Home

Buying off Bounty Hunters

MadMardigan

Hey Gents,

I've been trolling the official site for tidbits of info and came up with an intersting conundrum.

Say I'm a Bounty Hunter, I have been given a Bounty for Darth Sidious (as I'm sure he will have lots of them) for 1000 Credits. I put up 500 Credits as Bond for taking the job. So if I complete the bounty I will receive 1500 Credits. What's to keep me from contacting my target and saying give me 2000 Credits or I will come after you.

MadMardigan

Originally posted by Dr. Zaius

you cant touch darth, i will kill you before you get to him.

I'm with Z. ;)

Seriously though, there is a lot of confusion about that I fear. I think that's just another one of those things we will have to wait for the games release to find out. I guess in theory it is possible, but as BD said, this may give them the opportunity to locate the hunter. Also, there is the possibility that the person paying the bounty may switch the mark to you.

I haven't even started and the hunters are after me. What did I do wrong? :D

Keep in mind, not that it matters (I realize it was just a name you threw out there), Emperor Palpatine will probably not have a bounty on his head. First off, he is the ruler of most of the known galaxy. Secondly, the rebels don't have much funding and would probably not waste it on feeble attempts at his life.

In closing, three letters for you IRG. Nuff said.

:guard: :guard: :guard: :guard: :guard:

Ok, first to clear up some stuff on bounties.

1st, there are two kinds of bounties, PC and NPC and the early ones a PC will get will all be NPC bounties.

2nd, when a BH goes to get a mission he goes to the BH guild and request one from the booth/npc that gives them out. He is given 3 random choices.

3rd, these choices are specific to a certain NPC (if it is a NPC bounty mission, but would never be a named character from the SW universe) or would be a PC (if you are skilled enough to take PC missions) who has failed a normal mission for someone else.

There is never an instance where a PC can go "take out" a bounty on another PC or an NPC for that matter. Bounty missions are ONLY generated when a PC fails a mission given to him. The bond put up for that mission is the reward for the Bounty Hunter if that mission ends up as a Bounty.

I hope that clears it up a bit but back to your original question, could you just contact your target and extort money from him. Yes I suppose you could as you will know is name and he will know yours (the target knows as who you are and that he is being hunted as soon as it starts). Only problem is that that would mean the BH would fail his mission (and no he does not get a bounty on him for failing a bounty mission) and if he did that too much he would loose standing in his profession. Also, whats to say that the BH says, yeah I'll take the 2000 credits, meet me at X alley at 10 pm, then shoots you when you go to meet him.

Good idea though...:)

The game's not even out for month's and all this talk of bountie's...i sense the galaxies are not going to be peaceful for long...oh the inherent evil of man!.

Just give me a blaster i'm gonna be having bounty hunter's for breakfast...:charric::fett:

NANDO SHAR

Sativa Mineral and Gas Corporation

============================

:lsduel:

Originally posted by MadMardigan

Hey Gents,

I've been trolling the official site for tidbits of info and came up with an intersting conundrum.

Say I'm a Bounty Hunter, I have been given a Bounty for Darth Sidious (as I'm sure he will have lots of them) for 1000 Credits. I put up 500 Credits as Bond for taking the job. So if I complete the bounty I will receive 1500 Credits. What's to keep me from contacting my target and saying give me 2000 Credits or I will come after you.

MadMardigan

1000 credits for killing sidious is called a looser bounty hunter who obviously has a deathwish, no money, and a deisre to get famous over night.

I mean come on, it was 5mil for Vosa when Jango got her,

Archived