Jump to content

Home

Trade Federation Control Ship MP Map


Breath
 Share

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by Eldritch

I think he's referring to the place where the Neimodians talked with Queen Amidala... the place that Qui-Gon tried to cut into with his saber.

That place is called the 'bridge' of the ship.

 

Yeah, Eldritch has it right. That's the place I'm talking about.

 

By the way, it's also the place where one Neimoidian sits in a command chair and orders the activation of the battle droids. (And in another scene, you can see many command chairs occupied by more Neimoidians to the sides of that central chair).

 

I think it would be great if we could go fight in the bridge of the Trade Federation Control Ship and see the command chairs, windows, view screens, control panels etc. Unfortunately, it would take a lot of work though. :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the Viceroy room. I have already done the floor, the windows and all the other objects except from the chairs, the video wall where Amidala appears and the ceiling.

It's not done yet, so I haven't release any screenshots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Chewie Bakker

Heh, you should've used a Qui-Gon or Obi-wan skin for the screenshots :lol:

 

:gben: The Force will be with you, always

Or better yet, a Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan model. The bridge looks like a great start, Breath. And that video wall should be pretty easy to do with a shader.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you all BLIND or something? Do you maybe remember CHAIRS around the table??? I see ONE when it should be TEN exactly. Then the consoles on the table glows in the movie. Then theres the string of lights(?) at the base of the table, NOT in the movie at all. more details that are WAY wrong about the table. Table in game go straight down from the base up. While in the movie its more like / only its around 45 degrees. Infact why dont you first watch the movie... look how the table LOOKS LIKE then you can trash the one you have ingame and make one that looks like the table from the movie. The rest of the room is just great. very good details. The textures ARE infact much much more grey-ish. With grey-ish textures a table that looks like the one in the movie and chairs, with all that then you got yourself almost a replica of the room seen in the film.:jawa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whether or not the table actually has those faults you mentioned, it seemed able to convince everyone else in this thread that it was the accurate table. When mapping, you sometimes have to sacrifice certain elements of accuracy for other reasons (performance, file size, etc).

 

The greyness of the textures was discussed in the beginning, though. Breath is using the textures from the Phantom Menace game, and those are the colors they have.

 

I agree with you though... I think the textures should be edited to make them more grey, as seen in the movie. It wouldn't be hard to do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The greyness of the textures was discussed in the beginning, though. Breath is using the textures from the Phantom Menace game, and those are the colors they have.

 

I DON'T use textures from the Phantom Menace game. 90% of map's textures are custom, created by myself. The rest 10% of map's textures are from Jedi Outcast.

 

The textures in the first room are actually grey. The lights are giving this brown color to the room. I could have done all the map grey, like the movie, but it's not my purpose to be so accurate.

I just want the textures and the lights to make the map's atmosphere to be like the Phantom Menace game atmosphere. To be like the Phantom Menace game atmosphere means to be like the movie's atmosphere.

 

 

Are you all BLIND or something? Do you maybe remember CHAIRS around the table??? I see ONE when it should be TEN exactly

 

Yes, the chairs are ten in the movie. In the final version of the map, the chairs will propably be six.

But you don't need to be so agressive just for the number of chairs. I can place hundreds of them especially for you, Tuna'ckz.

It's just a copy-paste job...

 

 

Infact why dont you first watch the movie...

 

I inform you, my friend, that I have watched at least 20 times this part of the movie.

It's not posible to make a map so accurate to the movie. But it's posible to make a map very similar to the movie (like my map).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Tuna'ckz

Are you all BLIND or something? Do you maybe remember CHAIRS around the table??? I see ONE when it should be TEN exactly. Then the consoles on the table glows in the movie. Then theres the string of lights(?) at the base of the table, NOT in the movie at all. more details that are WAY wrong about the table. Table in game go straight down from the base up. While in the movie its more like / only its around 45 degrees. Infact why dont you first watch the movie... look how the table LOOKS LIKE then you can trash the one you have ingame and make one that looks like the table from the movie. The rest of the room is just great. very good details. The textures ARE infact much much more grey-ish. With grey-ish textures a table that looks like the one in the movie and chairs, with all that then you got yourself almost a replica of the room seen in the film.:jawa

Jeez, you came here just to rant about someone elses work? Weak.

 

Frankly, the map looks freakin' awesome regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Prime

Jeez, you came here just to rant about someone elses work? Weak.

 

Frankly, the map looks freakin' awesome regardless.

 

yeah i agree this map rules i saw the trailer that was made and it rocked :)

 

plus he hasn't finished it Tuna'ckz and he may decide to have less chairs cause if it wasn't for him there probably wouldn't be a trade federation map cause i think its a great idea

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Breath

I DON'T use textures from the Phantom Menace game. 90% of map's textures are custom, created by myself. The rest 10% of map's textures are from Jedi Outcast.

My mistake. If I insulted you, I apologize. It wasn't my intention.

 

It's not posible to make a map so accurate to the movie. But it's posible to make a map very similar to the movie (like my map).

This was really the point I was trying to make. Sorry if I garbled the message.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Right now the map is 50% done. The other 50% includes some underlevel areas (similar to the underlevel areas from the TPM game), many secret areas, the bot route, power ups placing and the sound effects.

 

I am satisfied with the current map size. When I complete the underlevel areas that I mentioned before the map will be really big. Don't expect much news for the map until 15th June because I study for the exams. Wish me good luck.;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...