swphreak

Who would win a war?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who would win a war?

• The Yuuzhan Vong
    • The Borg
    • Too close to tell

Originally posted by Katarn07

I doubt Borg could adapt to a Tommy Gun (as seen in First Contact! :D)

They can't adapt to brute force..... which very fast flying projectiles are...

personally i think that the Borg can show what happens when you become to dependent on technology to take care of your problems...you can be screwed over with the simplest of technology....

Case in point Ewoks and Stormtroopers...

• 4 weeks later...
The Borg:

They assimilate and that stuff

Have they been able to assimilate another biological race? *cough species 8472 cough*

Answer: No.

They adapt (so woul the Vong's weapons become useless after a while?)

They do not adapt techinically. Rather, they optimize. A mere chaning of frequencies is enough to harm them again. Unfortunatly for the borg, turbolasers do not have frequency. Coralskippers don't fire phasers. There is nothing for the borg to adapt to.

Hive mind

You're joking right??? Because of the hive mind the Borg are like zombies. The only time we have EVER seen any intelligence shown from borg is when they are seperated from the collective.

This is not an advantage! ITS A DISADVANTAGE TO HAVE A HIVE MIND!

and anything else I missed

Let's see. Borg torpedoes, we don't know exactly how powerful they are, but we do know they are comparable to quantom torpedoes in damage. Quantom torpedoes are rated at 128 megatons. Let's be really generous and assume bord weapons are ten times that. I'm being really biased towards trek here with these calculations. That would give borg weapons a rating of 1.28 gigatons.

Now we know that heavy turbolasers on the Acclamator transport from Episode II was rated at 200 gigatons per shot. We'll assume this is about the same damage the New Republic does with their weapons. Again I'm being really biased towards Trek, because remember, this is like 50 years before the Yuuzhan Vong showed up. We assume the Yuuzhan Vong have the same firepower as the New Republic (not unreasonable considering the incredible bias I'm showing for Trek) and give their heavy weapons a rating of 200 gigatons.

200 gigatons per shot vs 1.28 gigatons per shot.

Gee real hard choice there. In a one on one Yuuzhan Vong take it.

But let's go further.

The Borg have conquered the Delta Quadrant. Fair enough.

The Yuuzhan Vong have control of their galaxy and half the Republics galaxy. Christ....can you imagine the millions of worlds they have, and the massive number of Yuuzhan Vong there must be if they need to conquer another galaxy?

Yeah. So the Yuuzhan Vong have the numbers, they have the power, they have the determination (the borg would be like the anti christ to the Yuuzhan Vong), and I would give them the win.

The Borg don't have any definate advantages other than transwarp. And while it's instantaneous travel, it's not dynamic like hyperdrive (which the Yuuzhan Vong have). I'd say this is a humiliating loss for the borg.

Winner: Yuuzhan Vong

You said it StarWarsPhreak. That was my 1st thought...I think I liked that post. :)

When you put it that way (good logic, plus weapons ratings, sheer number of Vong), I can see that the Vong would probably walk away with the crown.

• 1 month later...

I'v evoted too close to tell because the camp at my place is divided. One side of the family likes Star Trek and the other side (ME) likes, loves SW. So to keep the peace, I'v decide to close to tell.

I think that the Vong should win in the end because of several reasons mentioned already. Maybe it's an idea, let the Vong and the Borg meet in real. Could be fun!:rolleyes:

Archived