Home

Right-to-Die

-s/<itzo-

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

Suicide simply isn't a good thing, and I am glad people do a lot to try to stop it, for example by making it illegal.

Do you honestly think that someone contemplating suicide is really going to care that it is "illegal", its also a sin in the bible. But if they are really set on it - nothing is going to stop them from it. Especially if there are no concequences they have to face for breaking the law.

Originally posted by JM Qui-Gon Jinn

Why is that sad? Suicide is a really bad thing, you know. Most of those who commit suicide are teenagers who got dumped by their girlfriend or something. People who really has something to live for, but just can't see what there and then. And what about family and friends? Suicide simply isn't a good thing, and I am glad people do a lot to try to stop it, for example by making it illegal.

About the original topic: People are stupid. In general, I mean, of course, I'm not talking about anyone here. Anyway, these stupid people are suffering from bad diseases, so that the stupid people are even in worse condition to decide on such an important matter on whether they want to live or not. What if they just feel a lot of pain right there and then, so that they don't want to live anymore, right then? If enuthanasia would become legal, I am sure that a lot of those descisions on whether they want to live or not, are not well enough thought through, and people who actually could have good later on in their lives, will die without much reason.

I'm not certain you fully understand the purpose of legalizing euthenasia...it would only be offered to people who have been diagnosed with a terminal disease, one that cannot be cured, and will be painful to endure, and that person must give thier consent. They are going ot die anyway, let them die on their own terms.

If you think about it, what type of world are we living in, if we cannot even choose to end a life full of misery? If we wish to end our lives, we should have the ability to do so. I support the idea of Euthanasia, as we all should have the choice of whether to live or die, it is only right.

Why does it always have to be a sad thing?....I have always planned to kill myself one day and it's not a sad thing or having a bad life...it's just that when I'm done with life I will which I think maybe in about 10 years max....

Point is not everyone kills themselves because they are sad....

Originally posted by STTCT

Do you honestly think that someone contemplating suicide is really going to care that it is "illegal", its also a sin in the bible. But if they are really set on it - nothing is going to stop them from it. Especially if there are no concequences they have to face for breaking the law.

Well, having it illegal makes the goverment say like "Don't do it!". If suicide gets legalized however, then the message from the goverment would be understood as "Oh, go ahead, we don't care". It might stop them. And if it stops anyone, then it is worth it.

Archived