Home

Pre Star Wars Trivia thread: options!

ok.. i am willing to make a star wars trivia thread.

and i was thinking about the whole points and credits system...

and i was thinking .... we can make an interesting thread for this :D

ok.. you all know we have points now for each post we make.

every post we make..,. contributes at least 2 credits... if you make a good post.. you may get 4..

Now... i suggest the ones who want to join the trivia thread should do this. with every answer you give to this thread, you have to donate 10 credits.

if you do not.. you will not be counted when points are being devided :D

to be sure everyone pays their points.. i think it is best to PM be with the donation. you just PM me that you put 10 credits on an acount and i will go see.

Now you are wondering.... who's acount shall we donate to?

wel... i have a second acount here on the Lucasforums. my nick:

Mister E

i have not used that nick since the point system is in use.. so it has no points what so ever.

just donate the 10 credits to him and i will see if it is transferred.

now.. i swear to you all... im not a horrible person.. and i will not STEAL he points.. ill make my points the right way.

ill make 30 star wars related questions (from games, EU, the movies and official encyclopedia's) at the end of those 30 questions.. the one that has the most points (for right answers not posts) will get all the points on te Mister E account :D

So lets recap:

I will post 30 Star Wars related Questions

- 3 points for first

- 2 points for second

- the rest who answers after that gets 1 point

With each answer you want to give, Donate 10 credits to the acount name of: Mister E.

After you have done that. PM me (Wraith 8) with the following text:

10 credits donated by *your user name* for question number

*the question number*.

After 30 questions, we will see who has the most points and he/she will get all the credits on the Mister E acount.

Well? what do you think of it?

-Wraith 8-

I'm in. Where do I sign? Do I send answers to you via PM? How does this work exactly? Five creds sounds fair. Multiple choice or regular answer? Question....overload....... Points are to be awarded for the first and second right answers only, or do they just get the most?

with the donating points thing:

what about the people like me that don´t have enough points??

the people who only wants a glow color in her nick, that post more cause is still on and hates vacations? the SWA forum is dead and my padawans are on vacation too!!!! I can´t post a lot like in the other forums!!!! I want my mommy!!!!

*runs out crying :cry6: :cry6:

err. please forgot what I said, you never read this post :xp::rofl:

(BTW: I would like to join but I don´t want to loose the few points I have, what If I only answer few questions?)

uhmm you could enter a question.. but then you dont get points and so you wont be able to win credits afterworth..

i have to be strict in this.. or else it wouldnt be fair to the peopl who DO contribute to the game.

and DD.. its only 5 credits per question.

you have to post 3 times to get 6.... so that isnt that bad is it?

Instead of paying per question, we charged for the whole thing. Ie. everyone who wants in pays like 25 or 50 creds to enter. Then instead of paying per question, you could post all thirty questions and each person answered, like a quiz. That way winners would not be determined by speed of posting, but on correctness. I don't know, just a thought. This way DD could gain entry to the whole thing rather than only being able to answer a few questions. Let me know.

Originally posted by irulual

Instead of paying per question, we charged for the whole thing. Ie. everyone who wants in pays like 25 or 50 creds to enter. Then instead of paying per question, you could post all thirty questions and each person answered, like a quiz. That way winners would not be determined by speed of posting, but on correctness. I don't know, just a thought. This way DD could gain entry to the whole thing rather than only being able to answer a few questions. Let me know.

so.. you are saying i should give all 30 questions emidiatly? i make them up as they go..

and suppose if you do pay all i front.. and you miss a question..... it would be a waste of your creds.

i think 5 creds are fair and easy.

and thew... how else would you want it... like that other thread... the first to reply.. needs to get the answer right on the fisrt question i post.. ok ok.. i post like 5 questions in 1 post.. and each runner up has to post that specific question? it didnt work out then.. and i think it wouldnt work out now.

ofcourse you are right... some people are not online as they do.. but if you see that you are late.. you dont have to go if i do 5 creds per question.. of cource you could end up fatal at last stages when you might miss one or two poitns.

To ensure honesty.. i will imply a bonus question that only the third and the rest after it May answer. and i will give one point per bonus.. so if you have the bonus right.. you get 2 points.. how about that?

-Wraith 8-

Ok, so let me see if I fully understand. Those that want to be involved send a PM to you and pay five creds to Mister E. Then you post the question on here as well as a bonus question. Then, we send our answers to the two questions via PM? Is that right? I may be making this more complex than it needs to be, but I foresee problems with people reading answers off of the boards.

On another note, what type of questions? Ie. RPG WEG/TSR, Movies and or books? Not that it really matters, your way I can just skip paying for the book questions, since I know next to nothing about the books, other than the RPG ones that is.

Sorry all, I'm new at this. Never done anything like this before.

i'm willing to participate, but how about an mix of like 5 questions which give diffrent points depending on the dificulty but each person can only answer one. that way the first people to see the questions could choose the easy ones and get points while those who aren't on as often will have the ability to not be totaly left out.

@ Irulual: dont worry... we havent done it like this at all :D

Here are some links to MY previous trivia threads on SWG:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35512 <-- this one is funny.. cause it is the first in this forum.. and you can just see how many people are actually here back tyen :D

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54457 <-- this is the second one. later in the history of the off-topic... Royal Guard made one in my absence.. and Ewok Hunter also tried one.

@ Joken : i already planned it like that :D

cause.. i will be away weekends... so im thinking of a 2 day period of able to post before the new Q comes out :D

@ Ewok Hunter: yeah i was thinking about that... but again.. you would have the same thing. i think this way is better. and the points arent as far apart from eachother... so i think its not that hard to answer and get points and still be in the race.

ROFL, you're right. :D

I'm sitting and rereading it, and I can't stop laughing reading the part about how many AT-ATs were destroyed. :D Can't believe we argued that much about that. :D;):p

Ah, the memories. :rolleyes:

Got beaten by Set on the second round though, and I started with a 15 point lead to. :(

But who cares anyway, it's all for fun. :D

Archived