Home

Getting into collecting

Swoosh

I've been kinda collecting some Star Wars stuff over the past year or so, but I am considering making it into a bigger hobby...but I'm not sure. Is it worth the time and money to get into it so late? What dirves all of you guys to do it? Thanks for the help :)

Swoosh

Get into it more!

Its a fun way to pass the time. You'll love going into your local wal-mart and racing kids to the toy section. :) Then, when you have visitors in your home, you can show them your bad-ass collection.

Plus, chicks dig collectors. :D

Originally posted by Chase Windu

I suggest you only buy what you like because Star Wars ain't cheap. And a lot of the time it gives you a headache. Don't get yourself into a pickle where you buy a lot of stuff and then in the future your just not interested in it anymore. Unless you are certain you are really into it.

Well, you could always sell it. But don't spend more money than you have. ;)

FIRST OF ALL HI HAVNT BEEN HERE IN A WHILE ..Z..ITS TATERS. ALRIGHT I AM A BIG COLLECTOR REALLY BIG:cool: I BUY ALL I CAN .......ANYWAY CHIKS DONT DIG COLLECTORS:( LOL ANY WAY I (LIKE Z ) NEVER REALLY RACED ANYONE TO A FIGURE BUT WEVE BOTH DEFINATLY HAD OUR FUN ON THE HUNT AS DO ALL COLLECTORS.......USE THE FORCE TO COLLECT (DARK FORCE)

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Buy some recent stuff...the old stuff will cost you a hell of a lot of cash!

Can someone tell me how much is worth a death star II made by micro-machines?

What year and series? ;)

BTW, Taters get the old figures for a cheap price (I got a old stormie for 6 bucks, I think ^_^)

Originally posted by Swoosh

Yeah, I'd probably only buy newer stuff so I won't kill my bank account. Thanks for the advice everyone...I'm gonna try to pick up some figures the next time I go shopping!

Swoosh

I have to enthusiastically recommend KBToys. Go to their website, they have most figures for $4 US. :thumbsup:

Happy collecting ;)

Originally posted by ZBomber

(1)What year and series? ;)

(2)BTW, Taters get the old figures for a cheap price (I got a old stormie for 6 bucks, I think ^_^)

1-1994. i don't know which series. it's just a small micro-machine thing

2-Really!:eek: Was the guy that you bought that from really stupid?!Unless they were in bad shape...

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

1-1994. i don't know which series. it's just a small micro-machine thing

2-Really!:eek: Was the guy that you bought that from really stupid?!Unless they were in bad shape...

Nope. He has really good reasonable prices. But its not aroudn where I live, and when I happened to be there, it was closed, so I never got to go in. :(

I used to buy a new figure or two every time I went to Fred Meyers. Then I would have to buy some thing for my son as well though. :)

I mostly just collect the figures and various lego models. I do have the bed and blanket set from 1977 though. Now if only I had a twin size bed to put them on. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Got the new Jedi Council Yoda. Basically it looks like the episode one Yoda with a lightsaber, has a magnet in the hand so he can do that force grab thingy. Not much else to say about it really.

Yeh, Taters just picked me up one. However, if you open it up, theres this really cool stance he can do. I'll get a pic later! ;)

Archived