Home

Comments from New Yorkers on rebuild of WTO

Father Torque

I think he meant WTC...:D

Anyways, I think they should build a memorial and leave it that way for thousands of years to come. They need a section honoring the victims, and also showcasing the brave firefighters who risked their own lives to save others. The generations after us need to see how this affected our country and the world. I think many many people were showing true bravery and courage that fateful day, and people need to learn and celebrate that, instead of buliding some stupid super-tall tower again, wasting money, and essentially forgetting what the hell happened that day and how it changed the face of the planet.

I think they should go with a more elaborate setup of the buildings. I liked the design where it was 2 buildings that looked like Hollywood squares joined together at the ends. Did you also here that they are using the steel from the WTC to build a new naval ship call the USS New York.

As a Scot i dont have any real say on what happens at the WTC and ground zero.

to see things from a different view on things, i would hope most americans would agree. that the site, must be remembered for all TIME to come.

I would erect a simple statue within a Garden memorial. The statue would be the three firemen raising the American flag!

yes put new buildings up, BUT NOT ON the Original site!

Too many spirits roaming there!

thats my piece.

Hmm, I thought I heard that they agreed that there would the towers would be rebulit, and an memoral at the base or at the top levels. I somewhat agree with rebuilding the towers to seem that nothing changed, that we are still strong as Americans. But at the same time allow the families to visit and remember so I like the idea of both. I also heard there was going to be another memorial at the pentagon also with rebuilding the pentagon but having an add-on for the memorial.

To rebuild something that stands to most of the world as a sign of arrogance, that the US has corporate money to waste building such a large building, will no doubt attract the same kind of people to do something to it AGAIN.....

I would prefer to see some kind of memorial, but have no buildings there at all, just an open area in such a large city, on the island. If you build it again, they will hit it again.

I think subtlety is the key here, not flashy...

Archived