Home

Coruscant

Keiran Halcyon

Of course GL created Corruscant, he would use the name if he didnt make it. He thought of Midiclorians back when he made Ep4 but he didnt use it cause it wasnt important to that part of the story. Listen to the Ep1 commentary when Qui talks to Obi about them if you dont believe me.

Originally posted by Katarn07

Uhhh, nice try, I've seen that guy before. But read where the Coruscant info came from...

In shadows CD they said that THAT poem, by the original dwellers of Coruscant, was discovered by Mungo Baobad and sure they explain that in the series. Maybe coruscant does not appear but the name.

Actually, George Lucas did come up with the name Coruscant, but Tim Zahn was the first to use it. When the time came for Zahn to write his books, he asked Lucas about the planet. Lucas gave Zahn two choices for a name, Coruscant and something else I can't remember, and told him that whichever one Zahn picked to use in his books, would be the one they stuck to. Zahn obviously picked Coruscant.

• 2 weeks later...

I knew the name of the other planet, it was in every script for SW. Never saw Coruscant in any of them though.....

I'd like the info from both Lucas and Zahn though, because, well, this is new to me....

And the fact the poem comes from that guy doesn't mean it was in the series. They could have picked an existing character and added more story to his short, short bio.

I have seen some ofthe droid cartoons with that dude in it, never heard Coruscant. I may be wrong, just want some more solid proof.

Archived