Home

Hogwarts Beta Testing

Eldritch

I'm thinking of releasing part of Hogwarts as a duel map to get something out there to play with. If anyone is interested in beta testing, please respond. I'm only looking for 3-4 people to test it, and anyone who does will be welcome to beta test the entire map when it's done. Let me know if you're interested.

Originally posted by {BK}SupremePain

yeah ill test it, its looking very nice can you link me to some of the places on the map i will be testing? that is if i can test it :D

Sure, you can test it. The duel map will consist of the Entrance Hall (the 3 most recent screenshots are of the center of the Entrance Hall) and part of the surrounding areas.

EDIT:

The link would be nice... click me. The most recent screenshots are the ones at the bottom.

Alrighty, Hellfire and Scouttrouper join the list of beta testers along with Supreme.

Wolfey, have you ever beta tested anything before? Because I need people that will explore every area, mess with everything, do anything possible to try and exploit bugs (if there are any) so I can fix them. If you think you're up to it, let me know.

As for the rest of you, I need all of your email addresses, so email me (click button below my post) and be sure to put your name in the Subject so I know who you are.

Sounds good Pnut.

Ok, I think that will be all the beta testers I need at this time. I'll recruit some more when the full map goes beta.

The list of beta testers is as follows:

{BK}SupremePain

Hellfire Jedi

Scouttrooper

Pnut_Master

And with me, that makes 5. Anyone who hasn't yet sent me an email so I have their address should do so.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

id like to beta test this also.

Originally posted by Aru-Wen

Ok, I think that will be all the beta testers I need at this time. I'll recruit some more when the full map goes beta.

Sorry, Sith. Remind me you'd like to test when the full map goes beta.

Originally posted by InsaneSith

i have a question. are you gonna be able to get the stairs to move around like they did in the movie. if so i think it would make this the greatest non star wars map ever.

I'm working on it. You should check out the Hogwarts thread in the Mapping Showcase forum for full details on how the map is progressing, though... there's more info there.

Beta Testers :

I'm just putting the finishing touches on a questionnaire that will be included in the ZIP file. It is necessary that you fill this out as best you can so that it helps me to make the necessary improvements/changes/etc. Just email it to me (I will include my email address as part of it) when you have completed it. Hopefully you will get the map on Friday, which leaves the weekend for you to test it. Take as long as you need to test it, but I'm shooting to release an open beta of Hogwarts by sometime next week. My only other request to you is that you not send it to anyone, that you not host the file somewhere for people to download, and that you not really talk about it with anyone besides myself and the other beta testers. I know I don't really have to say all this, but I just wanted it to be clear. :)

The other question is - the ZIP file will likely weigh in at around 10+ MB, and I know that some of your email inboxes probably cannot handle files of that size. If they cannot, please let me know and I'll find somewhere to host it.

Thanks in advance,

Aru-Wen

Well I haven't gotten the map yet, and i've been wondering about the max size of emails i can download...

I'm pretty sure you could host the map on homestead, i've placed skinpacks over 10 megs on their servers before.

And if worst comes to worst, my aol name is XxPnutmanxX :)

Sorry, folks... I posted this on the thread in the Mapping Showcase, but forgot to post it here.

Unfortunately, due to college and work (mostly work) I was not able to get the map to a point where I wanted to send it to the beta testers (was aiming for today... err, yesterday now). I hope to get it to them at some point over this weekend. This shouldn't affect the release of the open beta too much - it'll probably be next weekend at the latest.

Work has wiped me out again, and I have been unable to put the finishing touches on the map. I will try to get it out ASAP... stay tuned to this thread for a message stating that I've sent the map out to all beta testers. I'm hoping it will be within the next day or so, but it will be sometime this week, come hell or high water. :D

Archived