What's your Wallpaper? (56k ouchies)

Notion

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ Speaking of which... I've been doing a lot of research and experimenting with fractal flames, as I intend on using them in my next series of drawings. This is one I rendered at maximum resolution (3441 x 2048) in Apophysis (I had to resize it to get it to fit on imageshack -- I'm currently using a variation of it as my background).

thatchve2.th.jpg

Fractal flames are truly amazing, I wish I had a better understanding of how to create them. It's very complicated, I'm used to just rendering random flames in GIMP, but there IS a science behind it and the program that you want to use if you're interested in it is Apophysis, the one I mentioned before. If you're interested, check it out, it's really cool. The flame I posted above is the first one I pretty much did from scratch... or the closest thing to "from scratch" that I can achieve. I think it looks pretty good. :D

Have you tried just searching for "minimalistic desktop wallpaper" (or something like that) on Google? I know it sounds silly, but you might find what you're looking for that way.

The website I always use to find wallpaper for my desktop, assuming I haven't made one myself, is InterfaceLIFT.

http://interfacelift.com/wallpaper/index.php?sort=&aspect=any

They have an absurd amount of fantastic wallpapers to choose from, and while they aren't ALL minimalistic, I'm sure they have some on there. Just browse around, or try the search bar, I bet you could find something decent.

• 2 weeks later...

TragedyOffTheMistralCoast.jpg

Art from the developers of Wing Commander Saga, a total conversion mod for Freespace 2 that remakes Wing Commander (A new game!) within it. I personally have enjoyed the prologue, and can't wait until the developers start developing again!

Well, that's what I have as my desktop currently... it used to be the real picture of what my avatar is now...

Archived