Home

Getting a little sick of personal insults

Guest DarthMaulUK

Guest DarthMaulUK

To ALL forum members.

It's about time the personal insults and attacks in threads come to an end. Some humour is fun and normal inter clan/clan stuff is fine to an extent but calling people names because they can't spell or do not understand certain game elements etc is unacceptable.

Anyone found to be insulting WILL be issued with a ban from the forums.

Let's behave and make EVERY one welcome.

DMUK

• 4 weeks later...

Can I get OOM-9(2) banned? He called me a "rubbish general" when I asked forum members for ideas on countering a Hvy destroyer droid w/ anti-air cover. I guess because I was a beginning online SWGB gamer he thought he could jump on me for asking about game strategy-probably to boost his own fragile ego by telling us what a great TF player he is.

Now if you don't ban him, can I have his home address? I would like to confront him in a place where he can't hide behind this forum.

I assume this forum is meant to be way for people to contstructively discuss a great game without cowards jumping on people while not being able to look them in the eye. Let's hope the spirit of sportsmanship reigns supreme.

YoDaMan

The original thread cannot be found by even by me. I know the threads id number which is 89599. The thread has been lost, but I hope it can be recovered to show those forces of justice(this forum's ministers) the how the Dark Side worked into an otherwise good discussion of strategy.

YoDaMan

Guest DarthMaulUK

I have searched and can't find it. Without proof, I can't do anything. As this topic suggests, let's all get along regardless.

DMUK

This is line what is a bannable insult: whether the insult is fired in malice. Jumping on beginners asking for help while exposing their mistakes to the public is not the way to expand this forum's membership and encourage more people to play a great game.

I "razz" folks in good humor all the time, common opponents are a favorite target(the Mac online SWGB community is rather tiny) and insults are made in jest.

OOM-9(2) was the only cowardly and completely negative response I got out of 10 responses(an estimate-as the thread is lost). It was malignant. The other responses were,for the most part, very helpful and should be testimony to sportsmanship of the readership's majority. If someone wants to shoot there mouth off with malice, do it when the target has the fair oppurtunity to punch the assailant in the mouth.

YoDaMan

Archived