Home

Hogwarts Beta Testing

Eldritch

Beta Testers :

You've been either emailed the file directly, or been given a link that you can download it from. The questionnaire I've prepared will follow shortly - please fill it out as best you can, and email it back to me at the email address provided in the readme file.

And so you know, there's a few hidden areas in the map - i'm not going to tell you how many there are, where they're at, or how to get them, but I'll give a special prize to anyone who can find them all.

In addition, the better weapons and more bacta/shields/items are to be found in the hidden areas, so it's in your best interests to look for them. :D

Have fun!

Aru-Wen

*After a long time with internett problems, Wolfey arrives the beta thread of the Hogwarts, again, after 1092069 years...*

Hello everyone.

Wolfey, have you ever beta tested anything before? Because I need people that will explore every area, mess with everything, do anything possible to try and exploit bugs (if there are any) so I can fix them. If you think you're up to it, let me know.
Errr, do u think i dont know what the hell beta testing means? :eyeraise: And, sorry for not lettin ya know. I was under some heavy internett problems at that time.......:(

Hows it goin with the testing guys?

Cheers!

Originally posted by Wolfey

Hows it goin with the testing guys?

I wouldn't know. I've heard back from only 2 people that they've even GOT the map, and only got a partial response from one of them.

I won't know what I should fix until I get their responses, so...

It's gonna be awhile. I haven't even gotten feedback from the beta testers on the map yet.

I've gotten one partial response, and another saying that he's too lazy to answer the questions I asked (questions that, if answered, will help make the map better). I'm waiting for at least one actual response before I release this small section as a duel/ffa open beta. If you have problems with this, talk to the beta testers - you'll find their names in this thread.

I didn't name any names. :p

I'm sure you're busy, but most of those questions are simple yes/no answers. At most it would take 5 minutes to complete and it helps me to get specific feedback on the map, which is kinda the point of beta testing. "The map is great, no major problems" is nice to hear, but it doesn't help me improve.

Oh, and Scout, I just got your email. To answer your question, the guns in the dark areas do not count as hidden weapons. They're just not in obvious locations. The more powerful weapons and pickups are in secret passages, acessible by pressing the 'Use' button (just like you would to open a door) - but you do have to know where they are. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived