Home

Jedi Outcast 2!

RichyBoy

Hey all! It's been quite a while since I last posted on this board, but I just saw one piece of news that I thought you'd all love to hear. Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but I didn't see any other threads or news posted about it, so here goes...

According to HomeLan Fed, during Acitivsions fiscal conference they let slip that a sequel to Jedi Outcast is in the works, scheduled for release in fiscal 2004 (mid 2003 - mid 2004). You can find the article here:

http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=11538

They've also got a link to an audio recording of the conference call so you can here it for yourselves. They've tried to confirm it with Lucasarts and Raven, but haven't had any reply yet.

For those that can't be bothered to follow the link, here's the news post in full:

Originally posted on HomeLAN Fed by John (JCal) Callaham

During Activision's third 2003 fiscal quarter conference call earlier today (you can listen to the conference call right here), execs at the company mentioned in passing that a sequel to last year's Quake III engine powered first person shooter Star Wars: Jedi Outcast was in the works to be released in their fiscal 2004 time frame (April 2003-March 2004). Since this was mentioned in an Activision conference call, it suggests that the sequel will once again be a collaboration between Activision and LucasArts. HomeLAN contacted original Jedi Outcast developer Raven Software (which is owned by Activision) but was refered to Activision's corporate offices for an official response. The Activision rep has so far not gotten back to us with a statement. A spokesperson for LucasArts would not comment on what the Activision execs said today when asked by HomeLAN.

So there you have it. Not concrete by any means, but certainly promising - and the fact that the source is Activision themseleves is a pretty damn good sign.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope its just an expansion, if they only spend another year working on this game don't expect much more than 20 more levels of running around killing everything.

I would rather see obi wan make it back to pc in the orginal form it was supposed to be than play as kyle again...

starwars.com recently revealed new games were in the pipeline set between AOTC and EpIII, as part of a "clone wars" story arc, also encmpassing books and comics.

In my opinion LEC would be likely to be using existing engines, technology and resources when it comes to knocking out Clone Wars games between now and Episode 3.

So I have a feeling this new "Jedi Outcast" expansion/ sequel will not feature Kyle Katarn, and will be set during the Clone Wars.

Originally posted by jp-30

So I have a feeling this new "Jedi Outcast" expansion/ sequel will not feature Kyle Katarn, and will be set during the Clone Wars.

I severely doubt it... It wouldn't be a sequel to JK2 if it was based round the movies, especially seeing as JK2 takes place a while after ROTJ.....

Well hopefully they'll smooth out the gameplay, especially in CTF. Here are some MP things I think they should include.

1. Patch fix of the discon bug for duels.

2. Make absorb TRULY absorb. Like when you're running with speed and absorb and you get pull whored you shouldn't slow down with absorb on. Every other force power doesn't inhibit movement when you have absorb on except for push and pull.

3. MORE CTF MAPS. Some of the 3rd party maps are good, but no one downloads them except clanners. Every time we have good games going and server switches to one of these maps all the randoms end up leaving the server and the games essentially die. With more maps from LEC/Raven/Activision/whoever, there'll be more variety for BASE CTF. (YOU PEOPLE THAT PLAY CTF AND DONT DOWNLOAD THE CUSTOM MAPS SUCK! :) )

4. New guns with less splash damage. JK2 has more splash damage guns then any other FPS I know. Usually an FPS will have 1 maybe 2 weapons that have a splash damage effect, IE Flack, Rockets. JK2 has Heavy Repeater, Flechette, rocket launcher, Demp and thermals. Introduce some weapons that actually take more precise aiming.

5. FIX THE DAMN FRONT DOOR IN BLUE BASE ON YAVIN TEMPLE TOURNAMENT CTF!!! That thing is hella annoying. I can't count how many times I've gotten killed trying to get back to my base to cap because that door got stuck and wouldn't let me in.

6. Some new force powers would be nice. I'm getting bored with the one's available.

SP stuff:

Well I wasn't too impressed with the single player game. It was ok, but to me it was almost too linear. Anyways, I'm not a big single player gamer anyways but here's a few things I'd like to see in it.

1. Resolution to Tavion

2. Like MotS, have it concentrate on another character along with Kyle. Like maybe have some levels where you're Luke or Mara Jade, or even another Jedi.

3. Show Kyle and Jan getting it on! :) (joke, just kidding)

^yeah i agree. i also think it'd be good to have the saber a little more potent in CTF and FFA matches, like 3x or something.

You mean, like this?

yes thats time frame i was talking about. i want an FPS there though, rather then an RPG

2. Make absorb TRULY absorb. Like when you're running with speed and absorb and you get pull whored you shouldn't slow down with absorb on. Every other force power doesn't inhibit movement when you have absorb on except for push and pull.

So I could just turn on absorb and hop like a rabid bunny over any pit I want? I say it shouldn't slow your movement while on the ground, but behave the same in the air.

I dont think its fair that absorb would totally abosrb pull and push. I saw this discussed on twl, and think the best suggestion would be having a narrower impact point for pull / pusj, meaning you actually have to aim at the person, rather than just be facing them. Also pull and push should use more force power to stop whoring. I think being imune completely would kill this game off, as those who have mastered bunny-hooping and circle-strafing would be abolutely over powering to those who cant do it as well or at all. From a newbie pov, seeing these guys rocket off and you running after them at about a quarter the speed would be disheartening.

I mean i can bunnyhop fairly well, but there are still guys who bomb off about twice as fast as me, so i use a pull to slow them a little, then shoot.

:wavey:

So you're FOR inhibiting the skilled players and making the game more newb friendly? I'm sorry but the game is newb friendly enough. I think it should reflect skill and not who can pull whore the other teams carrier the best. I'm mean please, how hard is it to push one button over and over to keep a level3 speed user with absorb on in place? That's skill? Come on. Absorb should do exactly what it says ABSORB. It shouldn't affect your movement if you have it on. Grip whores don't affect you with it on. And that's a more powerful force then pull or push. Lightning doesn't either.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Jedi Outcast survey that LucasArts conducted several months back. Remember, they asked which movie characters you would like to see and when abouts you would like it to be set, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a clone war title.

Archived