Home

Time to run the gamut: Drugs.

mercatfat

Seeing Wakky_Baccy's avatar, I knew I had to make this topic. It had to happen eventually.

Drugs. Should they be legalized or not? If so, completely legal or legal in doses? Should only certain drugs be legalized? Type.

I'll type a defense later, I've typed too much already for the moment.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I don't think they should, except for certain life or death medical situations. But is it true that places that have legalized drugs have less problems with them? Becuase teens do drugs to be cool or rebellious so if its made legal, they wouldn't be doing anything wrong and maybe the drug problem would lower. What do you think?

I highly doubt that legalizing drugs would improve the situation. Alcohol is illegal and there are a LOT of people killed every year by drunk drivers....and tobacco is legal and people die all the time from lung cancer they got from cigarettes. People do drugs not to rebel, but because they enjoy it. I personally think Marijuana should be legal perhaps, but nothing harder than marijuana.

But look at how many peoples lives have been completely ruined by alcohol. And while one cigarette is not as harmful to the lungs as one marijuana cigarette, people smoke packs upon packs of cigarettes a day, and people smoke maybe 7 marijuana cigarettes a day if they're pretty big pot-heads.

I think if it's legal to smoke tobacco or drink alcohol smoking pot might as well be legal too. If the government regulated marijuana then they could levy a tax against it similar to those on cigarettes, and that would make more money so they could pay for the debt they've caused with the war on drugs. Plus, people have shown that marijuana is a gateway drug...but maybe that's because we've treated marijuana like it's every bit as bad as heroin. So people smoke pot, like it, and find out that they're not completely f***** up.....so since everyone was wrong about marijuana they were probably wrong about all the other drugs.

Just so you know, i do not drink, smoke, or do drugs.

Yes I agree with everything you said about alchohol and thats not what I'm arguing about but since cigs are legal thats why people smoke so many of them because they wouldn't get in trouble with the law. Cigs should be made illegal to because of all the horrible things they put in them (rat poison, fiber glass etc.) It is no different with mary jane because if you buy it off the street they lace them with everything imaginable.

personaly i am against drugs.... i do not think they should be legalized

many people smoke pot thats probably not one of the most harmfull drugs out there, but i dont think it should be legal ,pot isent a direct danger against yourself but it is to the people around you (i think of pot kinda like alchohal), drugs like kokain, heroin etc. should NEVER be legalized they are not just a extremely big danger to yourself but also to others

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

But people would still want the street marijuana because of the things that are laced into it sometimes give people a "longer" or "better" high. And the US could never regulate marijuana becasue of how many people grow it at home, how much of it comes over the border and on cargo ships.

No, the things laced into marijuana simply increase the amount of marijuana they have but it's dilluted and not as potent. Plus if marijuana were legal then people wouldn't be selling it on the streets because the market would be gone. It would also be cheaper to purchase marijuana from 7-11 than any drug dealer.

Yea I guess but the US gov won't ever sell it because the "effects" it causes could make people become violent and commit crimes while their high or just swerve and hit someone. Cigs don't do this. And yes alchohol does this to and I think that the US gov should keep an closer eye on tha tproblem since it would take millions of dollars out of the market if they made alchohol illegal.

Originally posted by Reborn Outcast

Yea I guess but the US gov won't ever sell it because the "effects" it causes could make people become violent and commit crimes while their high or just swerve and hit someone. Cigs don't do this. And yes alchohol does this to and I think that the US gov should keep an closer eye on tha tproblem since it would take millions of dollars out of the market if they made alchohol illegal.

I've never seen anyone high on pot that gets violent. It calms them more than excites them. And people who drive while high are actually drivers than people drunk because while their reactions aren't as good as sober people, they're very very cautious because they don't want to get caught, and they still have enough control over their mind that they realize that they are driving impaired.

While it would be nice if drugs were legalized, it's probaly not gonna happen for a long time, if ever. Drugs have been "bad" for so long, that regardless of the facts, people will always believe they are bad. Also, there are so many anti-drug institutions now that it would be damn criminal to legalize drugs. What happens to the DEA, and other such orginizations? There would be thousands of unemployed families. Countless dollars have been put toward the "War on Drugs", and now the government would reverse its stance on the situation? Very doubtful.

But oh, wouldn't it be nice if they were legal? To smoke a joint with some friends after work, and not have to worry about losing your job. To take some amphetimines so you can pull that all nighter to study, and still be fresh for the test in the morning? To enjoy a nature day trip, with a little tripping of your own?

The positive effects greatly outweigh the negative.

Originally posted by munik

Drugs have been "bad" for so long, that regardless of the facts, people will always believe they are bad.

Regardless the facts?? The facts are that drugs kill you. You may try to debate this to all eternity, but it won't become less true. And who here will not agree that all that kill you is bad? Drugs aren't "bad", they're BAD!

But oh, wouldn't it be nice if they were legal? To smoke a joint with some friends after work, and not have to worry about losing your job. To take some amphetimines so you can pull that all nighter to study, and still be fresh for the test in the morning? To enjoy a nature day trip, with a little tripping of your own?

Please, please, tell me you are kidding!

The positive effects greatly outweigh the negative.

Oh yea and to accidentally put to much acid on your skin and die within seconds or minutes. SOUNDS GREAT!!!... Tell me you're not serious.

No, I'm not kidding. I guess we just have different tastes.

Lots of things will kill you, that doesn't make them bad. And not all drugs will kill you, legal or illegal. Many Schedule II and III drugs can kill you if used improperly, just as some Schedule I drugs can kill you if used improperly.

Instead of education by "Just Say No", there could be more education about using drugs, such as dose limits, effects, quality, etc. Maybe there would be less dying from drugs.

Instead of education by "Just Say No", there could be more education about using drugs, such as dose limits, effects, quality, etc. Maybe there would be less dying from drugs.

No because people will get hooked and their body will end un having a dependence on the drug which will cause them to use more and more per day and eventually they will die.

Archived