Home

There may be a third trilogy after all

Lord Fondlemaid

Originally posted by Pnut_Master

One day movies will have programs as actors.. *cringes*

I hope to the Force that never happens. It would destroy one of the main things that make us want to see movies. Its what performing is all about. If its CG then theres no performance. Even one of the guys at ILM said in an interview that it will never happen. Hope hes right.

Originally posted by JediNyt:

It would destroy one of the main things that make us want to see movies. Its what performing is all about. If its CG then theres no performance.

Gotta disagree with you ther mate. Look at "Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within" - a completely CGI movie, and very popular, despite the fact that it cost them US$100 million to make, and it only took US$20 million in the US, I believe. The performances were all there, all realistic, all grapihically stunning. For example:

Dr. Aki Ross 01 02 03

The voice acting was excellent, the script was excellent, the story was a little dicey from the Japanese translation, admittedly, but hey, that's just nit-picking... :p It is possible to completely replace actors with CGI models today, although as you can see from the alien characters in Episode II, even the Obi-Wan CG when he was fighting against Boba Fett, still looks artificial, but with time, as better rendering engines are produced, this look of displacement will be eliminated and full CG actor integration will be undetectable.

Basically, the movements are all motion-captured and transferred onto the computer models, the voices are all recorded and the models are made to lip-synch with the speech, and the graphics will improve to make them look more realistic.

I am a HUGE FF fan, games and the movie, and I agree with him.

It is never going to replace actors. If anything, it gives more jobs, as there is no WAY FF;TSW could have been done live action.

Lok at some of the awesome stuff they did. So much of it would have to be CG effects anyway!

The need for voice overs will cause more demand for trained actors. Getting the right face is one thing, but a voice can convey so much when it reads the line, and you want some of these lines to REALLY hit home.

I would have liked to seen another one, may be going back to their Dark Ages / Magic Ages roots, but unfortunately it did not get the support in the Box Office we had hoped for, and yet again, originality sinks from site as sequels reign!

Thanks peeps - now Microsoft own Squaresoft!

*breathes in and out slowly to srucb residual bitterness from sustem*

Sorry - still not gotten over that... :mad:

Serves the great Beardy Nerf right!

As I have said in many threads pertaining to the canon status of EU, I think it should be as canon as the films.

He vetted, okayed and allowed them all. To turn round and disregard them ALL, and entire continum created on his say so for him from his work, would be insulting to the wrieters and us as fans.

We love them. It's because of the EU stuff that SW is still alive!

Seriously - if it had not been for EU, do you think it would still have the following it does today?

• 4 years later...

Archived