Home

Trade Federation Control Ship MP Map

Breath

:deathii: Here is a screenshot from the first room of Trade Federation Control Ship Multiplayer Map that I recently started to create.

:deathii: It's the room where Obi Wan and Qui Gon are trapped and gas is coming out of the floor (in Episode I).

I would be glad to here your opinion.:) Please be honest :D ,

picture001.jpg

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing you just used some bespin textures? basic and basic2 or something like that? I would love to see this map with custom textures, it looks like all that room needs is a paint job to make it look like the actual movie set.

You can find some useful textures in the standard set, one that comes to mind is cairn/eledoor (I think), a shiny metal elevator door. For exteriors, the exterior textures for Cairn and the doomgiver would probably work well, and for now, some of the Coruscant or Lady Luck textrues could do nicely.

Looks like it has lots of potential, but as it stands, it is far too bland, it needs fine details, which come entirely from the textures you choose!

Perhaps for reference material(some?) you could refer back to the original The Phantom Menace psx game. Or maybe Jedi Power Battles. Perhaps you could add a few tanks in the area Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon talked about the negotiations(or wherever they were), and perhaps you could also create the hangar and other passages that weren't in the movie or games.

Here are two more screenshots from the same room:

First screenshot

Second Screenshot

In the second screenshot the door is opened. ;)

I'm guessing you just used some bespin textures? basic and basic2 or something like that?

No, I make new textures. In some cases I use some textures from the game.

Looks good. And thinking to what Tnuc said, that looks exactly like the room from The Phantom Menace for PC version.

Perhaps for reference material(some?) you could refer back to the original The Phantom Menace psx game.

Some of the map's places are inspired from the Phantom Menace game.

and perhaps you could also create the hangar and other passages that weren't in the movie or games.

It's in my plans.

looks good, excep the skybox looks a little blurry, any chance you could (make a new one?) make those stars a little shaper?

The stars skybox is from the game, so I don't think that I need to create a new one for the time being.

• 2 weeks later...

dude are you on TPM TC team? if not, you should get with them about putting this in SP. I loved the Control ship on jedi power battles (even though i never owned it) and on the phantom menace game (except for the parts in the vents), and would be thrilled to see this in JKII SP, especially with the awesome toonces models.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently started to create the hangar. I have reached 7500 brushes and I expect to release the map Spring/Summer time period.

The "Spring/Summer period" means that the map is possible to be released in May but is also possible to be released in July. It depends from the free time that I will be able to spend creating the map.

Archived