Home

Kev's Tale: Prolouge

Nakor

Through the forward viewport, the Cor'ee Nebula stretched across space like a gauzy ribbon. It dwindled at one end, down to a point so dark that no light could penetrate it. A black hole. Its intense gravitional field made calculating jump vectors near impossible. Behind it, the stars stretched out into infinity. Torren leaned back in his chair, waiting. He checked his chronometer. His contact was late. He knew that Taggara the Hutt would have his skin if the shipment didn't arrive on time. He nestled further back, anticipating a long wait. He didn't have to wait long.

The Hawk's proximity sensor beeped. Finally, he thought. He glanced at the approaching ship, then started. Instead of the familiar disc shape of Kar Terain's YT-2400, the Starclaw, Torren saw a shape that every pilot dreaded. The distinct three-wing configuration was unmistakable. Too late, Torren realized just how important this shipment was.

He began to calculate an escape, as fast as he could. But he was not fast enough. Green bolts began to fly from the incoming squadron. The Hawk shuddered once, twice. He spared a moment to check the damage readouts. The forward deflector shields were gone.

But I had those shields reinforced... How- A blast caught the StarHawk full on the front. That was all it took. The ship disintegrated into a roiling ball of flame and debris. The Deathblades turned, and made the jump to lightspeed.

It had been many years since the sign had been fully illuminated. At the moment, it read PR NCI G PON . Kev walked into the shady tapcafe, and looked around. His eyes took their time adjusting to the dim light.

.:OOC:.

Kev will pick up bounty on Ryan, is currently looking for a partner

.:OOC:.

finally

Ryan thought, the debris had just come in and now it was time to go to work. He took a final sip of coffee and put on the air tight suit, the Deathblades hadn't used toxic weapons before but there's a first thing for everything. Once inside the debris room, the first thing he noticed was there wasn't much left of what probably had been a fine ship. He noticed that even though it had been recently modified, he hadn't stood a chance. After the routine inspection of finding almost nothing important, he decided it was time to head home through the short way, the alleyway.

On the way home something happened. He was attacked by a group carrying some of those new shock-sticks, hurt a lot, but no permanent damage. The kind someone would use to leave no trace behind. After the attack was over he heard one of the masked people say: "That's a warning not to put your nose where it don't belong".

After the alley was empty he turned around and went back to investigate more on that ship.

He didn't notice the lone figure watching him turn around

(OOC: that got enough reason for the bounty?)

The white-haired man looked up from his table at the visitor. He was the man he was looking for. The seated man took a swig of his drink and pulled out his datapad. He quickly typed a message and sent it off to Kev. It read:

Look to your left. Go to the pillar, turn right, and go to the corner table.

Ryan arrived back at work, drawing many "What the heck are you doing back here?" looks. He went into the debris room and started looking for any method of identification. He finally found part of the nametag. It said: The StarHa wk the last two letters had been scorched by a laser blast.

"Jonesy, Check for any ship ID named the StarHawk, or something similar. Give me owner detail, systems stats, upgrade history, the works."

"On it sir."

Ryan sat back and waited for the results

Kev ducked inside the booth. It was poorly lit, as was the rest of the cafe. The booth had only one occupant. The man sat with his back against the wall, smiling at Kev smugly.

"Well? I'm here. What do you want?" Kev inquired cautiously, still standing.

"Sir?"

Ryan was leafing through a report and turned around

"what?"

"I got it. Name is Tomen, ship had just come in for a shield upgrade"

"what?"

"company is located in a city not too far from here."

"I think it's time to pay these guys a visit, tell the boss we're going over tomorrow, let's go get some sleep"

Ryan and Jonesy headed to their homes respectivly to get some sleep

• 2 weeks later...

OOC: Just having spoken with Nakor, he has told me that he does not have the time to continue posting. Therefore, I have taken possession of Kev.

IC: Kev nodded and sat down as the waitress came over. The Twi'lek slung her lekku over her shoulder and pulled out a datapad.

"What can I get you boys?" she asked.

"I'll take a Zardian Brandy, and my friend here will have a Corellian Ale," the white-haired man replied. "Correct, Kev?"

"Yes," Kev said, sort of stunned. The waitress walked away, going to another table. He turned to the man, face hardened, and leaned over the table. "How did you know my name?" Kev inquired suspiciously. "And how did you know what I wanted to drink? Are you some kind of Jedi?"

The man shook his head. "No, I am not a Jedi. Quite frankly, Kev, I do not think it is Force-sensitivity at all. I suppose you could call it foresight."

Kev sighed. "Who are you?"

"I have many names."

"Who are you now?"

The man smiled. "Right question. My name is Wes Marrakesh," Wes said, holding out a hand. "Nice to meet you, Kev Halcyon."

The Twi'lek waitress came over with the two drinks on the tray. "Here you are, boys. Anything else I can get you?" she asked, swining hewr hips.

"Nothing now, Tla. Thanks," Wes answered. Tla walked away and Wes turned back to Kev. "I know you have many questions about me. It's perfectly natural. But we don't have the time now, and if we did this is not a -ahem- safe place to do it. Now, on t-"

"Hold on, Wes," Kev interrupted. "Why would I trust someone who I know nothing about but who seems to know everything about me?"

Wes sipped his drink. "You want that bounty on Ryan, right?"

Kev nodded. "Is that supposed to be enough reason?"

Wes leaned bak and took another swig. "Strangley, yes..."

• 3 weeks later...

Kev looked up in through the door came a man garbed in black Siting down at a booth across the room the hood of his cloak staring directly at them

The man garbed in black called the waiter over and pointed at them in the booth, The waiter answered something and the man got up, on his arm was a strange insignia

Force Post Condensage! The Edit button is your friend ;)

-Redwing

Archived