Home

Best Scenes

Katarn07

What kind of displays do you have with your loose figures? I put mine in scenes from the movies. The EU guys are even in scenes depicted in the EU. Kyle is battling Mohc in Darktrooper Armor, Luke and Palpatine's Clone take on Leia... I have the Heir to the Empir guys just standing there, bone of them go in a scene together....

My best scenes are -

Cantina. I have every cantina guy (no duplicates) made and put into the pop up cantina display. Except the band. Never got the entire set, and I have the single one alone in my basement. I plan on getting every new cantina guy they make and packing them into the display. Including the Sandtrooper Army builder set.

Jabba's Palace. I used the pop-up display for this scene too. I have every figure made for this (excluding Ephnat Mon :(), including the band! I have Jabba-glob (best one IMO) chowing down frogs being held in a hairspray cap (the clear thing that tops it...). Below on the lower shelf, right were the Rancor is drawn on the floor, is my Rancor taking on Luke and Oola, with a Gammorean in its mouth. I have Leia in slave on Jabba's throne, and on the opposite side, Leia in Bouschh being captured by Lando. Beside them are Chewie slave and Han that was included with the display. Bomar Monk even has a part. I stuffed him in the door way that has the steps...

Carbon Freezing Chamber. Stormie, Vader, Fett (SotE 2-pack...) Lando (cloth cape), Leia bespin escape, Chewie with 3p0 on his back, ughanaughts, Han carbon block. Pretty basic, but very neat. When stupid Hasbro make the Cloud Car, I'll have to move this to a higher location and hand Slave 1 and the Cloud Car nearby.

Those are my favorites. Other scenes I have are the Naboo plains filled with Battle Droids and Gungans, the Geonosis Arena (I don't have the playset, though), and TPM final battle (on the playsets provided).

I made myself a spiffy looking Endor set once...

Unfortunately, it wasn't with action figures :p

I've done the Final Battle in ROTJ tho with the Luke and Vader light up lightsaber figures.

Originally posted by Jedi220

Just get some of the new Rebel figures that are coming out....

Wait, you have enough ewoks?!?!

:eek:

I have Wicket, and the hang glider one. I am going to retake my Logray with the drums (Target exclusive accesory pack item, don't worry, I have them in and out) and get a Saga Teebo for it. I have a beardless Saga Rebel, but I may get one with a goatee as well. Then, it'd be great. To bad I don't have Paploo on speeder, but I already had an AT-ST...

Originally posted by Katarn07

I have Wicket, and the hang glider one. I am going to retake my Logray with the drums (Target exclusive accesory pack item, don't worry, I have them in and out) and get a Saga Teebo for it. I have a beardless Saga Rebel, but I may get one with a goatee as well. Then, it'd be great. To bad I don't have Paploo on speeder, but I already had an AT-ST...

Wow, sounds like a great setup. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Katarn07

Wow, that's impressive.

Most impressive...

:D

The best way to make dioramas is to go to a Star Wars magazine or book. Find a good pic of an off camera scene, or pics of the set by itself. Preferably one that has no central characters, but alot of extras. Sometimes if you have a little time to play with you can just clone out the actors and use scenes from the movies, but I recomend empty sets, because it is so much easier. Throw that on a scanner and center it on the image. Then magnify it to fit the scale of your figures. Sometimes you have to play around to get the right shot, but its usually pretty easy. Keep in mind that while the paper you print out may look pixelated, once you put it on the shelf and pose your figures, you will not notice the pixels at all. And on some scenes if it is not in scale it will only give the illusion of depth which sometimes works very well too. Wait until you see my Mos Eisley scene. It is not very pixilated and looks simply like a bustling busy street in Mos Eisley. I did it back in 1997, and it still looks great. Sometimes if you have a little time to play with you can just clone out the actors and use scenes from the movies.

Sounds neat. I don't put inserts in my scenes. I wanted to get that ultrarama display thing, but I found it really didn't serve a purpose, so I didn't get one. No room anyways.

If I had that when I was younger, I would have used it as a Death Star playset. I know if you have one of those things, there is a site where you can get printouts of different scenes.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Hmm.... I have a good idea. Buy alot of cheap ewoks, then paint them. That way, instead of having 20 of the same ewok, it will look like there are many varities. ;)

Ewoks 2-pack cost 18 bucks... (not sure how much loose), and Teebo costs 15 bucks. I don't want vintage ones either. If I could find some for less money, I'd mix and match their accesories, repaint them and their accesories, and stick them in there.

I found some Dragon Heart guys at a garage sale and picked them up just for these catapult things. Never put them in my display, but I still plan on doing so.

Archived