Home

Can't wait for the entire Kyle Katarn Adventures

Qeron

Originally posted by Qeron

It is gonna be a grand day, when one sits with Jedi Knight II : JO and can play Dark Forces, Jedi Knight and JK2 from beginning to end as one adventure!

Can't wait myself, especially after trying the demo...

Sounds good. But you're forgetting Mysteries of the Sith. I wanna see that, now that there is an awesome Mara model out there. Check this out!

MotS Mara

JO Mara

Originally posted by Qeron

I liked playing MoTS, but considering the story it is merely confusing if you consider the timeline of the Expanded Universe!

But if it needs to be made, make it! ;-)

I didn't like it either. Story was thrown together in less than a year. Gameplay was awesome though. Katrassi Spaceport, Kaerobani's base, Ka'pa's Palace... now those were great levels. And JO's story makes MotS's a bit better.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by Katarn07

I didn't like it either. Story was thrown together in less than a year. Gameplay was awesome though. Katrassi Spaceport, Kaerobani's base, Ka'pa's Palace... now those were great levels. And JO's story makes MotS's a bit better.

IMHO...they should have made Mara's journey simply a quest for Kyle. The whole thing would have gelled together if she'd been informed early on of Kyle's disappearance - never mind all this 'help the Republic' business. Then it would have made sense grabbing that Holocron...so she could find out the most likely place for Kyle to be.

BTW..I agree that it will be great to play the whole series under the same engine. :cool:

Originally posted by The_One

Bit off topic here, but hey I'm the Mod :p

StormHammer - do you remember a guy around these forums, going back to the days of the Obi Wan forums called "ed_silvergun"?

Thought you might remember him.

Yes, of course. :)

I haven't seen him post for a very long time, now... :( I seem to recall he was taking time out to go somewhere...

EDIT - his last post was 7-10-2002 (July 10th).

Originally posted by StormHammer

Yes, of course. :)

I haven't seen him post for a very long time, now... :( I seem to recall he was taking time out to go somewhere...

EDIT - his last post was 7-10-2002 (July 10th).

Well, incase you're wondering, I am his brother ;)

He took a gap year and went travelling, posted a couple of times when he got back, realised the forums we'ren't what they used to be, and I don't think he's posted since.

Anyway, currently he's at The University of York, England. I might try and get him to start posting again. If I can get him into the Dark Forces MOD, maybe he can post here - about the only JKII.net forum that isn't dominated by strange freaks :p

Not to take this too far off topic, you can contact me at TheOne@darkforces.thegamingunion.com if you want to get his current contact details ;)

Back to the topic, MOTS was, and still is my favourite of the whole DF series. It just made JK way, way better.

Originally posted by The_One

about the only JKII.net forum that isn't dominated by strange freaks :p

I suppose I'll be leaving now...

You know, the EU has explained Dromund Kaas a bit more! I read it in the Insider. I always dismissed it as some dumb thing LEC came up with for that game, but you know, one of the 13 Grand Admirals (he's black, forgot his name, don't feel like digging around for that issue...). The Emperor took advantage of his Force-sensitivity and he was sent there to learn the ways of the Sith, although he was never granted the title of Sith Lord. He died while trying to find the Emperor on the second Death Star.

Also, the whole lightsaber switch got to me. EU has explained that. He built that under Mara's guidance. Why is it blue in JO then? He built that one under Luke's instructions at the Academy, prior to when he quit.

Gameplay was awesome, story ws weak, but all in all, I think I like it better than JO still...

I also like MotS most, not sure why exactly, maybe it's the atmosphere in the whole game.

*drifting off topic*

Okay now I'm getting a little confused regarding the lightsaber. So he built the blue under the instructions of luke, but... The yellow one was actually Yun's right? the Twilek (can't recall his name) broke Katarn's green saber, So Katarn took Yun's yellow saber after he was cut down, so what did he build under Mara's guidance?

Originally posted by Lundquist

I also like MotS most, not sure why exactly, maybe it's the atmosphere in the whole game.

*drifting off topic*

Okay now I'm getting a little confused regarding the lightsaber. So he built the blue under the instructions of luke, but... The yellow one was actually Yun's right? the Twilek (can't recall his name) broke Katarn's green saber, So Katarn took Yun's yellow saber after he was cut down, so what did he build under Mara's guidance?

Boc broke the green one. He took Yun's. After that, before and during MotS, Kyle and Mara helped each other in their learning of the Force. And part of that is... building a saber I guess.

Originally posted by Lundquist

what do you mean what did he build under maras guidance? i dont believe he built a saber during his affiliation with her. then yeah, somehow he got a blue lightsaber, gave it up to Luke and then we all know what happens because of JO.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally posted by Katarn07

Boc broke the green one. He took Yun's. After that, before and during MotS, Kyle and Mara helped each other in their learning of the Force. And part of that is... building a saber I guess.

Each Jedi's Saber is unique and more powerful to the creator, than a lost loser who can't build a saber well enough.

An MOTS Mod would be especially with the lack of Single Player Source Code not technologically feasable, its just so expansive that it would not be able to be done however having said that If the Jedi Knight Mod gets finished (I personally again doubt it will due to lack of Source Code) then it may be possbile but without a source code it is not worth to ponder something as ambitious as an MOTS mod.

I can do everything through Him who gives me strength. Phil. 4:13

But unfortunately, I do not have the skills nor would I want to spend the time sorting out the problems the MOD forebodes. IMO, I believe you editors could make it if you dedicate yourselves to it. That would be pretty cool, now that you've mentioned it...;)

Archived