Home

damn wallets!!!

-s/<itzo-

Like Darky, I too keep a constant tab on where my wallet is. However, sometimes even the most cautious of us are prone to mishap sooner or later. I lost mine in a busy city street a few years ago. Inside was $150. Now the only reason I had lost it was because I was wearing a jumper (sweater, windcheater..whatever :o ) tied around my waist. I went to put it in my back pocket but it carelesly wound up beween my pocket and the jumper. Only when I went to buy something did I notice that it was gone. I retraced my steps, looking everywhere but found nothing. Then as a last resort I went to the nearest police station to report\enquire as to the fate of my wallet. And what do you know? It was handed in to them by some anonimous person only minutes beforehand. Nothing was missing, much to my relief.

Ever since then I have thought twice about taking the money from a wallet that I have found (hey, at least I'm honest :D ). I suppose its my way of saying thanks...

I have never lost of dropped my wallet anywhere without me knowing about it. I always keep my cell phone, leatherman, and change in the front left pocket - my keys in the front right - and my wallet in my back right. Plus my wallet contains everything in it. But I have a back up photo copy of everything in it on file stored safely in case I need it, along with numbers to call. Its kinda like a "In Case My Wallet is Missing or Stolen Proceedure."

Originally posted by UsetheFORX

I don't carry a wallet...

I carry... a PURSE!

lol j/k

i lost my wallet one time had a $20 bill, thats all... ( im only 13!)

20 bucks is alot, then. Unless you get allowance (I don't, but I get some figures for all the crap I do!!!).

My wallet is irreplacable:

Drivers Licence

Switch Card

Savings Card

Swipe Card for Uni Computers

Uni Library and ID Card

NUS Card

Travel Pass

Money

WH Smith Card

Cab Cards

Together w/ phone and keys, forms the Holy Trilogy - to lose one is to lose all functionality.

Thankfully never lost any of them!

Originally posted by XERXES

ever wonder why your back pockets have buttons or some other means to close so things dont fall out???? yeah....thats what their for.....get my drift?

I hate trying to unbotton them... Not all have them, either. Cargo pants are the way to go. Thick cloth, nice velcro or buttons... Yeah. I'm sure the guy that invented those is/ was a millionaire. :D

I lost my wallet up on the mountain snowboarding once. It had like 50 bucks in it, with all of my ids, cards and personal stuff. Luckily, within 20 minutes of losing it, they called me to the vistor center where somebody returned it with everything still intact. whoo. :p

Originally posted by Darklighter

I always wear jeans when I carry my wallet, front right pocket. Dunno why, but it's always the right pocket lol

Same for me. It's right or nothing.

I've never lost it, but I had somebody try to take off with it. I had about 200 bucks in there, so I ran after that guy fast. And I got him too, so no money lost.

But I nearly killed myself running that fast.

I can remember what I yelled too...

"Hey you ****ing *******! Get your candy ass back here!"

And thus began a 15 minute run through a high school.

:D

EDIT: Glad you got your wallet back! Sucks about the cash tho....

Archived