Home

In NPCs.cfg, what is 'Munro'?

jojobob

In the npcs.cfg file, there are characters and the first one is munro. I don't know what it is. It sais it has the same model & sounds as Kyle. Can somebody tell me?

Also, i changed munro's settings to have a model, class, and sound of Desann. I know the model didn't work because it's an NPC but it seems to me that now Kyle's force powers are stronger. Now lightning makes people fly into the air and is really powerful and NO I did not add a new mod recently. Also, the glowish blue cloud force stuff around Kyle's hand is denser as in thicker, brighter, etc. Does anybody know if it's me or if something really happened?

-thanks in advance

Commenting on the change to Force Lightning;

I've noticed a similar effect when using the SP_fullpower.pk3 mod by Locutus (got it off of Fileplanet). Where lightning seems to strike every enemy on the screen silmoutaneously, lifting them into the air and killing immediately.

In that mod, he scripted out the beginning of each SP level to give you full force powers. The answer to this lightning mod question might be found there.

Originally posted by operagh0st

I've noticed a similar effect when using the SP_fullpower.pk3 mod by Locutus (got it off of Fileplanet). Where lightning seems to strike every enemy on the screen silmoutaneously, lifting them into the air and killing immediately.

I think i downloaded that mod on jk2files.com and it didn't do anything but start me with level 3 force powers. It was called fullpower_mod.zip and the pk3 was called Jedi.pk3. You called yours SP_fullpower.pk3 and that you downloaded it from fileplanet, i can't ever download anything from fileplanet because it sucks and you have to PAY to download things so i may have gotten a different one.

Anyway, don't want to stray from the main subject, does anyone know what 'munro' is?

ok zeek2304, dvader is not totally wrong. yes, JO and SoF2 and MoH and crap all use updated Q3/Q3TA engines. this does not mean that there can be no connection between them. both JO and SoF2 have some of the same death animations and im sure theres other stuff. hell, the hands on characters look the same to me in both games. ok, theres really no point to what i just said. but if youll notice, the stuff at the beginning of npcs.cfg has classes and other things from Elite Force. so i would not completely invalidate dvaders statement. however dvader, where did you find that munro is a character in SoF2?

Originally posted by wedge2211

Munro is the lead character in ST: Voyager Elite Force, a Q3Arena game.

...took the words right out of my mouth, er, keyboard.

anyway, inside the config files, etc. there are lots of references to Elite Force entities. It's quite amusing, and gives some insight into the heritage of JK2.

:D

Archived