Home

WIP: Saesee Tiin

Psyk0Sith

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I made another comparisson and I'm gonna have to agree with Matt that the tip of the nose needs to jut down a little more, making it more obvious.

Despite the fact your showing us the model, too be honest it's a little tough to make an overall comparisson while it hasn't got a skin on it - that's just a point I'm making, not saying that a skin should be put on him now.

But at this point in time, I still put forth my two earlier suggestions and agree with the one Matt made with the nose.

This model is DEFINATELY on the right track, without question, it's making some great progress, but thing is, it's sometimes the little things that can also make a difference.

Thanks for the feedback, i'll do some changes and post more later.

I think i'm pretty much done with the face details, except some adjusments of course.

The reference i use for the front is not 100% straight and his head is kind of looking down, this can change the perspective and cause mistakes. But thanx to you guys i can see proportion errors and fix them. Thanx!

No problem at all. I sometimes wish I was still posting here while you were doing the model Ki-Adi Mundi to provide my 2c, that model turned out extremely well too. I like offering my 2c, in hope that it will aid in perhaps making the creator see/adjust things that will improve the model on the whole.

You are doing a great job with modelling the slightly less popular Jedi Masters(and Council members).

Looking really great PsykoSith!

You really do have the face shape looking right. I would agree that the eyes might be too wide and narrow, though it does look really cool as is.

I'm definitley looking forward to this one :)

Oh, the horns might get a little too thin on your model, as opposed to how his seem to stay wider and have a bit more of a twist. Just nitpicks... I would be more than happy with the way he is... besides the blue skin ;)

-nomad

MTFBWY

I'm almost done with the head, i actually sent it in-game to take a look at the smoothing and shading.

I think it's fine the way it is (dont worry i've adjusted some features) I'll post a screenshot later. About 800 polys without the horns, might be a bit too much, but he's got no body yet so i'll wait to optimize more.

The horns are still in the rough shape, i'll lower the polycount and make them "fatter".

I dunno which outfit he should have, maybe both...plus a hood. But i'll see how it goes when i start to model.

Stay tuned!

I've been quite busy this week, so i had no time to update the model...

Yesterday i started modelling the robe, I've only done the hood it's nothing much but i think it's coming along nicely.

I'll work on the robe itself this week. I will try to add some folds this time ;).

The hood

I will probably do the other outfit too...dunno if inbred is willing to skin two outfits, i could ask marz to help out when his Zam model is completed.

Oh by the way, i did add a seam to the head.

Looking good, although I think it could lose a few few folds all around (to make it look less dress-like :D ) From the pictures it looks like the material down there is pretty rigid. Also, upon looking at aotc and seeing saesee in action, it appears that the tabbards go all the way down on both the front and back, and there is a slit going all the way up to his waist on the right side that kind of overlaps a little in the front. Perhaps this will better illustrate...

http://www.geocities.com/inbredyokel2000/saeseeshots.txt

His face looks kinda wide too, but it just might be the angle. You can see in these shots from both movies though that he does have a very square jaw and narrow face.

Ep 1 http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/saeseetiin/img/eu_bg.jpg

Ep 2

http://www.starwarskids.com/behind_the_saga/epII_news/2001/22/img/saesee.jpg

Hope this stuff helps!

Archived