Home

your favourite EU book of all time

Darth Talliusc

this thread is where you can list what you think of as the very best of this wonderful universe. series are allowed but please note which book you found the most interesting.

ill get the ball rolling: the thrawn trilogy. specifically heir to the empire. a masterpiece. if you havent read it shame on you!

Darksaber by Kevin J. Anderson. That was my most favorite EU book that I have read. I liked the whole book and I thought it was well written. The only thing that I didn't like was that Crix Madine died; :( He was a cool guy in the book and you got to know more about him than just what you saw in ROTJ.

:lsduel::duel:

I read XW1 & XW2, but the 3rd one sucked so never got onto the 4th one....

I like the ones with Jaina and Jacen. Easy to read a lot in little time and full of adventure. Thrawn Trilogy is great too.

Oooh! Ohhh! Rouge Planet rocks alongside of Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. Read 'em if you haven't. Shadow Hunter is an all out, non-stop, action packed book following a Jedi, a Scoundrel, Darth Maul (duh!), a bounty hunter, and for a couple chapters, a Neimodian traitor. Excellent!

And Rouge Planet is the prequel to the NJO sorta. No real appearance by the Vong, but they are indeed the invaders. Vergere is in it.

NJO all together is probably the best. Have only read first two though :D....

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

*gasp* R15, SotE is horrible! :D

*runs for cover* :D

SOTE wasn't that bad, it certainly is alot different than most other SW books though. Thats one book where i think i remember quite a few contradictions to the movie....not sure.

Have any of you read the Black Fleet Crisis?

I think that this is my favorite Trilogy of Eu excluding Ep IV, V , VI.

It really is a good series and I enjoyed it very much. I like the way that you get to read more about Lando and his adventures and there is a lot of action too. :D

for me, the most fun books were the six Han Solo books. I'm talking about the three that were written by Brian Daley back in the eighties and the new ones that told Han's history. They were fun books that really held the essence of star wars, without getting too Science fiction-ish (star wars is a space fantasy, after all).

Originally posted by Ratmjedi

Have any of you read the Black Fleet Crisis?

I think that this is my favorite Trilogy of Eu excluding Ep IV, V , VI.

It really is a good series and I enjoyed it very much. I like the way that you get to read more about Lando and his adventures and there is a lot of action too. :D

GACK! i banish you from the thread! be GONE!

ok im kidding. i suppose we all deserve our own opinions... but since i started the thread im gonna say that i think your opinion is wrong :p maybe its just my odd hatred for lando, i just dont know.

it had too much politics, if you ask me the only good thing in that series of books was the gigantic battle near the end. oh and it bothered me how according to that book Padme (only referred to as lukes mom) was force senesitive and left for some mystical clan group thing. it just bothered me.

Originally posted by Darth Talliusc

it had too much politics, if you ask me the only good thing in that series of books was the gigantic battle near the end. oh and it bothered me how according to that book Padme (only referred to as lukes mom) was force senesitive and left for some mystical clan group thing. it just bothered me.

No, they were never looking for Luke's mom. That girl, whose name i cannot remember, was just using Luke so she could find her people. Padme wasn't part of the White Current or anything.

Originally posted by Darth Talliusc

hmmm, well it has been a few years since i read that series. perhaps i remember incorrectly but i couldve sworn that that girl told luke that his mom was part of the "White current". ill check later and edit this post.

Yeah, she did, but she was lying. She just wanted Luke to help her get home.

Archived