Home

Jedi School

DeadlyBOFH

To the JK2 Community:

This may be what we're looking for to help get the community back on its feet.

Anyone who wishes to can get involved, as a teacher or a student (hopefully experienced people as teachers.) -- BOFH (Spectrum)

Greetings, this document has been written after researching through the players and by my personal experience as an ex-leader and after having many padawan’s (over 20!). All that is written down here are serious projects that I consider important in order to save JK2 and help the clan as well.

-Clan Projects-

Chapter 1 – OmNi Clan School

-Community Projects-

Chapter 2 – Jedi School

Chapter 3 – JK2’s Community Rescue

Chapter 1 - OmNi Clan School

This is part 1 of the JK2 Rescue Project and it’s for the clan itself, it consists of creating a new “division” that would be the OmNi Clan School. The OCS is a kind of pre-OmNi club in which players that seem to have a good future with omni but that are new to the clan would go in. For example, the guy has been playing in the server for 2 or 3 days and he’s been showing a good spirit of the game and interest in omni itself. Well you invite the guy into OCS, once he’ll be in, he’ll have sessions with OmNi’s named Masters and he’ll be “tutored”.

When I say tutor, it’s about training him, talking with him about JK2 and the way it should be played (Good spirit of the game). They would also have lessons with the masters in a class of around 5 (more if needed but more masters are needed).

Those that would belong to OCS would feel like belonging to OmNi but without being yet. By creating this School, those apart of it would be in a competition environment because they would want to prove they’re the best choice out of the other “Clan-Wannabes”. This competition environment is only good because it stimulates them to improve and work on their skills and attitude.

Another good point, by having this OCS is you ensure a future for the clan but without recruiting them the first time you see them. You invite them into OCS; they feel like belonging to OmNi, they stay in the server because they feel welcome and “seen”. In the past I didn’t feel “seen” by the leaders even with the efforts I had put to socialize with them and to get into OmNi as well. But with this OCS, you don’t need to invite him into OmNi, you let him play on your server and prove his dedication then once he’s prove enough; here comes the Official OmNi Invitation.

I’ve thought of this project from my personal experience, I’ve had many Padawan’s, all of them are still playing JK2 now, I’ve found out that being shown the good way and having some players and friends get players to discover a new dimension of the game. Once they find it, they have fun like they never had and stick to the ones that are their friends and play that game no matter what happen.

Sincerely, Santa*Smile

Dedicated OmNi and proud to be

Chapter 2 – Jedi School

This is the 2nd part of the project. We all are aware of JK2’s actual situation… the game is dying and so is the community.

Someone said one day “If everybody would clean his courtyard, the world would be way cleaner”

Well this is the idea of this project, getting rid of the troublemakers like it’s always been done and Care of the other ones. All those new players, who have no server they feel welcome in, most of the players, are just changing from one server to another. The idea is about having the Jedi School.

The Jedi School is based on OCS, but the ones you teach aren’t the ones you want in the clan for your future, but the normal players that always fulfill servers. They don’t know anything of the game and they simply stop in a server then go to another after.

Our servers are great, the connections sure is, but the gaming environment as well. Like said earlier in OCS Chapter, a player that feel welcome is a nice player, those players don’t know the game basics and that are the majority of the players of the JK2 Community. If we take time to teach them the basics, the good spirit of the game and feel them welcome, then the server’s environment is greatly improved and we get an even better name in the community. The Community improves every time a normal player becomes a good player, it’s not a big improvement but pennies can become dollars…

It’s also from personal experience that this is project has come to life… I’ve helped a lot of players in FA (Ex-Clan) and in OmNi servers… all of those players are nice guys now and its fun to play with them… I can give you names too: Jessika (Ivy), Satan00, Bushido, Exilon… many more but I can’t remember all of them…

I guess you notice those players are really active on our servers now, Jessika got into OmNi and Satan00 is on our IRC all of the time… Before I helped them out they didn’t know much about the game and didn’t belong to any server… (I’ve asked them). Now they play on our servers and are guys it’s fun to play with.

This project has a minor impact since only our servers are affected; this project is a community job. See Chapter 3…

Chapter 3 - JK2’s Community Rescue

Like it’s been said on chapter 2’s ending, the community is the only one that can save itself from dying… The ones that have the biggest influence over all of this are the Clan Leaders, they lead clans and have their own servers, and the biggest part of the servers is Clan Servers.

The Jedi School project can have a BIG influence over the JK2 Community if all the clans would apply it. Famous saying comes back again…“If everybody would clean his courtyard, the world would be way cleaner”

If every good player would transform a normal player in a good player, well you now have twice the number of good players you had before they have been taught the good way. (When I say “good”, I mean spirit of the game and skills) Example: 5 good players in a server of 10 teach the 5 other ones, 5+5=10

Great! You now have 5 new good players into the community, another clan teach 3 players in a day, another teach 4 in a day… With time you fulfill your community of good players!

This said, we also should create the “United Clans Council” to enforce the Clans’ power, any clan willing to join it would be welcome in. Big meetings would be set with the clan leaders to discuss of ideas and projects to work on to improve the community. If every clan brings one idea to help out the community the impact will big.

Some people told me those projects are unrealistic and unreal, old saying again: “If someone says something is impossible, it’s cause it’s impossible for him”. If I don’t see those projects impossible to do its cause I believe they are possible because I know what efforts I do, and what WE can do together. They aren’t impossible at all, they are BIG projects and what will make the difference are how big the efforts that will be done to make it succeed. If we work hard to make it succeed, it will SUCCEED!

Written by SaNtA*Smile

Dedicated JK2 player and proud to be!

Jedi School will normally take place on the OmNi Clan servers (Using OmniMOD)

their addresses are;

161.6.10.233:28070

64.124.172.196:28071

For more information:

IRC: east.gamesnet.net #omni

Spectrum's E-mail --- dysfunction@nyc.rr.com

Shadow's E-mail --- shadow@omniclan.com

Santa-Smile's E-mail --- lpincho@hotmail.com

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I´m from germany and I had read in the news that you are interested in to create a jk2 school. Some months ago, we created a jk2 school in germany ( I´m an admin) and i would say that it is very successful. We have more than 400 padawans but only 23 authorized/certified teachers who are allowed to give lessons. In the moment, we are only a "german speaking school". Maybe we could make a cooperation if you are really interested in. Our site is http://www.jk2-school.de . My icq number is 127548081 . We also have a irc chan: quakenet , #jk2.school

Well it features omnimod for a reason.. Its admin capabilities #1, and the anti-interference stuff. And it may be similar to jedi academy.. but its a lot different as per the way its run.

Besides the jedi academy rules are TOO STRICT and kind-of rediculous in my opinion.

:jawa

I WILL HELP AS A TEACHER AND SHARE MY VAST KNOWLEDGE OF THE GAME AS I HAVE SKILLS BEATING THE GAME OVER 110 TIMES SINCE ITS RELEASE MOST OF THOSE TIMES WITH OUT CHEATS

LIKE I SAID THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH ME AND WOULD LOVE TO HELP IN ANY WAY

EMAIL ME FOR MORE INFO

THE FORCE MAY IT BE WITH YOU

DAVID

I have been playing Jedi Knight 2 almost since the beginning... and I am one of the "Good" players, and the lack of other good players had made me lose interest in the game for a while.. I just re-installed it to give it a go again and ran into the same problem... This Jedi Academy idea sounds really great...

Here is a list of the rules for the Jedi Academy (http://academy.jediknightii.net)

//************************************************

Ok, there have been a few fights on the servers, so let me establish ground rules that you all MUST follow. This all boils down to respect. You must respect each other on the servers. I cannot stress this enough! If you don't have respect for your fellow players, you have no place in the academy. Here are a list of things that define respect on our servers:

There is to be no fighting unless the fight is mutually agreed upon. That means if someone cuts in front of the line, tell him to get back in line. If someone is in your way, as him to move. If he refuses to move, take a screenshot or a demo and report it to the nearest trainer. If they don't respond then report the issue to massadoobie or DJ Sith.

If you are a student, you must listen to the trainers. What they say is the law of the land. If there is a disagreement amongst trainers or if you feel the trainers are treating you unfairly, the issue needs to be brought to massadoobie or DJ Sith. Along these same lines, a trainer who is teaching a class on the server basically has control of the server. If he asks you to do something, such as being quiet or talking using message mode 3 (don't know what this is? Ask a trainer, it's the easiest way to explain), you better do it.

Watch your mouths. A small amount of swearing is ok, but if you take it over the top, you will get a warning. Racist/sexist/homophobic talk is extremely forbidden. This is civilization people, you can do it, I promise.

The ONLY script allowed in the Academy is the official Jedi Academy script, created by Yun, or a similar SPEAKING ONLY script. If you are discovered having a script that is not allowed by the Academy, you will immediately be banned and will be forced to explain yourself to massadoobie or DJ Sith (essentially you are given your first and second warning at once, see below). We are NOT going to tolerate this. If you already have a first warning and are caught with a script you'd better have a MASSIVELY AMAZING reason why you're using it. Binds go the same way... If it's not naturally bound to a key in the game, don't do it. A custom keyboard config is fine if it makes you comfortable, but no binding combo moves (DFA, lunge, etc).

This should be common sense as well, but i guess it isn't, so now it's a rule. If you are using any form of this command:

"/bind key "+left;cl_yawspeed 2500" "

which executes a spin at a rapid pace, and you are caught using it, you will receive warnings... and you can all consider this warning number one. yawspeed is meant to be a setting in a config file, not adjustable through a bound key. You cannot negotiate your way out of this unless you work for Raven Software... and I have a feeling the guys at Raven didn't mean for yawspeed to be used this way either.

If you attack someone unprovoked, grip-drop them or kick them into the spikes in the spike room, or attack someone while they are typing (in a reasonable time... if you attack right when the typing icon comes up, that's understandable, assuming you had a right to attack in the first place), you will be in trouble. Someone will capture you on a screenshot and report it to us.

Along the same lines, we will ignore all reports unless they meet one of these three criteria: There is a demo of the said act, there is a screenshot of the said act, or at least two trainers back up your story.

If someone is attacking you against the rules, don't fight back. That simply lowers yourself to their level and further irritating the situation. Tempers rise, names are called, and bans are handed out when this happens, so take the high road. If someone is bothering you tell a trainer. If it continues, go eat lunch or something and calm down, just avoid getting yourself in trouble.

Please keep guns out of the temple. Play with your guns outside, kids. :) The same thing goes for setting det pack/trip mine tracps within the building. If we catch you doing this you'll be subject to disciplinary action. The only exceptions to this rule are if a trainer is teaching a class involving guns, or the presence of guns or traps in the temple is OK with everyone on the server. If someone has a problem with it, then don't do it.

If you are found to be guilty of violating these rules, you will get two chances. The first chance will be a verbal warning from either massadoobie, DJ Sith, or a trainer, and you will be kicked from the server. You will then need to talk to either (and only) massadoobie or DJ Sith to explain your actions. After the second warning or infraction, you will be banned from the servers and the IRC channel and will receive no other chances.

These rules are not all-inclusive. Basically the best advice I have is don't do stupid stuff, and your place in the Academy is safe. Use your brains here folks. :)

I did not want to resort to having to list these rules, since they should be common sense. However events have led me to make this list. I don't ever want to ban anyone, but you have to participate by our rules if you want to participate at all. That's the way it goes folks.

-massadoobie[JAC]

//*************************************************

Hmmm...doesnt seem to strict to me. The JA is more than just a school for teaching people to play JK2, its a huge community. I am proud to say we have almost 2000 people in the JA, which a little more than half of that are constantly active. 1337!!!

Hi im the leader of the so called omni clan. This project has nothing to do with [OmNi] or omnimod. Regardless what Bofh says. This is the community we are talking about and we are not limiting it to omni we have other clans involved like {DX} {LoD} and possibly [TMBJ]. Like i said before what u hear or say about us doesnt matter this is for the community we have numerous people in on this project and it isnt for omni its for u people. I think its time we stop worrying about the mods and skins and other garbage like that to save this game u cannot deny the community is dwindling a bit. I never knew of this jedi academy site until recently after all of this had started and i think thats great but why stop with that why not the whole thing. Let just do this as a community. I mean thru all this mod garbage and skins map stuff isint this what we all have trying to accomplish? I and other people are extremely tired of the mod wars. Lets do this right and try together.

Hey guys here's santa smile im the one who wrote that document...

first of all i didn't even know Jedi Academy existed so i had no idea of copying anybodys idea

2nd ive wrote this only for one thing: helping the community and the reason weve been posting this that wed like that EVERY single clans work on the jedi school idea and tutor every players they see. like i said doing so will improve the communitys level. only JA or OCS cant have a big effect alone... what we really need is to change our way of playing and acting with the new players

instead of laughing of his noobness or his way of playing we should try to tell him what he could do to improve, develop his "good spirit of the game"

if ure a clan and ure interested in doing this id like that u send me an email at lpincho@hotmail.com

id simply like to know how many clans are gonna help on this.

you can use what ever mod u want or basic jk2 to do this. all u need to help is to train and show the new players the good way.

we posted about OCS so players are aware of it and come and play in our server if theyd wish training.

the other 2 parts is about everybodys job as a player. if u want to help the communty, only training 1 guy will have a huge effect like i said, if we all train 1 guy each, we have twice the number of good players.

if youre a clan willing to help on this or if u already have a school or something that helps and train the new players like JA and this german jedi school well plz send me an email at lpincho@hotmail.com

i appreciate of all you's work and effort keep up :)

Wow, this is exactly like a small idea I've been trying to form. A friend and I have always had a dream, since we started playing JK2 months ago (we are duel fans), that if... well, hmm.

Take duel_training for example. You notice how there's a small set of corridors near the top of the map with breakable glass? We always thought it would be good if the spectators could wait there to view the fight, and as one opponent loses, the other goes out and onto the arena to face the winner. This came more or less true when my friend and I downloaded the The Jedi Academy map. Together we started a sort of school with a so far small ranking system. He's always called me master, and together with Jedi Mod 1.2, we made our dream come true... somewhat.

Since in mods, names changed there won't affect the regular game, I named myself Jedi Master Shao, and his rank was Jedi Knight. Although still my apprentice in a way, he wasn't an all out Initiate, and he participated in the lessons I tried to provide. I have a current total of 11 students, and I've been trying to work very hard to keep my little academy alive.

I called it The Jedi Academy. Alas, I realized later on of the plagerism of my actions; another The Jedi Academy exists.

So I was basically a or the trainer. Eventually, another pre-member I fought and found quite good joined up, and I thought he had the potential to be an instructor. His rank was Jedi Adept, or I'd have called him Instructor. I wanted a seperate name from the other trainers because I kind of felt like I wanted one... I founded it (I don't want to sound immodest, so I'm sorry if I'm sounding like it). The idea seemed somewhat original to me until I realized I wasn't the only one; I felt pretty stupid.

I just wanted to say that I'm trying to start an Academy. But now that you've all talked about one, I'd love to help out.

Am I going to join you all? Or are you all going to help me further develop mine?

Either way, you all have my support. I don't know how good I am. Sometimes I play really well, other times I get owned. I'm a duel person (My computer can't even really support FFA, too many people make it choppy), but either way I'd love to help new comers or adepts alike.

Something else I thought would be sort of creative and neat to pass down was the creation of Forms. For those of you that are more... familiar with martial arts, types such as Kung-Fu or Karate have forms, or sequences of moves, strung together, purposely for the sake of stance over power, although a strong stance centres strong power. However, I have been using Jedi Mod 1.2, so some of the forums have some of the new stances involved.

I just wanted to pass the idea of forms, kind of like how the very first person to bow started a legacy that travelled through to all Jedi Knight 2 players.

I'm sure I'm probably forgetting something, but there's my overall input of what I've tried to do as a Jedi Trainer/Academy starter. I'd greatly appreciate all feedback. :)

Whay is it u guys are exactly trying to accomplish? I am not badmouthing here but look at this whole thread. It was about the community and now all I see is something about advertising mods. This is exactly what people are doin to this community. And all were doin is trying to spread the word about this project. This why people will always be to thick headed. Btw this isnt the MoD Section.. have a good day

I've been playing JK2 since it came out. I love it. I'm in the |DB| clan. And yes, I have noticed the lack of apparent 'honourable' players, especially of late.

However, I'm kind of confused by you suggesting that the JK2 community is dying... from what I can tell, its as vibrant as its ever been.

I edit the Jedi Knight catagory at the Open Directory Project. And so far, especially lately, I recieving on average at least one new clan homepage per day, even over Christmas. The continuous influx of new clans suggests to me, at least, that the JK2 community is doing quite well. Not as well as Counterstrike, Half-Life and games like Wolfenstein and MoH, I'll grant you, but better than most.

And you may argue that your clan servers aren't getting many people on nowadays... have you checked dedicated servers from places like Blueyonder, or I think Fragland for the US? Generally, I hate to say it, they have better ping and connectivity than the majority of clan servers so people tend to go to those.

So perhaps the community isn't deteriating quite so much as you first thought, unless you can think of any other signs.

I am all in favour of a 'Jedi Academy'. I'm aware that there are already many out there, some more well-known than others. But with the amount of lamers and noobs I run into on my clan talent-scouting operations... the more Academies the better, I say. Instead of just each competing to make the best form of training server, why not all of you work together, improving the quality of each individual Academy, and giving the Padawans out there more choice (especially useful for dealing with full servers). I'm thinking of recommending something similar to |DB|<<<<BoSS>>>>, my clan leader. And as the thread starter, DeadlyBOFH says, they don't all have to be about clan recruitment either.

Wow, sounds like someone at JA has a broom up their ass or something. Jeez...someone over there needs to take a breath. Rules that harsh will only prove detrimental to the growth of the community. :\

Anyway, are we talking about NF dueling clans only or what?

i kinda skipped a couple post so i dunno if this has been said but... why not just "merge' with the jedi academie? the JA system IS really good (or was when i attented anyway), you could put both ideas together, to from a HUGE jedi academy... there should also be special training for masters that teach heh. if that happened i'd surely get my clan involved.

lets start here then as a community and play as a community no boundries no clans. i never in a way meant to say thatit is dying but the fun of it is and its become a mod war.whats gonna be next and how long are we gonna wait untill everyone realizes when its too late im all for doin whatever has to be done lets alldo it together..

hi,

first off id liketo say that i respect what you are trying to do. but is it really that big of a deal to have people fight honorably. dont get me wrong i do fight with "honor." yet i never have trouble beating people. sometimes, for me, the people who try to have the lowest "honor" lose the worst. i find it harder to beat people who are good than the cheap noobs. i have seen a lot of people fight wothout honor though and im glad that you are trying to clean up the community.

one thing though, when i play jk2 i come to fight not learn or teach. its a game, not school! it doesnt strike me that many people will want to clean up and sit around and learn how to play a game properly (althought they should). i like the idea but it MIGHT not be workable. i think a school enviroment would be cool but again, i come to fight non stop and im sure others do too.

basically what im saying is what r u gonna do about people like me (peeps who wnt to fight non stop)? is their a lot of fighting there or talking? i guess this isnt a place for experienced players is it?

Archived