Home

Since Naboo is one of the planets then why can't we be Gungan?

GreekJedi

Gaarni, sadly, you missed the point.

Actually, I didn't miss the point. :)

My point is, that the more we are confronted with these things, the more aware we, hopefully, will become of this sad part of human history, and actually learn from it.

I can perfectly see what you are talking about, and to be honest, I saw it aswell before. But I never went as far as linking it to blacks solely.

This can be applied to any species, race, or nation. It can be linked to the Roman Empire even, fighting far inferior tribes.

If it hasn't happened before to one race, it can happen again in the future if we are not carefull.

It's actually starting again right now: Against the arabs, and muslims.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

Actually, I didn't miss the point. :)

My point is, that the more we are confronted with these things, the more aware we, hopefully, will become of this sad part of human history, and actually learn from it.

I can perfectly see what you are talking about, and to be honest, I saw it aswell before. But I never went as far as linking it to blacks solely.

This can be applied to any species, race, or nation. It can be linked to the Roman Empire even, fighting far inferior tribes.

If it hasn't happened before to one race, it can happen again in the future if we are not carefull.

It's actually starting again right now: Against the arabs, and muslims.

I happen to agree with you totally. Unfortunately, all of the trespasses against the US have been brought by Arabs and Muslims. When something of this magnitude happens, paranoia takes over. This time it takes the form of racism. In any event, the problem roots itself in two individuals, Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden. I feel the world would be a much brighter place without them and can only hope the CIA is taking the appropriate action to eliminate these problems. I feel that war is an unnecessary evil against Hussein. Yet, I feel it is unavoidable. If we snuff out Hussein through assassination, then the Iraqi people have all the more reason to rise against us. Yet if we declare war, we strengthen their cause to hate us. A tough situation to be in. What choice is there? I am sure you feel that perhaps I buy into the politics of the situation. I assure you the tainted onslaught of the US governments accusations by no means affects me. Look at it like this. He's hiding something. He is hindering the UN at every turn. What steps should be taken to find what he is hiding? It truly troubles me that it is even a possibility for such a man to have purchased nuclear war heads from a deteriorating Soviet regime. Again.....I go rambling......and now I fear I have gone WAY Way off topic as well.

Originally posted by Darth_Sidious

In any event, the problem roots itself in two individuals, Saddam Hussein and Osama Bin Laden. I feel the world would be a much brighter place without them and can only hope the CIA is taking the appropriate action to eliminate these problems.

During the 1980's, USA trained Bin Laden to wage war on Soviet attackers in Afghanistan. The major aid was $3 billion, funded by the CIA. Further on, in 1982, Saddam Hussein receives weapons worth several millions from the US government, as long as Hussein assured that they were used against Iran. Isn't it ironic? Let's get the mighty CIA to help us even more! They did such a good job the last time!(just to take things EVEN more offtopic. The CIA won't solve the problem, since they make problems.)

Any action taken in defense of a country has the potential to create an even worse consequence. Is what the CIA did the direct cause of Osama's rise? Probably not, he was raised in a wealthy family and in fact wealthy before the aid of the US government. At the time, problems in Iran dictated that certain preventative action be taken. Sometimes actions like these have adverse and unforeseeable side affects that need to be dealt with at a later date. Sometimes the treatment is worse than the disease. This cannot always be avoided.

In any event, this is way...way off topic and we should either cease this line of discussion, or create a new thread in the off topic forum.

The Phantom Menace, at its core, is a movie about a group of people that forget their prejudices and join together for a common goal. In a way, The Phantom Menace is about stereotyping and racism and overcoming them. The Naboo don't like the Gungans because they believe the Gungans are just stupid and warlike, and the Gungans don't like Naboo because they believe the Naboo think they're better than them. It's only when they put these beliefs behind them and see how they really were, were able to put their resources together to get rid of the threat against them both. The Gungans lured the army away from Theed while the small group of the Naboo got into the palace to capture the Viceroy and shut down the army. The Phantom Menace is in the end about anti-racism, destroying your pre-conceptions of someone and actually getting to know them.

In that way, it's quite possible that the film was trying to parallel how the British Troops and the Zulus had certain pre-conceptions of each other, if only for the beginning of the film. I've only seen a bit of the film Zulu though, so don't quote me on that.

U know i hope the person that brought up that George Lucas is raciest should get banned. U know this topic was going just fine till u brought up your raciest ideas!

It pisses me off when black ppl always thing somethings raciest, but yet they're the most raciest of them all! Do u see white ppl ever complain that something on TV is making white ppl look bad? No cuz they dont care. Why are black ppl so OVER protective about they're color?! NO ONE CARES!

There is no more slavery, there is no more raciest! The only time i hear of raciest things is when black ppl bring it up. Sorry for getting pissed here, and i might get banned, but i have to say what i feel cuz this topic is pissing me off.

You know if white ppl did HALF the things black ppl did we'd be called raciest but black ppl aren't called raciest.

I'll give u an example.........

Almost ALL black stand up comedians compare black ppl to white ppl and always make fun of the white ppl, saying blacks are betting. But god forbid a white guy go on stage and compare blacks to whites and make whites look better............you know why whites dont do that?..........cuz that'd be raciest. BUT its ok for blacks to do that? doesn't make sense to me.

And also theres the Soul Music Awards. Which means awards just for black artist. But again God forbid we have a White Music award. You know why cuz that'd be raciest, but again its ok for blacks to have just black music awards?

And BBC =Black broadcast Channel (i think) Channel just for black. if we had a channel called JFWC = Just For Whites Channel that'd be raciest......but again blacks can have their own channel?

And the thing that pisses me off the most is black ppl call themselves n#ggers. But yet they get furious if anyone else calls them N#ggers. Why? If a parent goes up to a child and says "dont f#cken swear" u think the parent has a right to get mad at the child if the parent keeps swearing. dont just tell ppl what u want, u have to do the same thing your asking ppl to do.

It'd be like a fat kid hating when ppl call him fat, but yet he goes up to someone who is fatter then him and calling that person fat. I wouldn't feel sorry for the first fat kid because he's not treating that other fat kid the way he wants to be treated.

Sorry if this gets a few of you mad. I dont know if i'll get banned or not, but i'm just expressing my opionion, just like that one girl says Lucas is Raciest for making gungans seem black.

Man thats pathetic. (and dont say i'm pathetic cuz i can't spell some words. i pretty sure i've mis spelled plenty of words, but come on i'm Greek what do u expect? :) )

Wow this thread has REALLY gotten off course, sorry if I helped contribute to that problem.

Learning History I can see why blacks are 'touchy' there has been REAL Racism against blacks done to blacks that are still alive today. Now I am not talking about the daily problems you have where you run into someone who dislikes you because of your color. I am talking about laws that would not allow them to eat in certain places or to go to certain places.

I think the wounds created by racism are real, I belive racism is real. Yet I do think some black people are too touchy. I walk a fine line of understanding why they are touchy and thinking hey you just need to lighten up. They have real reasons for being touchy.

setsuko with all do respect I don't think you understand polotics. The time period of or AID to Iraq was when Iran was our enemy. We (our government) made choices to support our enemies enemy,but don't think we ever forgot the truth. There is an old saying "the enemy of my enemy is still my enemy" They did not BLINDLY help Suddam. And the weapons he got from us were all exhausted. The weapons he used to fight us in Desert Storm were Soviet made weapons. Some Chinese. I am not saying I agree with all that was done, but one has to look at it factually. At the time of the said events it was more scary to us to have Iran as the largest supplier of oil than it was to have one villian with an even larger suppy of liquid gold to worry about. Some have said there is proof that we helped only as much as was needed to keep Suddam from losing, but not enough to allow him to win.

As for supporting osama bin laden, I am not sure where the figures someone typed as monetary amounts come from, but again he was a calculated event, a necessary evil of the time to stop the former Soviet Union from taking over Afganistan. None of the training we gave him should have caused him to attack us.

We help you stop the USSR so you kill us? Come on! Nor did they ever train him to use commercial airlines to run into buildings, so the hint that we caused that has set me off, and I am displaying that I am touch as well.

Sorry

Roy

KKK is flat out raciest. the ppl in here are so freak out about a MOVIE. thinking raciesim is in the movies. thats what ticked me off. obviously there is racisim in the world. I'm just saying how stupid it is for some ppl to think racism is everywhere and they make a good thing seem bad a.k.a Gungans.

OMG people chill out! If you think someone makes a movie that is racist, don't support it (or other things they do). But keep it to yourself, don't force your opinion on me! Let me make my own decision. If someone is doing what you (those that think any SW movie has any racism) think is wrong, and enough people see it, they will go out of business very quickly.

Sure it's a free country and you can say what you want, but I can also do what I want. Try that in one of those countries mentioned above like Iran, Iraq, or China. You think minorities in this country have been given a raw deal? Sheesh!

just plan Mad! :mad:

Does anyone else think this has gotten a little out of hand? Just checking. Set and I went off topic a little bit, but I don't think either of us meant for anything to go this far. We were having intellectual conversation and I think some people may be taking this a little personal. If you seriously need to continue this, then try doing it through some PMs or go to a chatroom somewhere, but seriously, this topic could become very heated and I think we should bring it to a close. Let's just say that Racism is a very touchy subject, you may feel that some take it too seriously, but they may feel that you are not taking it seriously enough. In any event, this isn't something we REALLY need to discuss on these boards. Now everybody kiss and make up.

Like I said, the way I know her, she ain't black. :)

But then again, I've never asked her what color she is either, cause it really don't matter to me.

Why she is so overprotective? I don't know. She's the only one who can tell you that. :D

As for the correctness of your post, I didn't have time to actually read it thoroughly before, but in essence I agree with that. :)

But I totally understand why black people (not all of them of course) go totally nuts when a white person makes fun of a black person. What must be remembered here is that the white (again, not all of them) have oppressed the black for centuries, even in the previous century (20th).

Most of those things you listed, in a way, I think they deserve those priviliges. The white has had them for eons already.

But at the same time, I fear it will lead to humans becomming even more divided.

But I won't ramble on any more. Most here has said how they feel about this, and we should end it here.

Let's try to avoid turning this forum into the GAT, shall we? :p

Infact, let's strive to keep all of SWGalaxies.Net Forums GAT free. :D

GAT = General Any Topic, forum found on the Station!

20 species? thats cool. i think the more the better. well i think gungans would make a great species to play as.

lets see what else could we be.....

oo ki adi mundis specie would be cool.

Yoda's to unique. i wouldn't want to see 100's of yoda's walking around

What about that one specie in ANH in the catina that hammer head guy. dont know if u know who i'm talking about. well if u do then yeah that could be a good specie. maybe him and the band player guys. make a group out of them

Originally posted by GreekJedi

20 species? thats cool. i think the more the better. well i think gungans would make a great species to play as.

lets see what else could we be.....

oo ki adi mundis specie would be cool.

Yoda's to unique. i wouldn't want to see 100's of yoda's walking around

What about that one specie in ANH in the catina that hammer head guy. dont know if u know who i'm talking about. well if u do then yeah that could be a good specie. maybe him and the band player guys. make a group out of them

uhmmm i didnt say they are making 20 species..... but whern they BEGUN devolping the game.. they were PLANNING on 20 species.. and it turned to 8..... now i have no idea if they are gonna expand that number or not. dont get your hopes up.

Hammerhead = Ithorian

Band = Bith

;):D

And Thrackan, I have no idea. :p

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by GreekJedi

U know i hope the person that brought up that George Lucas is raciest should get banned. U know this topic was going just fine till u brought up your raciest ideas!

It pisses me off when black ppl always thing somethings raciest, but yet they're the most raciest of them all! Do u see white ppl ever complain that something on TV is making white ppl look bad? No cuz they dont care. Why are black ppl so OVER protective about they're color?! NO ONE CARES!

There is no more slavery, there is no more raciest! The only time i hear of raciest things is when black ppl bring it up. Sorry for getting pissed here, and i might get banned, but i have to say what i feel cuz this topic is pissing me off.

You know if white ppl did HALF the things black ppl did we'd be called raciest but black ppl aren't called raciest.

I'll give u an example.........

Almost ALL black stand up comedians compare black ppl to white ppl and always make fun of the white ppl, saying blacks are betting. But god forbid a white guy go on stage and compare blacks to whites and make whites look better............you know why whites dont do that?..........cuz that'd be raciest. BUT its ok for blacks to do that? doesn't make sense to me.

And also theres the Soul Music Awards. Which means awards just for black artist. But again God forbid we have a White Music award. You know why cuz that'd be raciest, but again its ok for blacks to have just black music awards?

And BBC =Black broadcast Channel (i think) Channel just for black. if we had a channel called JFWC = Just For Whites Channel that'd be raciest......but again blacks can have their own channel?

And the thing that pisses me off the most is black ppl call themselves n#ggers. But yet they get furious if anyone else calls them N#ggers. Why? If a parent goes up to a child and says "dont f#cken swear" u think the parent has a right to get mad at the child if the parent keeps swearing. dont just tell ppl what u want, u have to do the same thing your asking ppl to do.

It'd be like a fat kid hating when ppl call him fat, but yet he goes up to someone who is fatter then him and calling that person fat. I wouldn't feel sorry for the first fat kid because he's not treating that other fat kid the way he wants to be treated.

Sorry if this gets a few of you mad. I dont know if i'll get banned or not, but i'm just expressing my opionion, just like that one girl says Lucas is Raciest for making gungans seem black.

Man thats pathetic. (and dont say i'm pathetic cuz i can't spell some words. i pretty sure i've mis spelled plenty of words, but come on i'm Greek what do u expect? :) )

As a young(22) black man, I tend to agree with this guy.

Black people, we are QUICK to yell racism over any and everything. Yet, we stubbornly refuse to acknowledge our own racism. Black people are some of the most racist people on the planet. I am black, and I will admit that. it is a double standard. African-Americans are 'pro-black', but white folks are 'racist'. The majority of the Black community would rather use the race issue as a crutch to have things handed to them, rather than work for them. Jobs for instance. A Black Man and a white man are applying for the same job, and they are both equally qualified. if the black man gets the job, then the white man says 'well, i didn't get the job' and simply goes out and looks for another one. the white man gets the job, and the black man says 'waaah! the only reason he got the job is because he's white!' and he sits at home and complains about it, instead of continuing his job search. ever think that just MAYBE....just maybe the white guy has the same talents as you? maybe he did better in his interview? maybe his resume was a bit more impressive looking? or is every single case one of blatant racism? the employers don't tell you who they hired, if you are not chosen. maybe he hired A DIFFERENT black man? just some thoughts.

like I said, Black People use Race as a crutch for everything. Listen to today's so-called black 'leaders' and 'intelligent men'. almost all of them use race as a crutch to stand on. If they were really intelligent, they might be able to come up with something a little better than begging for things to be freely given to them to compensate for things that happened over half a century ago, and that they personally had NOTHING to do with.

name one of todays current Black Leaders who was a slave. yet how many of them are still shouting for reparations for slavery?

that's like me demanding a refund for something i didn't buy.

and we can flower up our statements with as much 'intelligence' and 'knowledge' as you want to. but when you break things down, take out all the multi-syllable words, pro-black cliches, and claims of fighting racism, you are left with nothing but blatant racism from US, the Black People. Most people don't 'fight' racism. they 'lean' on it.

and again, so that you realize, I am a 22 year old married Black Man. so don't throw race at me.

Archived