Home

Unnamed Jed1

OMFG! Jesus christ it's a game morons, not a way of life. What the hell is happening with today's youth? This is the most ridiculous rpg noob crap I've seen. Things like this is why our community is so freaking fragmented. I'm gonna find these kids and lame them just so I get on their list.:mad:

i was elite in jk and ut and was hopoing for UT2k3 to save me, but when i realized it was designed for newbs i gave up. i played jk2 late too sicne i thought it was so slow. even with ragespeed and sj u still can't get no where near the speed of FF oasis strafe running. and the conc. i miss it

riiiiiiight, well it depends on how the "lamers" are laming, i mean if they repeatedly strike people down with the chat box over their heads, or they when they're unarmed or something, i can see where some kind of action should be taken, but i think they may be taking this too far, but then again i really don't know how they do things

Jesus..

My first reaction is pretty much like Unnamed Jed1's:

" .................................. "

I've played against RED and RSO (=convicts). Can't remember how they played though.. But next time I'll keep my eyes open. :D

LOL --> "All games must be played fairly in any situation as it does create annoyances for other players."

Fairly? So if you got a repeater and he has a bryar, you must switch to a bryar too?

If someone is annoyed, you need to change the way you play the game? What if changing the way *I* play annoys *ME*? :rolleyes:

"Do not gang up on a person in a death match. The true art of dishonour."

Ummmm...I always though it was kinda fun when some guys ganged up on me or vice versa? Oh well...

I'm not going to nit-pick their code, but oh man; reading this stuff with "honourable" as every other word ... it just makes me want to puke. It's a game FFS! Who do they think they are?! Deciding how a game should be played on the behalf of the whole comminuty! Who the hell made them Police?

I bet they're the ones running those Vulcanus modded servers with 20 people walking around doing nothing except trying to expose "dishonourable" players who actually want to PLAY A GAME when they log on.

I hate clans. It seems they're either these trash-talking egomaniacs (no offense guys :D ) or holier-than-thou morons who can't separate a Game from real life. :mad:

About this Jedi code thing. Only light Jedi would or should abide by it. Where does this leave the dark Jedi? HAHA its not like dark Jedi are "HONERABLE" fighters. Their backstabbing, unfair, would use any means to kill you and WOULD strike you down defenceless. This means that a dark Jedi doing what he is suppost to do is always hacked to bits for it.

"Thats not very Jedi like"

Multiplayer sounds like it kind of sucks in JK2 with humans. The bots are out to kill you regaurdless where as humans have to play by strict laws that forbid them from doing what they should. A Jedi shouldn't be talking while in a fight anyway.

Yes.

But some people don't want to play a game, they want to pretend to be a Jedi and everyone else should act according to their own little Code Of Honour or they start crying like little babies.

On the other hand: some people think it is okay to be a jerk just because the others can't see you hiding behind your daddy's comp.

We are playing against PEOPLE here, not bots.

If I was in a game with humans I wouldn't be a jerk. I'd prefer dueling with someone not jumping around trying to backstab and kill everyone that is chatting. Although I assume there would be alot of jerks out there that would do anything just to get a higher score than everyone else by doing things that put others off. If I were in a game with humans I would at first stay my force powers and play a defencesive role. And whatever anyone used on me I would use it right back at them. If they tried things on me that I didn't like the thing to do would be do it back to them or find a way to counter it. I can see it being very annoying being constantly pushed into a bottomless hole all the time. I'd prefer a good saber clash.

I screw with people and trash talk like a drunken sailor.

That said it is just in fun, much in the way a comedian screws with his audience. I have never meant a person harm or gone so far as to insult people with racial slurs or religious defamation.

I have no problem with RPG stuff, and really I have no problem with people role playing in JK2. Where my problem lies is these people tend to frequent servers where others are NOT role playing and try to enforce it on them. To some of us it is just a video game, much in the way Quake or Unreal Tournament is. We play to kill stuff and blow **** up.

Where I also see this "honor" crap tossed up most frequently is when someone "tries" to win, fails and cries that they were "lamed".

Go to the FotS server sometime to see what I mean.

They have full Force enabled and will come right up and drill you regardless of typing, saber down, whatever.

Now surprise them and beat the Hell out of them (not a difficult task) using anything other than a saber and you are called a scripter/lamer/Force whore and kicked (or banned in the case of most of clan SF).

I mean really people, "DO NOT ATTACK THE UNARMED" messages on the motd?

What is the worst that can happen, a video game character dies and re spawns? They were not playing to begin with so who cares if they "die"? No one got hurt, no lives were destroyed, no children hurt.

Yes people can be ******** online, a perfect example is the drop bug on duel servers. Having someone drop you back into spec mode after waiting 15 minutes to play is quite frustrating. But in the end it is no more harmful than a prank call on the telephone.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Fairly? So if you got a repeater and he has a bryar, you must switch to a bryar too?

If someone is annoyed, you need to change the way you play the game? What if changing the way *I* play annoys *ME*? :rolleyes:

Hell yes, I would choose the bryar over the repeater everytime if facing a repeater or bryar user.

Archived