Home

Since Naboo is one of the planets then why can't we be Gungan?

GreekJedi

Hi just became a member. This is my first topic. So if this has been asked sorry.

But about the topic, why aren't Gungans used? Someone might think "well we can play on tattoonie, but u can't be a jawa" but jawas all look the same. All wear the cloak outfit, but there can be alot of different looks to a gungan.

Small, Fat. Short, Tall. Light skin, Dark skin. Different color skin too. And if u compare Jar jar to boss nass and the other gungans that were with Boss u'd see that they're faces are not all the same. Lots of different ways to make one gungans face to look different from anothers.

They seem like a good humaniod species to play as. We see 1,000's of Gungans in TPM but we only see like 1 or 2 wookies in thole saga, and like a few of Greedo's species, but yet we can to use them in Galaxies?

So are the gungans gonna be used in any expansion?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the SWGalaxies.Net Forum!!! :)

I'm Jan Gaarni, one of the Welcomming Committee.

Be sure to check out the Read This First thread at the top of this forum, as it contains some guidelines on how to behave, if you haven't all ready. :)

Most here are friendly and the aggression level is far from what you will find in the Official SWG Boards, so I'm sure you will like it here.

Please feel free to stay as long as you want. :)

And have some chocolate covered gnorts. :D Complementary Juztyn. :p

Also be sure to check out the SWGalaxies.Net site which is connected to these forums. :)

We hope you enjoy your stay here on the SWGalaxies.Net Forums. :)

As for your question, God I hope not. :) But that's my personal opinion. ;)

Good Point :D

..........me thory

If my working out's are correct Galaxies has been in development for over 4-5 years thats like 1998-9 ish....

(This Really scares me if i am right)

The Phantom Menace is 2000 so Naboo did not excist when the game was first in develpoment

So the Gungans did not exist either :D

Thats my Guess any way !!!!!

Or

Could be they just though that Jar-Jar was so anoying that no one would ever one to be or see a Gungan ever again ;) (j/k)

I don't think Galaxies was in dev. way back then. I could be wrong though. I know for a fact the Eps. 1 was 1999.. not 2000 :D . Anyway I think most players would rather be a Wookie than a Gungan so they disregarded the numbers in the movies. I think there will be Gungan NPC's though.

Btw Welcome to the Forums! :D

Since they have Naboo wouldn't the makers of Galaxies know what species live on that planet? And someone said that the NPC's will be Gungan so that means they did make gungans but we can't use them. I'm not the biggest jar jar fan, but i know more about gungans then i do about the bothans or greedo's species or that guy that had a tail around his head in Jabba's place.

I say the more options of species the better.

It will probably be on an expansion if requested enough....but True, they don't venture out much from Naboo (other than Jar-Jar dare we say his name)....plus, your life expectancy would be small I suppose :) People would have gungan killing contests, if they despise them as much as I do :) hehehe

but i know more about gungans then i do about the bothans or greedo's species or that guy that had a tail around his head in Jabba's place.

Well, then this will be a perfect opportunity for you to learn more about them :)

)....plus, your life expectancy would be small I suppose People would have gungan killing contests, if they despise them as much as I do hehehe

LOL hear hear. :D

Now where did I put the link to Jar Jar being shot by GL? :D

Welcome to

SWGalaxies.net

Hi im Wraith 8 your local Moderator.

Please Read this before you post!

If you have any problems what so ever, send a Private Message to me.

Here you have your welcome gift to the forums :D:

*gives a large box full of Chocolate Gnorts*

Well the reason for the gungans not to be a playable specie is most likely the reason of a couple of things.

The devs knew about the gungans way before any of us did... cayse the phantom menace was being filmed when the idea for this game started.

The gungans are a bit like Jawa's. and tuskens.. they are indiginous to Naboo. you dont see them driving around the galaxy... now your first comment is ... BUT JAR JAR DID! and i say... he was for the most part forced.. he had the live debt with Qui gon.. he had to tag along.. and he became a senator because he followed Padme around... othr than that.. you dont see any of them.... so that is what i think the main reason for it.

I hope to see you around more :D

C ya

-Wraith 8-

i see what u mean, but couldn't u take that example and use it for Chewie too? He owns Han a life debt. So he's forced to go where ever han goes (well they buddys now but if he didn't own Han the debt he probly wouldn't have advantured outside his planet)

The only other Wookies we see other then Chewie are the sentor ones in TPM. but by Galaxies time line (Galaxies takes place in the OT time) wookies are enslaved so we really shouldn't be seeing them, but yet we have the option to use them cuz

1. everyone loves wookie, and ppl wouldn't enjoy being them

2. The more species the better.

OK i am wrong my dates are well out :D

Looks like the first anoncment for this game on Starwars.com was March 27th 2000, And TPM was may 1999 ....

I still think that a friend showed me this game in a magazine, and i have not sean this friend of mine since 1999..... So i still think it could have been in development before TPM

But I am wrong on my dates and i apologize :D

First of all, the devs probably took into account that 99% of all SW fans think GL should never have created the Gungans.

Second, for the initial release they have said they were limited on what they would be able to put in the game at first and have made obvious suggestions that some species may be added through patches following release.

I am just upset that they left out some of the most important spacers species, IE. Devaronians, Duros, Ithorians. These are some of the most crucial species for the realism of it. A true to SW game should have these available, not that any species should have been left out. We can only hope that in future expansions and patches they will add in some more species.

Archived