Home

Jk3?

yangyan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll probably never happen.. because LEC seems to have an aversion to letting you play the Bad Guys anymore (not since the days of TIE Fighter and the Original JK), though Bounty Hunter is somewhat encouraging....

Let us do a "What if" Infinities style scenario where we get to play Kyle if he had taken the "Dark Path" in JK.

It could re-tread the events of the original game and immediately after (killing off the New Jedi Knights for example and counquering the New Republic), or much later, when he has to rule his own Empire.

We got the impression that going to the Darkside meant he was going to try to conquer the universe himself (sort of like what happens in the "Dune" series) and ends up having more problems that way.

Could make a cool game.. Dark too. ; )

I'd love to see that as an expasion.. but alas, we'll probably get something along the lines of the "Vong" scenario mentioned above.

Though, facing the Vong as a Darksider might be interesting.

; )

That's actually a great idea Kurgan :D

I always thought the darkside path was much better than the light (come on you get to kill yun! :D) and it made the whole storyline much more interesting in jk1 rather than keeping to storyline (be good, save world)

Well, thus far, all of the DF series games have broken new ground (ie: they haven't retold the story of any EU book... though, I will qualify that, because some allege that the plot of Jedi Outcast closely mirrors that of "I, Jedi"), I don't see why this next game (or expansion) will be any different.

Frankly, I'd rather be surprised. Will it follow events in the EU? Perhaps.

But IMHO, the Vong sound like really lame villians, I just know that they are tied somehow to Kyle's story (read that in one of those "guide to characters" books)... but, who knows.

I'm all for being a good guy and saving the universe. That's always a blast. But what's wrong with taking the road less traveled? Being the bad guys can be fun too.

Speaking of 4D... what's the fourth dimension.. time? How would that work in a game (rhetorically speaking, differently than we've seen before)? ; )

Originally posted by Kurgan

But IMHO, the Vong sound like really lame villians, I just know that they are tied somehow to Kyle's story (read that in one of those "guide to characters" books)... but, who knows.

Errr.... No.

Quite simply - no.

The Vong are the only race to have ACTUALLY SCREWED our heroes. Ackbar, Wedge, Mon Mothma, Imperials, Hapan, Centerpoint, Jedi - you name it, we've treid it. Things are now looking up, but these Vong whom you think sound naff have been the best enemies that the EU has produced.

Read the NJO series from Vector Prime to Destiny's Way then come here and post that again with a straight face!

Just cause they are nearly invincibe, doesn't mean they aren't lame... :D

I think they're all right. Some of the better EU aliens I've seen I hate the Ssiruk, or whatever they're called. That sounds (and they look) lame. :rolleyes:

How about a DF prequel? Like, between JK and MotS????

Sigh... "unstoppable bio-technology cliche" + BS resistance to the force/lightsabers = lame

I mean, I've heard the excuse that "our heroes" are practically immortal, and so they needed to invent an enemy that was able to match them.

Frankly, I think they just lacked imagination, and perhaps were hampered by Lucas's control over the main characters. They could simply have told stories following other characters in the universe, or something else. It's not the readers' fault that they couldn't think of anything else besides endless Dark Jedi and crazed Admirals to throw at the New Republic's finest.

That and the whole thing about the utter shock of anything coming from outside the main galaxy seems to be in contradiction to what we've learned from AOTC (INTERgalactic Banking Clan, twin satellite galaxies in the Jedi Library mapped out... etc). But, we can't blame the EU authors for stuff George didn't tell them about ahead of time!

Oh well, if you like 'em, you've got 'em. ; )

I guess that's why for me.. the best EU stuff is the stuff that follows non-movie characters, like Kyle Katarn, or the Tales of the Jedi comics (despite the possible contradictions with the 1,000 year old Republic). When they have the freedom to mess around and create new characters, they don't have any problem with character shields and so no reason to make their enemies invincible.

Read the NJO series from Vector Prime to Destiny's Way then come here and post that again with a straight face!

Easy for you to say.. that's 14 books!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, having just started o read NJO : Force Heretic I - Remnant, i believe we WILL being seeing a Vong based game.

Reason for this, Kyle Katarn has been in his own bok, games and fan fic. Never before has he been mentioned in official EU material..... before now.

His name was used in the afore mentioned book.

I seriously believe this is a sign of what JKIII will give us... Kyle vs Vong.

I guess I'd rather see it like this... if you admit the Vong exist and are after the SW galaxy, they too HAVE THE FORCE, they just use it to BLOCK the force of others.

So yes, the effect is the same, but it makes more sense in context of how things work. Because if their galaxy is so different that the same rules don't apply (a la Species 8472 in Star Trek Voyager) then they shouldn't still work if they enter the SW galaxy with its different rules.

But, in a game context.. the Vong probably won't be any more silly than having ysalamari or cortosis armor to justify tough to kill enemies even for a Jedi Master.

Well if they actually make another Kyle Katarn related game, it have to be longer, harder, and more advanced than JO...

And if the two latest titles have been "Jedi Knight" and "Jedi Outcast" I think this one should be called "Jedi Master"

I have made a pretend Gamecube box, of two JO Expansions,

"JK3: Jedi Master" and if you choose the dark path "JK3:

Watch them here: (they are not complete)

http://www.bonetweb.com/antonpanton/light.jpg

http://www.bonetweb.com/antonpanton/dark.jpg

:D

Get rid of Kyle, why not start as a young boy/teen (or girl) and give him very basic force powers, he's either recruited by a Sith or a Jedi master depending on the choices he/you make, with two different storylines and objectives. You could customize your appearance as you go along.

You'd see him become an adult and rule the universe or be one of the greatest Jedi Master!. That's basically Anakin's story, and that's why it would be cool.

Nice job ackehallgren, however I should smite you for putting "only for Gamecube" on it. ; p

Btw, I did you a favor and deleted your duplicate posts. This time it's on me... but realize in the future, you DO have the power to edit/delete your own posts. ; )

I reckon they should do like my Family Bond or Crossover mission pack ideas.

Family bond sees two jedi, one light, one dark, and ends with one.... Situation esculates big time - real sense of tie and urgency.

Follow them in alternating missions, so you are forever seeing material from boths sides with new stuff each mission.

Can download what there is of it from my site: The NFX Oracle - Oracle Systems.

The title page has a link to download a zip file with it all in. Nicely laiud out in html files, with some conceptual art.

Crossover added a bounty hunter to the mix, but this time, was a seperate campaign for each, like Half Life & OP & BS.

They would rock.

Archived