Home

WIP: Helm's Deep

Matt-Liell

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya, I just have those textures on to get the stucture right. About what you said wedge, I'm creating the inner part of helms deep for play and only have this part done, the map will get bigger later when I'm finished this part and I will make the breached wall. Also as I said this is interpreted from the movie AND my own thouhgts so it might not be exact but it will look alot better after more work, I've only worked on it for 2 days. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

last question - is that legolas' sword your using in those pics? need legolas' sword...*eyes glaze over and drools*

Yes it is my unskinned sword I made, the skin isn't showing up for some reason.

Well we have a choice to make here. I have seen that the other Helm's Deep is being worked on and is looking really nice now this is what we have to decide.

1. Should I continue with Helm's Deep?

2. Do another LotR Map, if so please give suggestions as to which place.

Matt--sorry if my criticism seemed a little harsh up there...if you want my opinions...:

Yay Legolas model! Get it OUT! :cool:

I think that since there is another Helm's Deep project, you might want to try something different. Isengard could be pretty cool, actually...Some other ideas might include Rivendell, Amon Hen, Cirith Ungol, Osgiliath, Edoras, Lothlorien (ground and flets in the trees), Hobbiton, Mirrormere, or maybe Erebor and Laketown, though those are locations from the Hobbit. Unfortunately, lots of these would take a crapload of skill with patches, loads of custom textures, fine detail work, and about a few years more time than we all have. :) Pick whatever you want, it's up to you. My suggestion is to choose a location that will bring some uniqueness to JKII but would easily fit a FFA game.

Originally posted by MydnightPsion

thats some harsh judgement from someone who only complains. its like that because its a WIP, done a done product. lets see some of your maps.

If you'd like to see Wedge's 2 released maps, you can download them from http://www.jediknightii.net. You can also see his current WIP in this forum, sooo...

I'd hate to think that you made a comment that wasn't properly researched (insinuating that all Wedge has done is complain, and not done anything else), but that looks like what you've done.

Wedge was spot on with what he said - and aside from that, the sky is not even used properly... the individual sky textures have been used and lit with light entities, rather than use the sky shader.

Originally posted by Higginson

Hey Matt, May i Beta test Rivendell since your not doin Helms Deep anymore?:rolleyes: I know its a bit early but i got a feelin there will be tons of requests later on, so i thought i would ask early. Hope to see some screenies soon! :D

Yes and be patient about screens, my first priority for jk2 is my Legolas model.

I wouldn't mind recreating a scene out of LOTR such as Rivendell myself, but I have my map for the DF mod to finish, maybe after that... perhaps making the Barrow-Downs (only seen in the books, for those who have actually read the books) would be interesting, for those who like creepy levels... There are almost limitless levels to make ;)

Originally posted by boinga1

good luck matt...you're gonna need it.

rivendell, i think you will soon find, is gonna be a nightmare

Your right it is. What I really want to do is make a good map with basically a simple location from LotR with a team. You know texture artists cause I don't have the time to make alot of em', and other specialties others may have. If anybody else would like to create that team with me please post here. We can then take a vote on what the map should be.

Archived