Home

[PART II] CHANGES/IDEAS FOR UPCOMING SEQUEL/EXPANSION thread

Smood

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by FatalStrike:

LoL Spineless_Al is still the same.

Uh-huh. Still assisting you in your eternal quest to make a fool of yourself. :cool: As if you need any help.

I call people out in BF1942 because that is the latest and greatest

You challenge JO players to BF1942 because you hope fervently that they've never played it before, because you are, and always were, a digital coward. That is all.

I just came here to confirm that Raven left us all in the cold.

Well, you've managed to confirm that your cranium is full of salty, salty porridge. Well done. Not sure about anything else though.

See ya.

Come back soon, I like an easy target every so often. Relaxing.

I am using the saber more and more in Guns CTF. I don't use it much because even I know that its only useful in certain circumstances.

It was the saberists who requested 1.03, 1.04 was simply a fix of what went wrong in 1.03, albeit not a very good one. But let me tell you this as a fact. Short of a few posts on their own forums immediately after each patch saying what they liked and didn't like, the competitive community just got on with the game.

The saber moveset (I say moveset to mean everything involving the saber) is used A LOT by competitive players, there is little more satisfying then a well-timed kick to knock a rager off course. Not many competitive players rely on moves that take away from the enjoyment of the game though. Which is why, even if i'm being completely owned, competitive players are far more fun to play with.

What went wrong with JK2 was that the force powers weren't considered well enough for all the play modes. Pretty much every force power is balanced in FFA, in CTF there are real issues with rage, pull/push and the like. I can't speak for duel since I don't play it. But its clear the game was designed for FFA, since that's where the force powers really come into their own.

Originally posted by Spider AL

I don't agree. Even in 1.04, I would never go into a guns FFA without my sabre. It's like any other tool, useful in the right hands. Separating the community into two camps and keeping them apart is the constant occupation of complete muppets, IMO.

Who says a sabre can't be a useful part of a gunner's arsenal? It's hardly writ large in stone.

I'm not saying it can't be. I'm not even saying there will be a permanent separation of two worlds. My point was that sabers with guns eventually will be a good option to play with.

I just think Raven missed a step and went right through to balancing those sabers with guns, while some aspects of those separate settings weren't even tweaked to perfection.

I say: first focus and try to create perfect saber gameplay and perfect gunning gameplay, and after a while, those 2 settings will combine automatically, because players who are used to perfect sabering would want to expand their horizons and start using guns too and vice versa.

It's a whole new perspective of how Raven chose to do it, and new perspectives are probably better, because these perspectives have learned from the past and are adapted to previous experiences. It's just that JK2's MP was and still is a big dissapointment, and the small JK2 MP community proves that JK2 MP never reached its goals. Future expansions and/or sequels should learn from these 'mistakes' and new perspectives should be looked at to see how things can be done differently to get a more succesful outcome.

Now some people might disagree, but to deny that JK2 aimed for a much larger community is like eating poo and saying u like it.

And it's obvious that what I'm saying for guns&sabers also goes for force&noforce. :)

focus on the separate settings first, then move on to see how they work with other settings. When you do this, you have a lot more info of what players like and what not. And this info can be used when something has to be changed in a separate setting to balance it with another setting.

Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

I am using the saber more and more in Guns CTF. I don't use it much because even I know that its only useful in certain circumstances.

It was the saberists who requested 1.03, 1.04 was simply a fix of what went wrong in 1.03, albeit not a very good one. But let me tell you this as a fact. Short of a few posts on their own forums immediately after each patch saying what they liked and didn't like, the competitive community just got on with the game.

The saber moveset (I say moveset to mean everything involving the saber) is used A LOT by competitive players, there is little more satisfying then a well-timed kick to knock a rager off course. Not many competitive players rely on moves that take away from the enjoyment of the game though. Which is why, even if i'm being completely owned, competitive players are far more fun to play with.

What went wrong with JK2 was that the force powers weren't considered well enough for all the play modes. Pretty much every force power is balanced in FFA, in CTF there are real issues with rage, pull/push and the like. I can't speak for duel since I don't play it. But its clear the game was designed for FFA, since that's where the force powers really come into their own.

actually i just got done playing a ffa on oE's server... the saddest thing was that a rager beat everyone there including me toosexy and contender. this was on warring factions and all he did was run around and switch on rage when he met a group of people. then he was invulnerable and most of the time the people in the ffa didnt have enough force to pull whore him. this is why rage shouldnt have increased speed/firing rate/invulnerability. sure you have a down time, but just /kill and it's gone. therefore the forces are generally unbalanced in every gametype. sure you can push/pull a rager, but honestly how often do you have enough force to do so in a ffa? almost always my force is below 1/2 because i use seeing constantly.

Well Aoshi, there are a few simple rules and tactics. Don't use seeing when there's a rager around, any more than any other extraneous force power. Just stalk them, pull their gun repeatedly and wait around for rage to run out. Then they're a puppy dog, and if you've been pulling their gun, they shouldn't have made many kills. Try to hog the Boon. Ragers like the Boon. Deny them the Boon.

Actually one of the last challenging FFAs I played was against a Raging aliaser. He was good... he racked up kills, but not as fast as I did with Absorb. Pull is the secret.

I too would disagree with Det, and say that the Force is imbalanced in FFA. But I'd say Absorb is the imbalancing factor, and hence the light side. It's never failed me, against any and all opposition.

Originally posted by Zodiac:

I'm not saying it can't be. I'm not even saying there will be a permanent separation of two worlds. My point was that sabers with guns eventually will be a good option to play with.

You aren't? What about this:

They can't be equal. They need to be different. They ARE different.

And this:

Future developers have to realize that sabers and gunners are 2 completely different worlds; with different styles, different tastes, different gameplay and different players.

:confused: Seems like you said it to me.

He or she must have been lightly seasoned.

Hur hur. Ahem.

Yes, quite. Some people claim that those who are new to JO can easily take out those who have been playing for a long while, and are "leet." But the people who claim this are plainly overestimating the skills of the allegedly "elite" players they've seen beaten.

Trust the Spider: If you ever encounter a really good JO player, you'll be lying on the floor groaning about the license plate of the truck that just hit you. There are players so good out there that you'd think they were cheating.

Besides Rumor, how do you know the person you saw win, was a newbie? Just because he said he was? Or because his name was all in white? Or because you hadn't seen him around before?

People in every game online pretend to be newbies to such an extent that they lose some games on purpose to deepen their disguise.

the person is my 6 year old brother. and he played for about an hour before he beat most of the m0h clan minus the agents in duels

the person is my 6 year old brother. and he played for about an hour before he beat most of the m0h clan minus the agents in duels

m0h? As in [M0H]? They're rubbish, apparently. Two major UK clans that I know of defeated them in official clan matches on [M0H]'s own server in America. Now that's a glowing demonstration of their skills. So they're lightly seasoned indeed; it's not really surprising that your six-year-old brother managed to beat some of their lesser members in some duels. This does not mean that newbies have as much chance of winning as truly seasoned players do.

Besides, don't sell your brother short! Perhaps he has some natural talent as well. :)

FatalStrike does seem quite bitter. I mean it is just a game, after all. Promod seems to be pretty cool, but to my knowledge there are single digit servers that actually run it. If it solved many of the problems of JO, why isn't everyone using it?

I really don't think gunners and saberists need to be separated much more than they are. I mean, I don't use the all seeing eye, but the majority of servers I see are all saber only anyway. So surely if you want to just use a saber there are many servers that cater to your tastes. This is probably all the seperation between the two groups that is necessary.

I definitely agree with Aoshi's idea if making a saber hit on a saberless opponant much more damaging, and possibly fatal (and I like some of his others as well). In a guns and sabers game, the saber should have the advantage in melee range combat. It already has the best defensive capabilities of any weapons, and so increasing the damage of it would make it just as useful, if not more so than the guns in the right situations.

Ultimately, I don't see how the game is so unbalanced. To me, unbalanced means that one player as an advantage over another. But how can this be since everyone has access to everything that everyone else does? I mean, everyone has access to all the guns, and everyone can decide what force powers (and side of the force) they want to use. If someone is owning you, they are doing it with the same weapons and powers that you have access to. It's not like they have the rocket launcher and all you have is the stun baton. If you are getting owned by someone, you know what, they are probably better than you. You just have to learn to use those same tools and abilities in a more effective fashion. The problem of people claiming big unbalances (i.e. FatalStrike), is that they decide that they want to use one of the weapons exclusively. Unfortunately this tactic doesn't work. And instead of people saying, "Well, I'm getting owned when I just use the saber, so I better come up with another tactic", they moan that the game is broken because the way they want to play doesn't lead to victories. There are tactics against pretty much everything. And for crying out loud, if people want to use the saber exclusively, there are certainly many servers where they can do this :)

That being said, JO isn't perfect by any means, and some of the suggestions here would help make the saber a more valuable asset than it is currently in a guns game. And other changes mentioned here might introduce more variety. But I think that JO is a good game. But keep the suggestions coming!

I'd just like to throw out a few ideas for an upcoming expansion or sequel to Jedi Outcast.

It would be cool if the saber system was reworked so that saber combat and defense involved the use of force. It should take a certain amount of force to block and incoming shot from a saber. The amount of force it takes should depend on certain factors, like where the blow is landing, what kind of swing was used, the timing of the blow and how direct the blow was. For example, a head on light stance attack that was made from the very edge of swinging distance should take very little force to block. Heavier blows that are more direct, properly timed, and that land farther away from the center of an opponent’s defense should take more force to block accordingly. Theoretically, you should be able to block any blow provided you have enough force to do so. However, if you lack the force to block a particular blow, it would penetrate your defense. A direct red stance attack from behind should probably bypass anyone’s defense, unless maybe if they have a full force meter. Other things would be taken into account, such as if two opponents swing at the same time. If they both hit each other, then the sabers should collide and each opponent should lose force as if they both blocked. If one hits and one does not, then the person who missed should still be able the block but should lose a lot of force.

This system would possibly be a great improvement over the current system for several reasons. It would help to eliminate the random feel of saber fighting by introducing a definitive system in which skillful sabering and defense was rewarded. The problem of randomness in the defensive arc would also be addresses by this system. In addition, the saber could be made so that it is extremely lethal, as in a one hit kill, and this wouldn’t create problems in dueling the way it would currently. In fact, the same kind of system could work when it comes to blocking shots from guns, although less force should be required to block a shot from a gun than from a saber swing in general. This, combined with sabers that kill in basically one shot, might help to improve the balance of guns vs. sabers. In general it would be a lot more fun to play this way.

Another idea that might be nice would be to vary the effect of certain force powers on an opponent based on how much force they have. Take push and pull for example. As of the way things are in Jedi Outcast, push and pull are fairly useless. They were too powerful and easy to use before the patch, and now they aren’t really good against anyone. They should be powerful provided that they are used appropriately. For example, a push or pull could be made to have little or no effect on someone with full force, but have a great effect on someone who has depleted his force meter. This might be better for gameplay and balance. Also, if this element was combined with sabering system I described above, it might make for some truly interesting and dynamic saber duels. Conservative and intelligent use of force powers along with skillful sabering would become necessary. Unintelligent abuse of force powers would leave you vulnerable.

Third, I’d like to see force sight replaced by something that’s a little more useful overall. I’ve always felt that the only reason it's in the game is to counter mind trick. I’d like to see something like “force sense” in its place. As for how it would work, here are few ideas. At level one, it could allow you to sense other Jedi that are close, as well as what side they are on, through some kind of audio or visual indicator. At level two, it could reveal Jedi who are using mind trick, and perhaps allow you to see people through walls for a limited distance. At level three, it could allow you to see people through walls farther away. It could also highlight and reveal things like mines or det packs through walls. It addition, it could show how much force another Jedi has by giving them a glow, or perhaps show how much health they have. Finally, it should let you dodge sniper fire or maybe even a homing rocket :).

Anyway, these are just my ideas. If I had the ability or the time to mod them into Jedi Outcast, I would. But I do not, so I hope that they are considered for a sequel or expansion to Jedi Outcast.

Oh and there's one more thing I'd like to add. Bring back force throw! It was one of the best and funniest force powers to use in Jedi Knight. It was always very enjoyable to make someone have a suicide count by smashing things into them :D. There wouldn’t have to be a ton of debris lying around, as long as it’s in the right places, like it was in JK.

if you made pull/push have little or no effect on people with full force. Then people would just bunny-hop through CTF maps without a care in the world...

My force config:

Jump - level 3 (essential, nuff said)

Speed - level 3 (" ")

Pull - level 3 (I don't use them much, but I need from passively for defense)

Push - level 3 (" ")

Seeing - level 3 (essential)

Rage - level 3

Team Energize - level 3

Saber Offense - level 2

Saber Defense - whatever I can spare.

The only ones of these I use regularly are Jump, Speed, Seeing. The others aren't part of my playing style, they're just there for when they might be useful in CTF.

Heck, in the average FFA I don't use any light/dark powers at all.

My actual post was stating that FFA had the most balance in force powers, if someone is absorbing, they are moving slower. Hence you shoot them... CTF is newb friendly, in that it is true that 3 well-placed darksiders can hold off an entire enemy team without breaking a sweat :(

The most fun i've had in CTF in months was playing instagib, unfortunately its only practical with a non-fluctuating ping

But essentially, if another sequel is to be successful (in the multiplayer department(, multiplayer tests, aka what ID does, would be a really good idea. Let the balance issues be fixed before the game even hits the shelves.

Originally posted by UgonDieFoo

Another idea that might be nice would be to vary the effect of certain force powers on an opponent based on how much force they have. Take push and pull for example. As of the way things are in Jedi Outcast, push and pull are fairly useless.

* In saber only pull is very effectice --> pull-throw, pull-kick.

* With weapons enabled pulling is essential for a) pulling the opponents gun (duh!) and b) pulling them down "The Void".

Push is a good defensive power. Makes you hard to kill with a rocket launcher and gives you enough time to outrun a flechette-spammer. Handy in levels with pits.

I’d like to see force sight replaced by something that’s a little more useful overall. I’ve always felt that the only reason it's in the game is to counter mind trick.

I'd say that when guns are enabled Sight is the most useful power of all. (Wouldn't use it in saber only, though) You really should try it sometime.

You can spot hiding snipers easily and bryar them down.

Detpacks and traps show up clearly.

You see people through walls and can blow them into pieces before they even know what happened.

Seeing mind trickers is just a bonus. :)

And if you are into gettin loads of frags, you might want to know exactly where on the map that pack of saberists are swinging their glowsticks and go pay them a visit with your rocket launcher :D

Sight is teh winnar! :thumbsup:

You challenge JO players to BF1942 because you hope fervently that they've never played it before, because you are, and always were, a digital coward. That is all.

HEHE! Funny!

I challenged you in JKII and instead of meeting me at one server you decided to hide by stating "find me" at one of 25, however that is the past. I did not come here to damage your weak little ego nor to giggle at your clever remarks which are meaningless given your inability to back them up when you had the chance.

As I said before I came to find out if Raven was supporting this game or if they had left you all behind. It seems obvious since you are in the same debate you were in 6 months ago that they have. I also note that BigGay_Al is still defending this action.

Have a great day everyone!

(PS sup Solar!)

Originally posted by Luc Solar:

Movement with or without the saber should be similar. Why can't I wall walk or kick while holding a bryar?

A good point: Perhaps in a sequel it would be nice if acrobatics were a separate skill/power.

I challenged you in JKII and instead of meeting me at one server you decided to hide by stating "find me" at one of 25,

Hmm, you know son, I think you'll find that when you challenge someone, they get to pick the server. I gave you a choice of four duel servers, and a specific time to meet, and you never turned up on any of them. I know, because I was monitoring them during that time, and even outside the time frame. Isn't player-searching wonderful?

You are, and always have been, a paper tiger. your presence online is as strong as a liquorice hawser, and your abilities are as tangible as a moth's methane. Your ego is as diminutive as a house found in a land atop a beanstalk, and your abilities are as extensive as the population of Vatican City is large.

You're a digital coward, and you flee from those that you yourself have challenged. You challenge JO players to BF1942, after insulting them. This is you. Feel pride in your courage, maturity and honour. :rolleyes:

I did not come here to damage your weak little ego nor to giggle at your clever remarks

Well at least you have the wit to appreciate the cleverness of my posts, if little else. :) As for my ego being weak, that's possibly the first time anyone's ever erred on that side of the equation. Hur hur.

As I said before I came to find out if Raven was supporting this game or if they had left you all behind.

Actually you came here to attempt to add air to your already inflated ego... You've only succeeded in demonstrating just how infantile a human being can be if he really tries.

I also note that BigGay_Al is still defending this action.

Foetalstrike, fount of all maturity. Tell me Foetal, do you obtain all your witticisms from South Park? You could learn a lot from Mr. Hankey: He talks a darn sight less excrement than you. ;)

You aren't? What about this:

And this:

:confused: Seems like you said it to me.

My post did not consist of only those two statements. I wrote at the end: "Don't try to make a gunning saberist, create a 100% saberist and create a 100% gunner and the two worlds will eventually find eachother, skill will evolve."

And let's also not forget the post I made directly after that post, which explained my point of view a lot more. Just quoting 2 sentences I wrote down don't do justice to the overall statement I was referring to.

So what I was trying to say was that guns and sabers are different, they have to be kept separated during the first stages of development to perfectionize the gameplay of those settings alone, but at the end they will eventually find eachother, because some players will evolve into gunwhoring gayberists (or gaybering gunwhores).

I'm a little late checking this thread, so I only did a quick, 15 min, scan of a couple of pages....

Did anyone discuss the possibility of cooperative-type play in the multiplayer environments?

I've always thought that having a server that had several localities within it along with non-player characters would be interesting. The NPCs would interact a bit and perhaps respond to hostility either by running or defending, but this would allow a human player to blend in.

Killing an NPC would result in a points loss, so as to discourage random violence. Upon entering the "world" the human player could chose a variety of missions.... perhaps, and I'm just thinking off of the cuff: 1) a bounty-hunt mission; 2) avoid a bounty hunter 3) gather information; 4) reccon; 5) team up with other players to bring another team to "justice"; etc.

This might entail more than an expansion pack, but it could even be possible to "check out" with the server so as to save any collected items, skills, points, etc. in order to resume a later time.

This would start bringing JK more to a Massive Multiplayer game, but I think it would be more interesting than some of the routine that's developed in the past.

Oh, well.... just my opinion.... the way I'd like to play the game. I'm not really into role playing games, but I suppose that's what I'm describing... just with the combat opportunities of JK2.

SkinWalker

A good point: Perhaps in a sequel it would be nice if acrobatics were a separate skill/power.

Hmm, you know son, I think you'll find that when you challenge someone, they get to pick the server. I gave you a choice of four duel servers, and a specific time to meet, and you never turned up on any of them. I know, because I was monitoring them during that time, and even outside the time frame. Isn't player-searching wonderful?

Why lie? You gave me NO specific time and a group of 20 servers. Hehehe! This is great! You see your own action as so being so laughable that you now seek to cover it up.

Well NoShow_Al it's been fun. Look me up when you unstaple yourself form your workstation and buy a more recent game. I will be glad to provide the time and place, and bet your smug behind that I won't play your "hide in the crowd" game. You are a fraud, old friend, and I proved it long ago.

You may pad your ego by remembering that you have at the very least managed to convince these forum folk that you have a spine.

In my eyes you will remain the inadequate frightened invertebrate you proved yourself to be.

Good day :jawa

Originally posted by UgonDieFoo

It would be cool if the saber system was reworked so that saber combat and defense involved the use of force. It should take a certain amount of force to block and incoming shot from a saber. The amount of force it takes should depend on certain factors, like where the blow is landing, what kind of swing was used, the timing of the blow and how direct the blow was. For example, a head on light stance attack that was made from the very edge of swinging distance should take very little force to block. Heavier blows that are more direct, properly timed, and that land farther away from the center of an opponent?s defense should take more force to block accordingly. Theoretically, you should be able to block any blow provided you have enough force to do so. However, if you lack the force to block a particular blow, it would penetrate your defense. A direct red stance attack from behind should probably bypass anyone?s defense, unless maybe if they have a full force meter. Other things would be taken into account, such as if two opponents swing at the same time. If they both hit each other, then the sabers should collide and each opponent should lose force as if they both blocked. If one hits and one does not, then the person who missed should still be able the block but should lose a lot of force.

This system would possibly be a great improvement over the current system for several reasons. It would help to eliminate the random feel of saber fighting by introducing a definitive system in which skillful sabering and defense was rewarded. The problem of randomness in the defensive arc would also be addresses by this system. In addition, the saber could be made so that it is extremely lethal, as in a one hit kill, and this wouldn?t create problems in dueling the way it would currently. In fact, the same kind of system could work when it comes to blocking shots from guns, although less force should be required to block a shot from a gun than from a saber swing in general. This, combined with sabers that kill in basically one shot, might help to improve the balance of guns vs. sabers. In general it would be a lot more fun to play this way.

Another idea that might be nice would be to vary the effect of certain force powers on an opponent based on how much force they have. Take push and pull for example. The way things are now in Jedi Outcast, push and pull are fairly useless. They were too powerful and easy to use before the patch, and now they aren?t really good against anyone. They should be powerful provided that they are used appropriately. For example, a push or pull could be made to have little or no effect on someone with full force, but have a great effect on someone who has depleted his force meter. This might be better for gameplay and balance. Also, if this element was combined with sabering system I described above, it might make for some truly interesting and dynamic saber duels. Conservative and intelligent use of force powers along with skillful sabering would become necessary. Unintelligent abuse of force powers would leave you vulnerable.

Third, I'd like to see force sight replaced by something that?s a little more useful overall. I?ve always felt that the only reason it's in the game is to counter mind trick. I'd like to see something like ?force sense? in its place. As for how it would work, here are few ideas. At level one, it could allow you to sense other Jedi that are close, as well as what side they are on, through some kind of audio or visual indicator. At level two, it could reveal Jedi who are using mind trick, and perhaps allow you to see people through walls for a limited distance. At level three, it could allow you to see people through walls farther away. It could also highlight and reveal things like mines or det packs through walls. It addition, it could show how much force another Jedi has by giving them a glow, or perhaps show how much health they have. Finally, it should let you dodge sniper fire or maybe even a homing rocket :).

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on most of these points :) First regarding having force used up for defending with the saber. The problem I see is the same thing that happened when heal was much more powerful. People would get their force pool low and then run off until it came up again. There would have to seriously get the pool usage levels right for it to work. In a full force game, people probably wouldn't use force powers because as soon as they did, they would get chopped down with no ability to defend themselves. The biggest problem would be with gunners. This would make guns against sabers even more deadly. If I attack you with even my alt-fire blaster rifle, I could just stand there and lower your force pool because you would have to deflect all my shots. This gives me a great advantage because I am reducing your ability to use absorb, defend against push/pull, and whatever else, all the while my force pool is increasing to the max because all I'm doing is pulling the trigger. Hell, then I can pull out my rocket launcher and blow you away, because you don't have the mana left to push the rocket back, or I'll lightning you, as you can't use absorb.

I don't see how push and pull are useless right now. You say that push should not have much affect on someone with full force, and more effect on low force. Isn't that the way it is now? If I push someone with full force, they counter that and don't get moved, knocked down, or whatever. If someone has depleted their force pool, they get shoved around. So what's the difference? And combining this with your proposed saber system would probably mean I can't use push because I'm spending all my power defending.

I also don't see how what your proposing for Force See is drastically duifferent than what we have now. And frankly, seeing is very useful. Besides the handy thing about seeing through mind trick, and as has been said before, you can spot snipers and detect people behind walls, and so on. And the higher the level, the farther you can see. This is just what you are wanting, isn't it?

I do like some of your ideas for getting more information from force sight, like maybe force alignment and health.

yay, its a "lets make up insulting variations of people's names" thread.

Well, FatalBreath, you could always reissue your challenge to Spider_AL. Because I still remember him hanging around in the massassi chatroom whilst waiting for you to show up on one of the designated servers. He won countless games of iSketch whilst waiting. By about 3am he got bored and went to bed (several days in succession).

Spider_AL has no reason to be insecure about his skills, i'm aware of players that could probably beat him, but non of them are you. He is a good player, and based on the fact you've never played him, you have no evidence to the contrary. I've played him numerous times (albeit not recently, but back when you issued the challenge I was playing him all the time). I honestly don't know if you could beat him i've never seen you play, but your comments are irrational, unfounded, and downright childish.

Actually, this is pretty much exactly the post I made all those months ago, shows how much you've changed really.

My post did not consist of only those two statements.

Nevertheless it contained those two statements. It's hardly my responsibility to compensate for the fact that your posts contradict themselves and each other. :D

You gave me NO specific time and a group of 20 servers.

Actually I specified late evening in the GMT time zone. You confirmed this in the original thread. I further fulfilled my promise and spent at least 45 minutes each night in those duel servers, in fact, I played nothing but duel on those servers for ten days. In addition to waiting all evening, every evening for ten days for you to arrive, I waited long after midnight too, regularly searching for the name you gave me. That's something Det can confirm, and has confirmed. How many games of Isketch was that? Ugh. Quite honestly you have no excuse for your absence. There was nothing more I could have done.

Twenty servers? Look here:

Originally posted by Spider AL:

I play on the Blueyonder and Jolt duel servers, I play on the Boomtown and Gamesdomain FFA servers, and the CTF servers on all the above networks.

You then said:

A saber challenge is what I am looking for. JKII guns became rather dry since I got Unreal 2003.

So you had the Blueyonder and Jolt servers to choose from, at the time, numbering four default-map unmodded (adminmodded) NF duel servers.

Hence, four.

When I confirmed my time zone to you on the forums, you responded with this:

I will go when I have time after work, if that doesn't match with your time you are free to confirm what you want. I really don't give a damn what a smug fool thinks of me. I will not be changing my schedule just to run into you. You are free to find me on 1.02 if I don't run into you

Which was the worst pre-game insurance excuse for chickening out, I have ever seen. Quite an achievement really. So from then on I pretty much knew you'd turned a nice jaundiced colour.

You then proceeded to challenge me to 1.02 or Promod on a server of your choice, repeatedly. Needless to say, this was laughable. The challenger comes to the challenged. Quite simple as a concept, but you never grasped it.

Well NoShow_Al

Make your mind up. That one doesn't even begin with an "S". Find one you like, and stick with it. I'm extremely happy with my 'FoetalStrike', and I've gotten a lot of use out of it. Truly a match made in heaven.

Look me up when you unstaple yourself form your workstation and buy a more recent game. I will be glad to provide the time and place,

Once again you lay down a challenge and expect to be able to choose not just the time and place, but the game as well. You're living in a dreamworld. ;) If you want my game, you step up to the plate I specify. That simple enough for you?

You are a fraud, old friend, and I proved it long ago.

If that's what you call proof, "old furend", you must have worked in the Justice system of apartheid South Africa. I dread the day you become a scientist. I can see the headlines now:

"FOETALSTRIKE CLAIMS TO HAVE DISCOVERED PROOF OF CONNECTION BETWEEN MOBILE PHONE USE AND LEPROSY"...

Prime: Good points.

Archived