Home

I need to become an Expert at RM

Ecks_Gecar

try being specific on what you want tips for or you'll get stuff you dont need.

anyway heres what i have to say:

-make tons of workers. the more workers the more recs.

-get to the holocrons quick. if you get them there's more nova to use.

-trade with you ally if you have one.

-focus on carbon and food to jumpstart you economy and then go for the minerals. When you go for them mine them like crazy. the quicker you mine the less time you enemy has to get the minerals.

-research before you attack. a couple of upgraded units can easily overtake many nonupgraded ones.

-counter enemy units correctly. (i.e. anti air to air, air to anti air lacking army, strike mechs to troopers.)

-set up base defense early (tech level 2) so you have time to rally your troops to the area of your wall that is being attacked. if you have the recs make turrents also.

-defend your ally. he may be weak in some cases but he will help and allow you to trade w/him.

-make a powerful army to overtake the enemy base (i.e. pummels for buildings, strike mechs for troops, assault mechs for mechs and buildings, and anti air for air. air may be used if the enemy has no air defenses)

-research holonet transeiver as quick as possible so as to see what your ally sees and counter the enemy easier.

-research spynet towards the end of the game when you are close to defeating the enemy. This way you can single out any escaping workers or military units. By that time the cost of spynet has also gone down.

(wow that was my longest post ever!)

Guest DarthMaulUK

One of the best ways to improve your game is to watch the recorded games by the experts. See how they do things. It's all about choosing your upgrades carefully and not wasting carbon/food/nova/ore on silly unwanted upgrades.

You can see dozens of recorded games in our links section and check out the Strategy section of our website for expert advice.

DMUK

• 1 month later...

I can only add to that how i managed to master RTS'es like Age Of Empires to expert level;

practice on specific elements of gameplay.

for instance: try a one-on-one game with a weak comp player and see how fast you can advance through Tech lvls. Gather tips on that. Practice again. Then learn how to build a small military while you're advancing. Practice again.

Play a bit against a human player.

Don't try to get everything in the space of a few weeks; it's futile. Rushes can only be stopped effectively and decisively if you are GOOD. Rushes can only be carried out if you're good anyway, so you're doomed anyway when someone rushes you..

yeah i forgot to mention the best way to learn rming. just play the computer constantly making your way up the skill level starting at easiest. i play 2v2 at hard currently 6 or 7 months after i started at easiest. this way is much easier than versing humans to gain xp.

Archived