Home

Finally,the next harry potter book is done.

Tyrion

On MSN,it said that the 5th harry potter book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix's, has been written and will come out in the US and Britain sometime in June.

Great,I've waited to read a new book for a while,I thought it wouldnt come out considering Howling got enough money from the movies..

Comes out June 21st.

And J.K. Rowling is one of the richest women in Britain. She writes because she loves to write, and she loves the story, not because she needs the money. :rolleyes:

I've waited almost 3 long years to read this book... I never had any doubts that she was going to write it, yet so many people prematurely jumped on the "she's rich, she's not finishing the series" bandwagon.

And following up this good news, I'll be releasing my open beta version of Hogwarts map sometime next week. :D

Originally posted by ET Warrior

YES!!!!!! I actually JUST read the books and finished them on monday. I'm very excited to hear that.

If Rowling didn't finish the series i think people would mutiny and kill her.....too many crazed harry potter fans out there ;)

this crazed fan can agree.... wth took you people so long?

btw, I did the math, and this should be a proper sized book... 950 or so pages this time around...

if someone makes fun of you for reading it, i'd beat them with it :D

Originally posted by Tyrion

Great,I've waited to read a new book for a while,I thought it wouldnt come out considering Howling got enough money from the movies..

Just because you have money doesn't mean that you suddenly have super writing powers! :rolleyes: You know, books take time to write, they don't grow on trees (well technically.... n/m)

Besides, this book is gonna be like 400 pages longer the others. I think that extra 400 pages justify a longer time to write it.

Originally posted by SPY_jmr1

this crazed fan can agree.... wth took you people so long?

btw, I did the math, and this should be a proper sized book... 950 or so pages this time around...

if someone makes fun of you for reading it, i'd beat them with it :D

According to the article I read today in the paper, it said that this book is about 1/3 longer than Goblet of Fire, which was a more than respectable 700+ pages in hardcover (not sure what it is in paperback... I don't own the paperback copies). 950-1000 pages sounds about right.

Just because you have money doesn't mean that you suddenly have super writing powers! You know, books take time to write, they don't grow on trees (well technically.... n/m)

Besides, this book is gonna be like 400 pages longer the others. I think that extra 400 pages justify a longer time to write it.

She also got married and had another kid, I believe. I imagine she also wanted to take some time off... she had published one book a year from 1997 to 2000, which means she was doing a LOT of writing. A nice 3 year break was probably just what the doctor ordered. I don't expect such a long wait between books 5 and 6.

Originally posted by Rogue Nine

Well, The Order of the Phoenix was expected earlier this year, but wasn't because Rowling had a case of writer's block. It simply wasn't finished yet. But patience is a virtue and if her past books are any indication, this one should be well worth the wait.

That's the same rumor we've all heard (about the writer's block). Unless you know her personally, or there is an article where she admits it, I'll consider it just that - a rumor and nothing more.

You're right, though... this one should be well worth the wait. :)

Most of the comment I heard about her slowness in getting this book finished was the case of now that Harry Potter had been seen on the big screen, the books had to outdo what was on it.

Then again I have never read Harry Potter, or never watched the movies.

Originally posted by Tyrion

On MSN,it said that the 5th harry potter book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix's, has been written and will come out in the US and Britain sometime in June.

FINALLY ive benn waiting for that book for along time. ever sence i finished reading all the books...twice which was like a year ago

Bunch of spells and witchcraft with demonic things hidden inside the books (seriously), and even if it wasn't, it's some little nerd getting "revenge" with power, that really doesn't exist at all.

Maybe you haven't realized this......not to kill your fantasies or anything.....but just between you and me......

The force doesn't exist either man. :p

Originally posted by RpTheHotrod

I don't like Harry Potter.

Bunch of spells and witchcraft with demonic things hidden inside the books (seriously), and even if it wasn't, it's some little nerd getting "revenge" with power, that really doesn't exist at all. :)

You just described the Old Trilogy

Originally posted by Katarn07

Another... one.... :eyeraise:

:freakout:

:barf:

:explode:

Now look what you made me do! :tsk:

I hate Harry Potter for some reason. I did read the first book and took an instant disliking to the characters.

I also hate the characters. I read 2 books, the 1st one and the chamber. I totally hated the characters, and i really liked the car - train bit in the movie though... that's about it.

Archived