Home

Information Control

mercatfat

http://asp-cyber.law.harvard.edu/filtering/list.html

This here is a real-time created list of internet sites that China is blocking users of the country's internet from accessing. You'll notice many of them are organizations trying to make peace, such as Tibet.org, as well as places like Google whose Cache system is great for getting around filters. What do you guys think about this practice? I think it's a bit scary, but I understand the way the Chinese government is trying to keep its people from gaining knowledge that might lead them to do something darastic like rise up against them.

Mercatfat, the reason to ban tibet.org is obvious for the Chinese, like Taiwan, they fail to acknowledge that they are really seperate countries. China still believes these places to still be part of the PR of China.

I bet Israel probably doesn't really like any websites that refer to Palestine either.....

Originally posted by BCanr2d2

Mercatfat, the reason to ban tibet.org is obvious for the Chinese, like Taiwan, they fail to acknowledge that they are really seperate countries. China still believes these places to still be part of the PR of China.

I bet Israel probably doesn't really like any websites that refer to Palestine either.....

The reasons may be obvious, but that gives them NO right to block the flow of information to the people. The US may be against having websites that promote terrorism or racism in the US, and i personally don't agree with those websites, but I should be able to look at them if I want to.

Archived