geocities.com

psychosith, i think earlyer on you had said you wanted someone to skin this model or something

inbred said he was interested, so if he still wants to do it then he's hired.

Thanks for the suggestion ninja, cool site!

Originally posted by inbredyokel

I have screen captures from aotc that may shock and appaul many of you...prepare yourselves. It's Saessee Tiin- without a robe.

http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/saesee2.txt

i'm not shocked at all... i was already aware that tiin wore a somewhat normal jedi outfit. eeth koth also has a similar longer outfit... although with a turtle neck type shirt.

Archived