Home

What's your Wallpaper? (56k ouchies)

Notion

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
^ Speaking of which... I've been doing a lot of research and experimenting with fractal flames, as I intend on using them in my next series of drawings. This is one I rendered at maximum resolution (3441 x 2048) in Apophysis (I had to resize it to get it to fit on imageshack -- I'm currently using a variation of it as my background).

thatchve2.th.jpg

Fractal flames are truly amazing, I wish I had a better understanding of how to create them. It's very complicated, I'm used to just rendering random flames in GIMP, but there IS a science behind it and the program that you want to use if you're interested in it is Apophysis, the one I mentioned before. If you're interested, check it out, it's really cool. The flame I posted above is the first one I pretty much did from scratch... or the closest thing to "from scratch" that I can achieve. I think it looks pretty good. :D

That looks really cool, I just generate random fractal flames and go through them 'til I find one i like :xp:

THE ULTIMATE

ooh. Classy.

Such a great movie, perfectly shows why Joker is my favorite villain.

I see you share my taste in villains :p It was Mark Hamil that did it for me, really, but Heath Ledger seals the deal with his performance.

I've used this background before, when I had a smaller screen resolution on my old laptop. I just recently resized it to fit my new one: it looks pretty good.

ascannerdarkly3nw5.th.jpg

A Scanner Darkly is a pretty good movie, and excellent fodder for desktop backgrounds :D

Archived